Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit of a blow if Beale has gone out to Turkey only to be up against Villarreal and 10m. Would seem very unlikely now, if true.

Goldson is a good centre half but not as good as folk on here think unsurprisingly. We definitely miss him when out injured and he stands out because all other options have been gash in the grand scheme of things. Coady is better in my opinion but Goldson can still do a job alongside another quality centre half.

I think the original link to Olunga (this summer at least) came from an African news outlet which is what the Turkish media are quoting.

He's been on some decent wages in recent years if reports are to be believed. A player good enough to improve us is also one that many a team able to pay more than we can will be interested in. It should be a competitive

I don't know enough about him to know if he's that standard of player.

“A lot more activity”

Genuinely baffled at what folk expect, we’ve announced 2, by all accounts Butland and one or two others are close

We are just out of May!!
We’re a support of Olivers, or wives even.
Always wanting more.
Never enough.

Yeah it's perception based. He doesn't do things we expect. Plenty of defenders have fallen foul of that at Ibrox. He's not gritty enough or athletic enough. You can be one or the other, you can be both but you need at least one of those characteristics to be a Rangers centre half.

He could be outmuscled initially, recover and win the ball back with intelligence/anticipation, which to be fair to him he has done at times. We don't remember the second bit though, our support hyper focuses in on the fact he got 'rag dolled' by a plodder in first half of that act.

The clamour /desire for Katic to be in the team typifies this. The blood and guts and aggression appealed to folk, despite him making multiple errors, his positioning being mince due to the aforementioned blood and guts style and being terrible on the ball.

Davies generally reads the game and positions himself well, normally uses the ball well, but doesn't have the aggression so people don't take to him.

That said I don't think he is physical enough for scottish football and should move on.

Olunga really would be an interesting prospect. 52 goals in 51 games?

People talk about the level of the league and as much of some of the defending is poor I would argue that some of the defending in the SPFL is poor too and some of his finishing in this clip suggests it wouldn’t matter if it’s the local park or the CL final - he is battering top corners. You would imagine he’d get just as many chances in the SPFL as well.

I always like a striker that has a good scoring record versus someone with a poorer one from a better league or bigger club (within reason). Morelos came from a poorer league but was always scoring. Jelavic another with a good record everywhere he’d been. And I guess they found that with Kyogo in the J-League. Some strikers are just goalscorer regardless of what league they’re in and the SPFL is hardly the Serie A.

Daniel Cousin vibes from Ilunga, a big physical left footed striker who has some pace. Admittedly the standard of opposition in Japan and Middle East looks poor but I think he would do a job for us. I liked the goals he scored where his determination got him to balls that weren't his to win, or when he bullied defenders and took it off them
Not being funny or trying to be smart on this one but the manks signed players from Japan, facing Japanese opposition, who’ve done alright for them.

The clamour /desire for Katic to be in the team typifies this. The blood and guts and aggression appealed to folk, despite him making multiple errors, his positioning being mince due to the aforementioned blood and guts style and being terrible on the ball.

Davies generally reads the game and positions himself well, normally uses the ball well, but doesn't have the aggression so people don't take to him.

That said I don't think he is physical enough for scottish football and should move on.
Was hinted several weeks ago that the player wants to move on and the Club won't be difficult to deal with.

I'll be heavily surprised if he is back for pre season if we get our money back and bit of profit Davies is gone imo.

Our defence needs at least two upgrades this summer we need quality and options.

We also need to get away from heavily relying on Goldson.

He came through at Leeds but sure Romano said the other day quite a few premiership clubs after him, he failed at spurs previously. Amad had a better season than him as well
He also cost sunderland upto 10m several epl and champ teams lookin at him, good player though

Looked to me like Raskin at the base, Jack slightly left and Lundstram slightly right.

Defo was in the Celtic game.

There was definitely a bit of rotation between Jack and Raskin.
It also allowed Lundstram to be more aggressive and push further forward, as well as allowing Cantwell the freedom to go anywhere and influence the game.

The 4 of them were also like Rottweilers out of possession, winning the ball back and totally bullying the celtic midfield.

He also cost sunderland upto 10m several epl and champ teams lookin at him, good player though
Yeah I like him, remember his goal for Leeds at Villa park when he was about 18. As others have said good player but doubt we could afford him. Sure spurs paid about 9 million for him as well

It also allowed Lundstram to be more aggressive and push further forward, as well as allowing Cantwell the freedom to go anywhere and influence the game.

The 4 of them were also like Rottweilers out of possession, winning the ball back and totally bullying the celtic midfield.
If we ever play jack and lundstrum in the same midfield next season then this window will have went seriously wrong

I think the original link to Olunga (this summer at least) came from an African news outlet which is what the Turkish media are quoting.

He's been on some decent wages in recent years if reports are to be believed. A player good enough to improve us is also one that many a team able to pay more than we can will be interested in. It should be a competitive

I don't know enough about him to know if he's that standard of player.

From limited YouTube reels he seems to score from a lot of cut backs, headers and tap ins. The sorts of one touch finishes that we could have done with against the dross.

Interesting that he had a loan at Girona when he was 23, at which time Girona had just become part of City Group. At that point CFG were trying to establish Girona in la liga by sending their promising players to get experience (Douglas Luiz being one). The fact they brought him in at 23 from a random Chinese team suggests he was good enough to be on the CFG radar and maybe one they wanted a look at.

In any event, he ended up in Japan and then Qatar and has been a pretty regular scorer. As others have said, players from that league have managed to adjust to our thud and blunder league. At 29 this would probably be his last window to getting into European football so could understand if he was touting a move (to us or anybody)

If we ever play jack and lundstrum in the same midfield next season then this window will have went seriously wrong

If they both keep playing the way they finished the season, in the new formation, then it'll need to be top drawer midfielders we sign, that take their place.

Which is a positive right away.

Alot of the rumours are agents and supposed football pages along with clubs using rangers name to be interested in players.

I think the club know who they want and we as fans are jist going to have to wait till there announced

Was hinted several weeks ago that the player wants to move on and the Club won't be difficult to deal with.

I'll be heavily surprised if he is back for pre season if we get our money back and bit of profit Davies is gone imo.

Our defence needs at least two upgrades this summer we need quality and options.

We also need to get away from heavily relying on Goldson.

I don't think we're making any profit on Davies.

He's been fairly middling (if you're being kind) during his time at Ibrox and Sheffield United over the past couple of seasons. If a decent enough bid comes in from a Championship side, I think Beale would be happy to see him go, even if it means taking a hit on what we paid.

I feel any Ben Davies leaving chat is just wishful thinking on our part, don’t see it happening as things are.
I think there are those ITK who are aware that the club are looking to move him on and Davies happy to move. Won't happen if we don't get a bid obviously, but sounds like things are already lined up as he isn't the level we thought we were getting.

His goal record is very good although it's at a poor level.

I know SPFL is hardly la liga.
I thought about this one a while ago when I seen who was available on a free transfer then looked into him and watched a few videos. Scores goals, has a great all round game and was once tipped to be a super star and watched by big clubs often.

Jack shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 next season. Gets caught on the ball far too often, costing us crucial goals and points.P

We still need to sign another quality midfielder.

hopeful we are playing football that makes Lundstram redundant in games more often than not.

drag him out for games he thinks are important, we can park him most weeks at Ibrox, can be a redundant threat and ball stopper.

He's a defender who's flawed in every fundamental discipline of actually defending!

A square peg in a round hole in Scotland, never mind at Rangers. How that useless dwarf thought it a good Idea to hand over £4m to bring him north still defies belief .

He's a defender who's flawed in every fundamental discipline of actually defending!

A square peg in a round hole in Scotland, never mind at Rangers. How that useless dwarf thought it a good Idea to hand over £4m to bring him north still defies belief .

Except he isn't, your post completely nails the point the initial poster was making about perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back