Official RANGERS APPOINT PHILIPPE CLEMENT AS MEN'S TEAM MANAGER

Nonsense, do you need to follow on instagram to be a fan now? Would you follow your employer once they bagged you?
Did Gio stop following us? Did Gerrard?

You obviously don't have to follow us to be a fan, but to actively unfollow is not a good look, is it?

It's pathetic.

Edit: It's all I'll say on the matter. I'm just glad we now have a proper manager in place.

Did Gio stop following us? Did Gerrard?

You obviously don't have to follow us to be a fan, but to actively unfollow is not a good look, is it?

It's pathetic.

Edit: It's all I'll say on the matter. I'm just glad we now have a proper manager in place.
Fuk knows. I’ve never looked.

Interesting that Souness was involved in the recruitment

Goes against alot that people said on here about his thoughts on Bisgrove
Was under the impresion Bisgrove was told to work with him, glad he was otherwise we would be looking at lampard to sell jerseys.

Anyway best of British to tbe new man

I posted this in another thread about him and it got lost in all the excitement of him announcing it so I’ll ask again on its own thread, if it’s something that’s been done to death and I’ve missed it, feel free to chop…

I’m not gonna pretend I know much about him, I’ve read a few things since his name got mentioned but not a great deal overall.

What kind of style does he play? I read he’s a quite attacking manager but we also read that about gio!

Does he give youth a chance?

Does he have an identity etc etc etc

"His style of play is predominantly a possession-based game but he likes his sides to play a high line and looks to get in behind and draw the opposition out to create that space in behind"

So, Monaco can vary their attacks and final third entries quite a lot but some patterns are clear — they like to use width a lot, they cross a lot, off-the-ball movement to manipulate the opposition is paramount, and they create lots of 2v1s out wide versus the opposition’s full-back and they’re comfortable both crossing early, from a wider and deeper position and later, from a more advanced and central position, though different players are typically responsible for those different types of crosses.

Defending high
Monaco ended the 2021/22 campaign with the third-lowest PPDA in France’s top-flight (9.84), along with having engaged in the third-most defensive duels (68.46 per 90). This is indicative of their aggressive and proactive defensive style, designed to win the ball back high and close to the opposition’s goal when possible. In doing so, they can create excellent opportunities to hit the opposition quickly while in transition — always a highly-valuable goalscoring opportunity.

Conclusion
To conclude this tactical analysis piece, Monaco’s middle line of midfielders and full-backs were crucial for their incredible run of form to end the season, with the full-backs, in particular, coming in clutch in an underrated, crucial role in pretty much every phase of play.

I'm looking forward to his man management. He strikes me as someone who won't stand for laziness and complacency. He will demand things are done his way and won't be afraid to make changes.

Apparently part of his contract negotiations were based around him getting long term assurances on everything from transfer budget to controlling players eating habits.

The guy is a proven winner. I can't wait to see what he does here.

He’s obviously looking at it in terms of it being 9 points available for us to win, and in turn 9 for them to lose.

Bit of an unusual way to see it. Not like they lose 3 points if they get beat.

It's basically the term "6 pointer" x 3 I suppose.

I just hope the board got this one right

He is going to need time to sort out the mess we are in, and we simply cant afford for that patience to go unrewarded.

Welcome to Rangers Philippe, and bon chance!

Bit of an unusual way to see it. Not like they lose 3 points if they get beat.

It's basically the term "6 pointer" x 3 I suppose.
Not really mate. I mean it’s 9 available points they wouldn’t get so in a sense it is points they’d lose.

It’s a moot point anyway because it’s never happening. I’m optimistic and very pleased with our choice of manager but he’d need to be an absolute miracle worker to get these players winning.

I checked earlier after someone said he’d unfollowed and he wasnt

I see he’s following again, must have a log in on here

Don’t claim to know too much about him but, on paper, I thought he looked the best candidate out of the ones we were considering.

I have my doubts about what the squad he’s inheriting is actually capable of. He’s got some job on his hands.

Once a Ranger, always a Ranger?

It's petty and shows the character of the man.
He was such a big Rangers man as well apparently, no he was in it for his own ego and they shone through time and again. Very petty of him.

As a support we couldn’t have asked the Board anything more. They have listened that a top class manager was needed. The Board has delivered. For me, it was either going to be Jansen or Clement as my main set of choices, so I am pleased with the announcement. Now it is a question if he can deliver and meet expectations. The best of luck to him.

Hes got his work cut out because we have a core squad of players who have failed under 3 managers previously.

Best of British to him because he, aswell as us, need it.

Reactions: VGM
Hes got his work cut out because we have a core squad of players who have failed under 3 managers previously.

Best of British to him because he, aswell as us, need it.

Not really mate.

Tavernier, Goldson and Borna are the only ones who play every week who have been here for that length of time now. Obviously Jack and Wright etc are here too but they rarely play when everyone's fit.

And it's difficult to argue they failed under the last 3 managers in any case. Gerrards time was a success and Gios was kinda passable with a Europa Final, Scottish Cup and return to the CL (financially).

Not really mate.

Tavernier, Goldson and Borna are the only ones who play every week who have been here for that length of time now. Obviously Jack and Wright etc are here too but they rarely play when everyone's fit.

And it's difficult to argue they failed under the last 3 managers in any case. Gerrards time was a success and Gios was kinda passable with a Europa Final, Scottish Cup and return to the CL (financially).
Wow

To the tune of "Oranges and Lemons"

"I've inherited some lemons"
Says big Philippe Clement
"I'll be under pressure,
If I keep playing Dessers"

"Lammers is alright
But his goal return's pure shite
Sima's not too shabby,
And I quite like wee Rabbi"

(Feel free to add your own verse(s))

The songs on The Bear Pit,
Make him wish he could end it.
But the thought of Roofe scoring,
Gives him strength to keep going.

He really needs new defenders,
The current lot are just pretenders.
Butland is a pair of safe hands,
Something something something Bobby Sands.

I know words are easy to say on the spur of the moment- I’m truly hopeful it works out for the Manager and us of course.
I like the cut of his jib - I don’t think you will be a passenger in his sides.
As ever I’m stuck on Rangers since a long time , saw them come and saw go.
I‘m behind you (sp) every step of the way boss.

Hopefully he brings bibs to training as i dont want our wee lambs to get mixed up......... oh wait !
christian-bale-confused.gif

I'm looking forward to his man management. He strikes me as someone who won't stand for laziness and complacency. He will demand things are done his way and won't be afraid to make changes.

Apparently part of his contract negotiations were based around him getting long term assurances on everything from transfer budget to controlling players eating habits.

The guy is a proven winner. I can't wait to see what he does here.
Yeah definitely a positive. Heist have been given some assurances there is money to spend ot he would have passed.

Arguably he’s the most successful manager we have signed since Advocaat. That alone should be enough to give us confidence he is the right man. He’s not a project and he hasn’t been rushed. I also think he will have learned a lot from his experience at Monaco. The chance to win a cup in his first few weeks is also a great situation to be in as we should be winning it, and that starts him on a successful note straight away!

Back