Official RANGERS APPOINT PHILIPPE CLEMENT AS MEN'S TEAM MANAGER

Couldn’t tell you when Monaco last done something of note. Ligue 1 nearly 8/9 years ago?

CL runners up 20 years ago.

Muck.
won Ligue 1 in 2017, PSG took Mbappe away from them in the summer after him and Falcao had won them the title

also the time when Mbappe hit the world scene when Monaco beat Man City in the CL in a cracking 2 leg match on away goals

I am thrilled by Clement and socked by this choice in a good way, it's like the board chose someone that looks competent !

Welcome to Glasgow Rangers Mr Phil and good luck, please take us forward to a glorious new future !

Mostly negative from Monaco fans saying good luck you will need it. Haven't seen any negative comments from Belgian supporters

"Monaco fans"

Neil Lennon's coded message to Celtic flops as Gordon Strachan points to  'calculated' rant - Daily Record

see how it goes, made the right choice out of him and Muscat, was odd for it to have really even been much debate

I really hope the talk of him having a presence and aura is accurate as its something neither of the last 2 managers had.

As a support we are drawn to a Walter/Gerrard type as some sort of authoritative/father type figure. If a manager doesn't have that the fans smell blood and as we've seen can turn very quickly towards someone they deem as weak.

Nothing wow about it. To suggest we still have a core of squad from the last three managers is now wrong after the summer.

We've 3 regular starters from that era now. That's it. Lundstram, Jack and Wright dont/wouldn't start regularly if everyone was fit.
You must be 18 and brought up in the past 20 years

Because the Rangers Im brought up on, and the 100 years of history before me, is built on being the number 1 Club in this country. First and seconf doesn’t matter.

Too many wee young hipsters happy to say “I’ll take second the next 2 years as long as it means good football”. See this pish, you can all %^*& off. Rangers should be winning everything. Standards should never drop. Ever.

Clement has a statesman-like quality to him. He seems like a guy that is both gentle and aggressive in equal measure. I feel a strange confidence in him that I haven't felt since Gerrard's peak and before that? Walter.

It could all blow up on us, but I have a gut feeling he's going to be a massive success.

really looking forward to seeing how we’re going to shape up with the new manager here.

Despite the squad we’ve got being pretty poor so far this season, I really hope he can at a tune out of them and at the least pick up a cup trophy.

I have zero expectations on us winning the league and I’ll be willing to give this guy my support as I think we’re looking at a real re-build which could take best part of 2 seasons.

Back