Let's give the players a blank slate.

I’d imagine the manager will want to give them all a chance to prove themselves, & we could be surprised as he may be able to get some of the poorer players performing.

But also, some of the serial under performers need to be moved on, problem is some of them will probably not have much interest.

If PC thinks a player has a part to play then I’m happy to trust his judgement.

The truth is he’s stuck with the majority of this squad until probably next summer at least. He’s been dealt a dreadful hand by his predecessor.

The sooner this core group of serial failures/losers are sold and moved on the better.

Tavernier, Barisic, Goldson, Davies, Lundstram, Jack, Roofe need to go over the next two windows.

I suspect a few of our more recent signings will also have to go as I don't believe they are good enough going forward.

The sooner this core group of serial failures/losers are sold and moved on the better.

Tavernier, Barisic, Goldson, Davies, Lundstram, Jack, Roofe need to go over the next two windows.

I suspect a few of our more recent signings will also have to go as I don't believe they are good enough going forward.

Who is good enough?
People say stuff like this then expect the new manager to turn it around.

No thanks. 75% of this squad (at least) need binned off and replaced as a priority in the next two windows. That should be Clement’s priority.

The start to this season is on Beale for me, the players have the blank slate as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get behind them all and let the new gaffer see what he gets out of them.
your joking guys like barasic.. tav .. lundstrum..goldson... davies ... no chance

I love how we count the "blank slates" against them but give them zero credit for those who were involved in 55 or the Europa League final
Would you say the same if we ended up in this position yet again? It's a romantic thought but we're well past the stage of being able to f*ck around in the hope something changes.

Who is good enough?
People say stuff like this then expect the new manager to turn it around.
We have good players within the squad like Butland, Cantwell, Raskin but we need major changes if we are to be successful again.

I know Clement has to trust and go with many of our current crop till January but I'm fed up watching the same core group constantly making the same mistakes and downing tools when they feel like it.

Ideally for me we bring in between 3/4 quality players in January with a proper rebuild starting next summer but the usual suspects have to go sooner rather than later.

The happy clappers have started already Clement has to be ruthless no ifs buts or maybes get rid of the serial losers
He does but there’s also 0 benefit to starting off his reign with negativity. I’m sure a top priority of his will be getting rid of the players who aren’t good enough but he has to work with what he’s got for now and we have to support the team.

About the only thing that some of these players have in their favour is the fact that our scouting has been so hopeless that we’d probably sign players even worse to replace them.

He needs time to get the intensity levels at training increased significantly this week which will test the fitness of this group too. Then it needs translated onto the pitch.

We have good players within the squad like Butland, Cantwell, Raskin but we need major changes if we are to be successful again.

I know Clement has to trust and go with many of our current crop till January but I'm fed up watching the same core group constantly making the same mistakes and downing tools when they feel like it.

Ideally for me we bring in between 3/4 quality players in January with a proper rebuild starting next summer but the usual suspects have to go sooner rather than later.

Raskin has been arguably worse than Lundstrum this season.

The players that people want binned and it's a game of opinions....remain our best players.

And you've made your own self defeating equation-we replace the guys whom are considered to be on the time up list and we replace them and you've used up at least three of your quality new guys.

See the problem?
Because you are talking more like 7 or 8 players and you have these new guys from the last transfer window-and Ridvan, Davies etc on long contracts.

People are not thinking this out and will be wanting another bonfire the first time our new guy draws or loses a match he shouldn't .

Could retile my roof with the amount of fresh slates half of the squad have had.

I'd rather every position was made up for grabs again without exception and including the captaincy, allow youth or fringe players to maybe step up and anyone that isn't up to it can go find another club in January.

Nah, sorry. I'm open minded enough to think one or two could still turn it around, but there are too many passengers who have been hiding for too long. They pick up their wages and don't give a damn about the club or the fans.

Let’s not give them a clean slate. The Manager can if he wishes and that’s understandable but too many players have let us down too many times for me.

Many of these players have played a significant part in getting managers sacked. If they get a clean slate each time a new manager comes in then they will quite happily keep falling short in the knowledge that they get away with it each time.

Nope, serial failures, let us down time and time again, those gallowgate parties and bus celebrations are on mostly on these players.

Back