Official RANGERS APPOINT PHILIPPE CLEMENT AS MEN'S TEAM MANAGER

Really chuffed to get this sorted. Welcome Philippe!

Look forward to you breaking rank and wearing a pair of chinos and white trainers on the touch line B-D. I joke, we've actually written it into the contract that a suit is mandatory. Maybe that was the hold up!?

Good news it is over the line. Would have preferred Muscat, but still happy to get someone of Clement’s pedigree, so well done to the board. Onwards and upwards.

The thing is, we can expect no immediate or meaningful results out of the new manager, other than a sense of continual improvement. This is a massive renbuild required, and we're short of funds.

Winning the league cup, and getting to the Scottish cup final is the most we can expect this season, and that's a ''stretch'' with the team as it stands.

Good luck Phillipe. Excited to hear that he picks players to play in natural positions, there is no preference of formation , or philosophy of playing style , that supersedes winning the actual game.

He has a natural presence that compliments the character of a champion Rangers manager. Great communication, as his linguistic excellence reaffirms.

I like the fact that he will demand optimum application from the players, then defend them from external noise. Particularly the media , who relish rubbing salt into the wounds of the club. Considering exactly where we find ourselves, this appointment is a perfect fit going forward.

All the best Clement!

Wanted Muscat myself but was happy with either.

First game at home against Hibs will be a tough one. Blood and thunder from that lot.

Good insight into Clement here from his time at Monaco

You can get an English translation in the video via subtitles

Thanks for posting mate.
Clement is clearly an intelligent guy.
Very focused.
I think King dado did the translation though.
Anyone know who the English guy at the end is?

Good luck, Phillipe.

Time for many others at the club to stand up and be counted now, from the boardroom to the pitch.

Don’t fail another manager. This might well be the final roll of the dice to regain domestic dominance.

Philippe Clements, blue and white Army

images

• Haha
Reactions: ao2
I can't say I know much about how Clement likes to play, but I really like the fact that we've clearly put a bit more thought and diligence into this appointment (versus the last 2) and that we used Souness in the interview process.

The guy clearly knows how to win trophies, and if Souness approves then we should be very encouraged.

All the best Philippe, your challenge now is getting a tune out of some of the junk your predecessor employed.

Reactions: ao2
Welcome to the Greatest team in the world, He has a tough job ahead with the squad he has inherited, we do have some very good players in there and i hope he can get the best out of them all, they all will need to burst a gut to impress the new Boss so I hope to see a vast improvement, a good few could lose their place come January, I can't see Mr Clement agreeing to come if he wasn't promised some kind of Transfer kitty so he could stamp his mark on the team.Very Happy we have went for an experienced manager.....Let's Go....

Just been reading through the thread and various other posts on Twitter and have no idea whether this is a good appointment or not :)

Let’s hope he can turn the team round and everyone gets behind him.

Back