Official RANGERS APPOINT PHILIPPE CLEMENT AS MEN'S TEAM MANAGER

Can we just fuckin give the guy a chance and support him?

ecossebear above sums it up for me. How the %^*& is there such negativity? I’m 72, seen it all supporting The Rangers but sometimes this forum makes me wonder if it‘s populated with doomsayers who want us to fail so they can say they were right. Does my nut in.

I'm looking forward to his man management. He strikes me as someone who won't stand for laziness and complacency. He will demand things are done his way and won't be afraid to make changes.

Apparently part of his contract negotiations were based around him getting long term assurances on everything from transfer budget to controlling players eating habits.

The guy is a proven winner. I can't wait to see what he does here.
Probably the biggest appointment in our history. I'm both excited and apprehensive.

"His style of play is predominantly a possession-based game but he likes his sides to play a high line and looks to get in behind and draw the opposition out to create that space in behind"

So, Monaco can vary their attacks and final third entries quite a lot but some patterns are clear — they like to use width a lot, they cross a lot, off-the-ball movement to manipulate the opposition is paramount, and they create lots of 2v1s out wide versus the opposition’s full-back and they’re comfortable both crossing early, from a wider and deeper position and later, from a more advanced and central position, though different players are typically responsible for those different types of crosses.

Defending high
Monaco ended the 2021/22 campaign with the third-lowest PPDA in France’s top-flight (9.84), along with having engaged in the third-most defensive duels (68.46 per 90). This is indicative of their aggressive and proactive defensive style, designed to win the ball back high and close to the opposition’s goal when possible. In doing so, they can create excellent opportunities to hit the opposition quickly while in transition — always a highly-valuable goalscoring opportunity.

Conclusion
To conclude this tactical analysis piece, Monaco’s middle line of midfielders and full-backs were crucial for their incredible run of form to end the season, with the full-backs, in particular, coming in clutch in an underrated, crucial role in pretty much every phase of play.

See that sounds to me like a continuation of what we’ve been doing since Gerrard.

I’m behind the guy and really hope he’s a success, and if it is a continuation, I hope we get the right players in to make it work, because the ones that are there just now aren’t able to do the above.

Happy with the appointment and happy that we seem to have had an actual process when going out and hiring him.

Good luck to him. Needs the structure to be put in place around him and while I think a lot of the senior players need moved on, we have enough good players in there to hopefully get things turned around to an extent. Good chance to win a cup within a couple of months of being in the role. Has to go and take it.

Said in his interview he’s a football animal and everything is about winning.

If you have 11 men on the park with this attitude, you win things. A great chance with the league cup shortly if we keep the head.

First piece of silverware in the Clement era hopefully and we drive on.

As a wise man once said, or maybe it was Leonidas, anyway:

Give to them, nothing.
Take from them, everything.

I'm looking forward to his man management. He strikes me as someone who won't stand for laziness and complacency. He will demand things are done his way and won't be afraid to make changes.

Apparently part of his contract negotiations were based around him getting long term assurances on everything from transfer budget to controlling players eating habits.

The guy is a proven winner. I can't wait to see what he does here.
He does have an air of authority that we have lacked since Gerrard IMO, and that’s what’s required to get a tune out of this group of players.

He hints that implementing his style may take some time, so I’m hoping the support can get on board and give him that time.

A very exciting appointment!

It's been reported two Saudi clubs. He was even quoted as saying something along the lines of 'it will be a football and whats best for my family decision'. This was before we were in for him.
Thanks, good to hear that he had options and saw us as the best one. Good luck to him, for all our sanity we really need this to work out.

I wouldn’t go that far but let’s get behind the guy and start a fresh and let’s hope for the start of something special.
Mate if we're all in on the guy and he fails they will likely take over our title haul. Think about that for minute. It may be an uncomfortable truth but it is true.

This appointment is the biggest we've made ever imo and I've a feeling the league isn't as done as folk are saying. 7 points in October and they're clearly not as good as they used to be.

If you have 11 men on the park with this attitude, you win things. A great chance with the league cup shortly if we keep the head.

Give to them, nothing.
Take from them, everything
300?

The best appointment but poor recruitment might be bad for him. Hopefully we see Advocaat Ferguson/Bailey Rice Clement. He has nothing to lose…
Well we’ll find out soon enough on whether the players we have are shite, or just playing shite, a world of difference between the two, and if it’s the latter (fingers crossed) then we can save ourselves a fortune

Well we’ll find out soon enough on whether the players we have are shite, or just playing shite, a world of difference between the two, and if it’s the latter (fingers crossed) then we can save ourselves a fortune
I’m happy with the appointment but the recruitment remains dreadful. If he gets a tune out of them he’s a genius.

If he plays the youth players that will tell us all we need to know. If Lammers and Dessers start performing, all the better.

Give to them, nothing.
Take from them, everything.
Sums it up for me C.

And you‘re bang on with the quote. Bastards have been doing it to us for the last 11 years, bar a couple of magnificent interruptions.

Time for the fightback.

Back