Let's give the players a blank slate.

There are players that have been here too long and we need to freshen things up for the good of the team. Thanks for 55 and the EL run but it's not enough. Do we really expect the regulars to suddenly turn into treble winners?

I’ll put my trust in that the manager won’t persist with guys he doesn’t think are up to it.

He will be watching everyone in training and if he thinks someone deserves to be involved in a game then happy enough with that.

We really need him to spark some life in some of the players, because at the moment other than Butland we couldn’t give any of them away.

There are players that have been here too long and we need to freshen things up for the good of the team. Thanks for 55 and the EL run but it's not enough. Do we really expect the regulars to suddenly turn into treble winners?
James Tavernier will never be a treble winning captain.

The new guys deserve a blank slate. The old guard who have overseen failure season after season should get no such luxury. Step up, or piss off in January.

Most of them have had more than enough clean slates.
So not for me!
unfortunately we are stuck with them until January, after that I want rid of as many as we can get out the door.

No chance. Clean slate/new slate for manager - that’s it.

Nothing changes with regards to players as far as I’m concerned and I won’t change it based on any initial good results under new manager either - most of our squad are not to be trusted and we are not anywhere near good enough at the moment.

I hope new gaffer does not let up on them and is ruthless in getting rid of as many of them as possible.

Nope we need a plan b and some players are past their sell by date.We have fallen into the John Greig manager scenario by staying loyal to players too long.

It will take time to move players on he will try to get something out of the ones we have then gradually move out the bad ones that makes sense and that’s what what we should give him time to do

These players need the earn a clean slate.. But, I back the new boss to get the best out of this lot.

He can’t do anything until January, so he will need to hope he can get a tune out of the majority of them.

Then in the new year he can start making changes.

The usual suspects have seen off another manager. Clement is in for a shock. A number of those players are done. Unfortunately the window is closed but he can make changes.

Just wait until he watches the likes of Barišić, Tavernier and Goldson shipping the goals they do all the time. I hope he doesn’t hang about dropping them.

Tav and Goldson have more clean slates than a new roof….but i will stick with them for as long as the new gaffer sticks with them ;)

Our new manager isn’t going to throw players out the door on the say so of bisgrove etc.

He will give them all a blank slate. That not only includes the players who have underperformed but also the few who have performed ok. It would be stupid to do or think he would do otherwise.
If he has done his homework he will know a lot of these players can turn it on when there’s no pressure and won’t be lured into thinking they are long term players for us.

If he hasn’t and the same guys are part of the plan next year then at least we’ll get to see how Muscat gets on in 12 months.

Im not saying everyone needs to go but there are a few that need to be nowhere near our starting 11/15 next season.

Why the f##k should we give the wasters a blank slate, they are supposed to be representing us the fans 1st and foremost not just a manager they don't fancy, that's what really pisses me off about players they really don't give a flying f##k about us we are secondary according to most of them, an upturn in form just confirms that to me.

If PC thinks a player has a part to play then I’m happy to trust his judgement.

The truth is he’s stuck with the majority of this squad until probably next summer at least. He’s been dealt a dreadful hand by his predecessor.
Still a little post traumatic stress lingering from those initials. Will take a little getting used to!

The start to this season is on Beale for me, the players have the blank slate as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get behind them all and let the new gaffer see what he gets out of them.
Absolutely not a chance in any shape or form. Most of them are damaged beyond repair. They’ll revert to type first sign of bother as they’ve done over and over and over again.

Some of these Rangers players have more lives than a cat.

Not sure about that , some of those players in that squad have put in performances that have got more than one rangers manager the sack . I just hope our manager doesn’t take any prisoners with these players . If they don’t put in the shift he expects tell them they are out .

I’m behind the players and the new manager but they are certainly not getting a blank slate.

They need to show passion and desire to win. If they don’t show that with a new manager, they need to leave the club and quickly. The core of this squad needs to stop feeling sorry for themselves when the chips are down. It’s time to pay the fans back for witnessing heartless character week in week out. It’s their time to step up and be counted!

The start to this season is on Beale for me, the players have the blank slate as far as I'm concerned.

It’s such a nice sentiment but also total madness. If the manager doesn’t know the players abilities he shouldn’t be in the running for the job. Of course everyone can train and try to impress but the notion of an experienced European manager walking in without preconception gladly is nonsense.

Lets not

I hope the manager has been catching up on our games and is in a position to come in and make instant changes

These players have let us down so many times

Who is good enough?
People say stuff like this then expect the new manager to turn it around.
Yep, forgetting that the poster also clearly expects departures for Dessers, Lammers, maybe Sterling and right there you have at least a £20m spend needed with very little money back in. But we will still expect to beat the filth, win the league, QF of the Europa and a few cups.

Best of luck Philipe.

He can give a clean slate to the likes of Tavernier and Goldson if he wishes. It will cost him his job eventually though.
I think this is the big problem for any manager coming in.. he needs to sort out this dressing room and be quite visible in addressing the defence.
If he doesn’t then we are as likely to be repeating this carry on 12mths from now.

Let's give the same players who've repeatedly failed a clean slate.

God give me strength, op has accepted we're 2nd best permanently now.
Don't be ridiculous. The new man comes in and does not have a transfer window for a couple of months, do you think he'll have a better chance to succeed if we get behind his squad of players as they are now or if we boo them off the park at half time?

I'll never accept being second best, and how you got that from my post is an absolute mystery to me.

I’ve got the serious fear about the next few months, the task is scarily similar to the last two seasons.
New manager has to turn around the fortunes of a failing squad - 3rd rebirth for many who peaked at 55
Key players out through injury
3 months before any new signings can be made
January isn’t the best time for signings, and we manage to get a couple in

To break the cycle PC needs to beat the tims

I hope PC has the balls to play some of the youngsters after he’s steadied the ship. Give Devine a chance, Rice and the young defender with the sideshow Bob hair do.

I’d be bringing back Hagi and Lowry in January too.

Being an ex-defender, I hope that he’s seen that we need better than Tavernier and Barisic as our full backs, if not, we will continue to lose cheap goals in the way that only we can.

He’s also been left with a pile of shite with Beale’s laughable signings. He has one tough job ahead of him.

Those players need to come out of the traps next Saturday and play as if their lives depended on it.

For all the cynical responses, it’s imperative we do this.

Let’s be clear - everyone is heralding the arrival of Clement whilst continuing to sneer at Dessers/ Lammers etc.

You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Millions spent on them - he gets a tune out of them or he falls on his sword.

It’s as simple as that.

Good managers improve players - that’s his remit. He’s not going to toss them out and break the bank on replacements.

Tav has helped get 6-7 rangers managers the sack.
Jack almost as many and Goldson not far behind.

How many clean slates do they need because no matter how many times it happens, these serial runners up find it extremely difficult to win anything.
Just a random numbers not based on reality to have a go at Tav.

Tbh No.

This season is a write off in all honesty.

I'd be happy to see the majority shifted over the next two windows.

No more clean slates for them. I'm personally done with the majority.

They’ve got 2 managers the sack they’ll get this manager the sack as well.

Serial losers need to be removed.

Let’s not. Some of them have been regularly letting the club down for half a decade.

The only one who has a blank slate is Clement

He's been watching our games. He's no fool. He'll know there's a lot of dogshit to get rid of

Until Tav miss places a pass or Dessers is offside for the 5th time in 5 moves…them it will be back to Gio/Beale days

It’s pretty clear from this thread alone that Mr Clement won’t be afforded the time to turn this squad around.

At the very least you’ve got to think he’ll need a couple of windows.

Back