Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’s much chance Davies will be with us next season. He still has a reputation in the Championship and I’m sure we won’t take a loss on him.
Liverpool bought him because they regarded him as one of the best in the division and 1 year later he has added UCL experience to his CV.
A good footballer not suited to our team or league

I'm gonna say something potentially outlandish. I don't even think Davies is a bad player. I just don't think he suits being at a club like Rangers tbh. Big part of that is supporter expectation and our perceptions. We don't tend to warm to defenders of his ilk.

I think we'll easily be able to shift him. Our supports perception of him, isn't actually how he is perceived in a broader context.

I'm gonna say something potentially outlandish. I don't even think Davies is a bad player. I just don't think he suits being at a club like Rangers tbh. Big part of that is supporter expectation and our perceptions. We don't tend to warm to defenders of his ilk.

I think we'll easily be able to shift him. Our supports perception of him, isn't actually how he is perceived in a broader context.
I agree mate. The main problem isn’t the fact he made a basic error at the piggery- that can happen- it’s more that he isn’t aggressive or loud enough on the pitch.
a Rangers CB should never be easily outmuscled and that is how he is perceived by our support.
Although I have never seen Austin Trusty play, his profile appears to be closer to a Bassey so might be a better fit for our league.

We haven't really been playing with wingers.

It's been a hybrid sort of formation:

Back 4
Deep lying cm
Two cms
A versatile '10'
Striker wide forward

Yep, almost like a midfield diamond, with Jack at the base, Raskin and Lundstram central and Cantwell at the tip.
Good pace and movement further forward , with Sakala and Matondo.

Since Beale adopted it, we've completely dominated the midfield in every game, including celtic and have looked very easy on the eye.

I agree mate. The main problem isn’t the fact he made a basic error at the piggery- that can happen- it’s more that he isn’t aggressive or loud enough on the pitch.
a Rangers CB should never be easily outmuscled and that is how he is perceived by our support.
Although I have never seen Austin Trusty play, his profile appears to be closer to a Bassey so might be a better fit for our league.

Yeah it's perception based. He doesn't do things we expect. Plenty of defenders have fallen foul of that at Ibrox. He's not gritty enough or athletic enough. You can be one or the other, you can be both but you need at least one of those characteristics to be a Rangers centre half.

He could be outmuscled initially, recover and win the ball back with intelligence/anticipation, which to be fair to him he has done at times. We don't remember the second bit though, our support hyper focuses in on the fact he got 'rag dolled' by a plodder in first half of that act.

Yep, almost like a midfield diamond, with Jack at the base, Raskin and Lundstram central and Cantwell at the tip.

Since Beale adopted it, we've completely dominated the midfield in every game, including celtic and have looked very easy on the eye.
We very rarely played wingers first time round either. The 2 x 10’s patter was slaughtered when Gio took over to finally give us width with 2 wingers but it allowed our midfield to be dominated in games against the mentally challengeds.

If there’s even the slightest interest in Conor Coady, I’d take him in a minute.

Exactly the type of defender, and indeed player, we need to toughen up. He’s a leader, he’s a good defender and he would skoosh it up here.

He would be an ideal signing, and if the money is good then we should at the very least explore it. £4.5m? Not bad dough for him to be fair.

We absolutely need a mother centre back with experience and ability and he has it in spades, as well as good leadership qualities, and is an international for England, albeit not a regular. Id say it’s a pretty low risk, high gain type of singing we need.

I disagree; in all likelihood Davies will be off during the summer.
I think he will probably be off, I think both us and Davies would be happy and willing to make that happen.

I dont think he is suited to the football up here.

Would maybe suit him and his family to be down south nearer extended family

Looked to me like Raskin at the base, Jack slightly left and Lundstram slightly right.

Defo was in the Celtic game.

not transfer related, but anyone find it odd that 2 of Coadys kids are wearing Italy tops? He was in the squad when they lost the euros final against them. I’d happily never see another Frankfhurt strip in my life, let alone kit my kids out in their strip.

Keeping it on track. I’d take him in a heartbeat, but there’s no chance it’s happening imo. He will have offers from PL teams there if Wolves don’t want him.

Where are you seeing this?

I saw his name suggested in here a few times.

Most likely started here, made it’s way to Twitter and back again without there ever being any link at all.
Was linked a few weeks ago with a few articles in Turkey chucking our name in with Galatasaray

Very left footed.Quality of opposition not Great but some nice finishes.

Does look like he could be very effective in our league however where is the link originating?

Have to disagree with that one I'm afraid, Vickers is the best centre half and I hope he goes this summer.

Helander when fit would have a say in that.
Vickers is a good central defender, but he's been exposed in Europe a few times.

Despite last season's shambolic European campaign, Goldson had huge performances against De Jong of PSV and Nunez of Liverpool, both highly rated strikers.

At Ibrox, he was consistently beating Nunez to every ball, both in the air and the deck.
It was no coincidence that the score was 1-1 when he went off injured.
Our defence completely collapsed after that.

His long diagonals are also a huge asset.

The drop off in our central defence, when he's not playing, is massive.

All about opinions mate, but I'd have Goldson over Vickers all day long.

Vickers is a good central defender, but he's been exposed in Europe a few times.

Despite last season's shambolic European campaign, Goldson had huge performances against De Jong of PSV and Nunez of Liverpool, both highly rated strikers.

At Ibrox, he was consistently beating Nunez to every ball, both in the air and the deck.
It was no coincidence that the score was 1-1 when he went off injured.
Our defence completely collapsed after that.

His long diagonals are also a huge asset.

The drop off in our central defence, when he's not playing, is massive.

All about opinions mate, but I'd have Goldson over Vickers all day long.

I agree Goldson is the best defender in Scotland, Vickers is decent but lets remember he gets off with absolute murder and thing Goldson never would.

Goldson has kept some superb strikers quiet in our European runs, no where near as bad as being made out. Even the top pro’s have brain farts.

Goldson has been brilliant since 2018 consistently in europe. Odd mistake here and there. His absense earlier this season surely people realised but nah.

Coady is a standard epl cb. Id be shocked if he came here and was as good as Goldson tbh.
Agree with every word. We won't know what we have till it's gone. The best centre half we have had since Davie Weir.

We could look to strike a deal with wolves for coady on loan with a view to making permanent next summer

Bank any Davies money to help with the attacking rebuild

Doesn’t appear that wolves will be hard to deal with for coady

Butland
Souttar Goldson Coady
Tav Raskin Cifuentes Yilmaz
Cantwell
New New

Sterling
Borna - (sell)
Dowell
Jack
Lundstrum
Sakala
Lawerence
Hagi - (sell)
Lowry
Devine
King
McCrorie

why are people still discussing coady?? 2+2=453

re: Olunga, i cannot see any trustworthy links, just the usual 'blogs' regurgitating the dodgy turkish nonsense

I know the Conor Coady link is a tedious one but if we can shift Ben Davies for the same money it would cost to bring in Coady then I am all for it.

The boy is a leader and we need as many of those on the park as possible. I was shocked when Wolves let him go and so were most the Wolves support.

Just read on Sky Sports that the transfer window for clubs across the UK opens on June, 14th; however, for overseas, it opens on July 1st. Maybe then we’ll see a lot more activity?

“A lot more activity”

Genuinely baffled at what folk expect, we’ve announced 2, by all accounts Butland and one or two others are close

We are just out of May!!

Daniel Cousin vibes from Ilunga, a big physical left footed striker who has some pace. Admittedly the standard of opposition in Japan and Middle East looks poor but I think he would do a job for us. I liked the goals he scored where his determination got him to balls that weren't his to win, or when he bullied defenders and took it off them

Coady rumour rubbish 4.5m and 60 grand a week not going to happen. He is going to Sheffield Utd. Love how the Daily Retard picks up its stories from Follow Follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back