Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the 4 match package to watch when away on holiday. Caught the first game whilst at home and second at airport. Now in Greece and RTV ain’t letting me watch as I am in Greece! Says can’t show in this country!

Any ideas?

Yeah changed it down to 780p which seems to be doing the job. Shouldn't be the WiFi, I've often got multiple tvs running netflix etc at the same time with no issues. RTV is a whole other issue though as usual.
RangersTV, it seems, puts a far greater 'strain' (if that's the right word) on things than the likes of Netflix. If you've got the Mrs streaming Netflix and the kids on the XBox tell them to GTF and give you the juice to watch Rangers ha ha.

I bought the 4 match package to watch when away on holiday. Caught the first game whilst at home and second at airport. Now in Greece and RTV ain’t letting me watch as I am in Greece! Says can’t show in this country!

Any ideas?
Try logging out, clear cache/cookies and try again mate. And use hotel wifi (switch off mobile data if on phone).

Spinning wheel of death for watch live but fine for listen live. Every now and again it seems to do this.
Logging out then back in fixed it but now I have to go get a beer lol.

Rangers TV and our website is a fucking joke!

Bought the game at 7.15 and can't watch it. Simply not loading.

Embarrassing beyond belief how a club our size have such a poor website and TV service.

Rangers TV and our website is a fucking joke!

Bought the game at 7.15 and can't watch it. Simply not loading.

Embarrassing beyond belief how a club our size have such a poor website and TV service.
If its the spinning blue dots then refresh, Refresh and Refresh again. If still stuck, logout and try again.

And make sure you use the website and not the dreadful App.

RangersTV, it seems, puts a far greater 'strain' (if that's the right word) on things than the likes of Netflix. If you've got the Mrs streaming Netflix and the kids on the XBox tell them to GTF and give you the juice to watch Rangers ha ha.
360p and I'm still struggling. This is utterly useless.

If its the spinning blue dots then refresh, Refresh and Refresh again. If still stuck, logout and try again.

And make sure you use the website and not the dreadful App.
VB, am getting the spinning blue wheel, not connected, not even for 1 second. Hitting refresh about 100 times. Log in / out 3 times no joy. Using the website, don't have the app.

Still no joy any other ideas buddy

I’ve got Hisense TV’s with shitty VIDAA etc so a lot of apps not available

Additionally I’ve got a few android boxes but some of them are ‘light’ versions so don’t have the Chrome App etc

Adding insult to injury, the browsers I can access don’t show the Captcha that RTV asks for at log in

May be of help, but for those like me that have multiple Android boxes and RTV not working on some of them, I’ve found that the Opera browser works pretty well for access.

Email from RTV last week that may assist others as well:

‘Thanks for your email.

So we can rule out any potential browser issues, could you try using a different browser please?
We recommend any of the following - Firefox, Chrome, Edge

If you have more questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help!

Kind regards,’

Bought the pre season package as I knew I wouldn’t make the games.

Didn’t get to see Wednesday’s game live, so logged on to watch it on Thursday, it wasn’t available, maybe a bit soon, so fair enough.

Tried again yesterday, still not available & noticed none of the games were, even back to the Newcastle game on the 18th, 10 days ago - all showing “videos coming soon”.

Doesn’t normally take this long, perhaps the “VT editor” is on holiday for the Glasgow fair…

Anyway, in 2023 it’s utterly ridiculous.

I’ve got Hisense TV’s with shitty VIDAA etc so a lot of apps not available

Additionally I’ve got a few android boxes but some of them are ‘light’ versions so don’t have the Chrome App etc

Adding insult to injury, the browsers I can access don’t show the Captcha that RTV asks for at log in

May be of help, but for those like me that have multiple Android boxes and RTV not working on some of them, I’ve found that the Opera browser works pretty well for access.
See post #310 in this link. TVBro browser might be the solution for your browser issues, with the Captcha problem and the inability to scroll down to Play:

See post #310 in this link. TVBro browser might be the solution for your browser issues, with the Captcha problem and the inability to scroll down to Play:

Thanks mate - not sure that app is available on my VIDAA tv (Hisense's cheap version of android) or light android box. Will check later and let you know.

The folk who are having issues, how old is your laptop? I used to have bad lagging and buffering, although If I kept the mouse cursor over the settings cog it would seem to help for some reason but my newer laptop has been faultless.

“Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or ‘overseas’ via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.”

Hello VB…I was logged in when I bought it through the app this morning.:rolleyes:

Couldn’t have got it more wrong (usually have a fuzzy head on a Saturday morning though:D)

Should I just try to login 15 minutes beforehand as normal? Or am I resigned to using the device we’re not allowed to discuss?

“Do NOT Login before attempting to purchase the match. The purchase process will take you through Login. The first link below will take you to the purchase page. You need to be overseas or ‘overseas’ via a VPN to see the game offered for purchase.

NOTE: RangersTV purchases have to be made via the website NOT the App.”

Hello VB…I was logged in when I bought it through the app this morning.:rolleyes:

Couldn’t have got it more wrong (usually have a fuzzy head on a Saturday morning though:D)

Should I just try to login 15 minutes beforehand as normal? Or am I resigned to using the device we’re not allowed to discuss?
You didn’t buy it via the App mate. Can’t make purchases via the App.

To clarify what you’ve actually done, logout of the App. Login to RangersTV via the website. Click on the wee man icon and select RTV Account from the drop down. On the page that comes up it will show your recent purchases.

If todays game is listed then you’ve bought it and can watch either via the website or the App. Though I would never, ever, recommend using the App. It’s shite,

Whichever you choose, make sure you are only logged in once - whether that be on the website or the App.

You didn’t buy it via the App mate. Can’t make purchases via the App.

To clarify what you’ve actually done, logout of the App. Login to RangersTV via the website. Click on the wee man icon and select RTV Account from the drop down. On the page that comes up it will show your recent purchases.

If todays game is listed then you’ve bought it and can watch either via the website or the App. Though I would never, ever, recommend using the App. It’s shite,

Whichever you choose, make sure you are only logged in once - whether that be on the website or the App.
No problem mate…must’ve bought it through the Rangers App as it’s definitely been purchased (twice actually :))) I’ll make sure I’m only signed on the Xbox.

Thanks again.:)

No problem mate…must’ve bought it through the Rangers App as it’s definitely been purchased (twice actually :))) I’ll make sure I’m only signed on the Xbox.

Thanks again.:)
Ah, Rangers App - NOT RangersTV App. The Rangers App basically takes you to the website via the links on there. That’s how you were able to buy, you were effectively on the website.

Rangers don’t sell stuff direct via Apps because Apple/Google take a 20% slice of the income.

You on an Apple device? If so, it’s a long-standing problem. I emailed them about it just this week.
Via the app or web browser? It's working fine on the latter for me (M1 using HDMI).

mwMTUf4.jpg

Last edited:
You on an Apple device? If so, it’s a long-standing problem. I emailed them about it just this week.
I’ve heard about people having this issue for a while, but I had never seen it. Full screen always worked absolutely fine on my iPad using Safari. Until last weekend, hasn’t worked in any of the three games this week. Bizarre.

I’ve heard about people having this issue for a while, but I had never seen it. Full screen always worked absolutely fine on my iPad using Safari. Until last weekend, hasn’t worked in any of the three games this week. Bizarre.
I’m wondering if a recent(ish) update has caused it.

Just had a really unhelpful response from StreamAMG:

Thanks for your email.

We appreciate your feedback and have passed your messages across to the development team. We will take your comments on board as we continue to grow, develop and improve

If you have any other issues, let us know.

@BelfastBear007 if you were getting a rerun of the Olympiakos game pre-match then you are not on ‘real’ RangersTV. They weren’t showing that. Just the usual placeholder screen and then the studio build-up. I can only assume you were on a dodgy IPTV stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back