Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cifuentes would/will go straight into the starting XI.
Hopefully. Need to remember that some players need time to settle. It's a hugely different league he plays in now.

This is a league where running your studs down a Rangers player's Achilles is just clever play to try and get a reaction. Also, zero protection for our players from the referees.

He is better suited to someone elses team.

Slow and laborious in passing. Shooting is ok, very little drive forward.

Few decent games and people seem to forget that in two seasons we have had 4 months where he hasnt been awful.

He went through a couple of bad spells but he’s a very good player, the best on earth remember.

I would be absolutely buzzing if we signed Jack Clarke. But again it’s throw enough shit a bit will stick.

That boy will be premier league next year earning way more than we could offer him.

If I were Jack Clarke I'd be thinking if we were truly in for him that i'd accept the offer of playing for a club who was in a european final not so long ago and will be in europe again rather than fighting it out at cannon fodder clubs which he can rightly do afterwards as he is still young.

If I were Jack Clarke I'd be thinking if we were truly in for him that i'd accept the offer of playing for a club who was in a european final not so long ago and will be in europe again rather than fighting it out at cannon fodder clubs which he can rightly do afterwards as he is still young.
people in our support downplay this and just automatically think about the money

Sometimes correct sometimes it’s not

There’s been plenty examples where players at us could have left for better league or more money and players we’ve signed too

I know we play in a wee hell hole backwater and can only offer so much but I think wage wise we do spend a bit

It’s upto the player as they all have different ambitions and comfort levels

I would be absolutely buzzing if we signed Jack Clarke. But again it’s throw enough shit a bit will stick.

That boy will be premier league next year earning way more than we could offer him.
Agree really nice player I spotted him a lot when watching some games re Stewart .

Never imagined he would be anything like realistic nd is on long term contract I think , from memory , a few years .

Seen fair few games of Clarke and always impressed me tbh(along with Diallo)
He’s very direct and likes to cut in on his right foot.
As stated by others we wouldn’t be able to afford him.

The Premier League, even if involved in a relegation battle, is a bigger draw for most players than playing in Europe for Rangers. You get to play against some of the best players in the world in numerous games, in stadiums that are iconic in some cases and amazing in others. All the exposure you could ever want, a strong challenge every game, and a mere 6 months to a year of good form away from getting a life-changing transfer to one of the bigger/richer clubs.

Add the fact that you're likely to make more money even at the lower clubs in that league than up here, and it's easy to see why so many make that choice.

He went through a couple of bad spells but he’s a very good player, the best on earth remember.
He is a very good player but he’s down tooled on a few occasions now when it hasn’t been going for him.

St Johnstone away under Gio springs to mind.

No reason why he can’t perform every week with the application he showed in the Europa run.

I think it's the opposite. He's had 1 short spell or 3-4 months where he looked very good, and the rest he's been pretty poor aside from the odd game.

We're in trouble if he's a regular next season, he's nowhere near good enough, needs about 3 touches to get the ball under control and extremely slow distributing it. Our momentum is often killed when the ball lands at his feet.

If we're talking about him playing further forward, technically he's not near the level of Cantwell, Tillman if he stays, Dowell, or even Hagi for that matter.

I'd hope with a year left, we cash in on him this summer.

Last edited:
He is a very good player but he’s down tooled on a few occasions now when it hasn’t been going for him.

St Johnstone away under Gio springs to mind.

No reason why he can’t perform every week with the application he showed in the Europa run.
If it is true and he played half the season with a cracked ribbed cage then fair enough, but that excuse only goes so far.

It might be cutting it fine timewise to sell him, but I'd give him pre-season to see if he improves, especially playing further forward which suits him more. If he does, I'm not entirely against giving him a year or two extension, if not then I'd happily sell him this summer and get a younger alternative in.

We should not be targeting any player who is bang average at any level.

As previous, cuck behaviour. Premiership simply not a market we should be shopping in. Just screams “Celtic make move for Premiership defensive stalwart, Shane Duffy” to me.

Alas, still an absolute moot point because there’s absolutely nothing behind this other than him buying his child a Rangers shirt.
But why did he buy his child a Rangers shirt (full strip actually)

Bit random surely?

I think it's the opposite. He's had 1 short spell or 3-4 months where he looked very good, and the rest he's been pretty poor aside from the odd game.

We're in trouble if he's a regular next season, he's nowhere near good enough, needs about 3 touches to get the ball under control and extremely slow distributing it. Our momentum is often killed when the ball lands at his feet.

If we're talking about him playing further forward, technically he's not near the level of Cantwell, Tillman if he stays, Dowell, or even Hagi for that matter.

I'd hope with a year left, we cash in on him this summer.

When we say further forward we don’t mean as the 10 where they all play, just not the defensive mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back