Let's give the players a blank slate.

Part of the reason that Beale got his jotters, was for placing too much faith in players, who persistently let him down.

I expect (and greatly hope) that Clement will watch our recent exploits and do things very differently.

Let's hope the board have agreed to give him a reasonable transfer kitty in January, and he already knows how & where he's going to spend it.

I think he'll get a tune out of a lot of them.

There's no way that the entire squad just became bad players overnight.

The start to this season is on Beale for me, the players have the blank slate as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get behind them all and let the new gaffer see what he gets out of them.

Tav has helped get 6-7 rangers managers the sack.
Jack almost as many and Goldson not far behind.

How many clean slates do they need because no matter how many times it happens, these serial runners up find it extremely difficult to win anything.

I'll let Clement be the judge of who deserves a blank slate. But if I was the board, I wouldn't have been appointing a manager whose instinct was to ignore the ways many of these players have fallen short individually and as a unit in their time here, even allowing for their successes. He doesn't need time to find out how sloppy we're capable of being at the back, for example.

I think they always have that week to week anyway.

Tav, Lundstram, Barisic or Goldson play a blinder and fans aren’t slow to sing their praises; have a bad game and they’ll be tearing strips off you - that’s just the nature of the thing.

It won’t change with a new manager, but hopefully he gets them having more good games than bad.

If we’re not giving this squad a chance then who is the new manager going to play on Saturday. The man needs time to assess the squad and make his own decisions. We cannot judge him on this season with the mess he has been left with. We need to be patient and give him at least this season and next to build a team and restructure the football department with a DOF.

The start to this season is on Beale for me, the players have the blank slate as far as I'm concerned.

The new or newer players get a clean slate. The ones that have failed us over multiple managers need to go. All of them.

We will get behind them but when if they were to salvage something from this season the old guard (as well as some of the new duds) have to go regardless.

Anyone who thinks the new manager comes in and gets rid of 10-12 players immediately is mental.
Any new manager in any walk of life comes in and makes an assessment of the staff he has and makes his own judgement.
You can’t expect an overnight clear out.
Fans are fans. If we win a few in a row and the likes of Dessers and Lammers score a few then the past few weeks will be forgotten
The old guard might be a different issue but winning changes everything

So basically what you are saying is give them more time guys like dessers,No manager in the world can make dessers a good player,he's just not got it he's truly awful,he actually makes me angry at hiw bad he is and the money spent.

Clement’s job for the rest of this season is to win the League Cup and Scottish Cup and get us into the knockout phase of the EL. And then start next season with a mostly new squad.

The league is gone sadly.

At the beginning of next season I don’t want to see the likes of Tav, Goldson, Lundstram or Jack on our books anymore.

Anyone who thinks the new manager comes in and gets rid of 10-12 players immediately is mental.
Any new manager in any walk of life comes in and makes an assessment of the staff he has and makes his own judgement.
You can’t expect an overnight clear out.
Fans are fans. If we win a few in a row and the likes of Dessers and Lammers score a few then the past few weeks will be forgotten
The old guard might be a different issue but winning changes everything
Dessers and lammers are not going on some goalscoring run,as others have said just look at there goalscoring record it's abysmal

Sadly, for me, a good few of them have no more credits left in the pot.

Clement will have to keep them onside until the next window before trying to jettison the worst offenders, and even then I doubt there will be as many coming and going as most of us would wish.

The summer window will be very interesting.

Hopefully, a top-level DoF will be in place, but even then shifting on the serial losers we have could be problematic due to the wages they are on and contract lengths.

If Clement really will go in with a fresh clean slate for all the squad then he will quickly see where the problems are in the team and if he is serious about real change then it should be the end of the likes of Barasic, Lundstrum, Davies getting regular starts and Tav and Goldson being told they are best looking for a new club.

I'm willing to give the new signings a chance with Clement. Will be interesting to see how he sets us up in an attacking sense. Hopefully he won't be afraid to bring in a few of the young players.

Have to say I think a lot of players are better than what they've shown so far.

Under Beale we were a completely disorganised mess but a new manager with a proper structure can get more out of these players the same way Clarke has taken a limited Scotland team on to punching above its weight.

Hopefully in January though we see an improvement in defence with at least two new players brought in. The 2018 defence needs replacing immediately in January.

jose-mourinho-i-prefer-not-to-speak.gif

I'll let Clement be the judge of who deserves a blank slate. But if I was the board, I wouldn't have been appointing a manager whose instinct was to ignore the ways many of these players have fallen short individually and as a unit in their time here, even allowing for their successes. He doesn't need time to find out how sloppy we're capable of being at the back, for example.
You've not got much choice seeing as it will be up to him to decide however Tav, Goldson, Barisic etc all need to move on.

If we’re giving a clean slate to serial losers, who have seen multiple gaffers sacked, we may as well just sack Clement the now cause we will be there in 12 months time anyway.

Would you say the same if we ended up in this position yet again? It's a romantic thought but we're well past the stage of being able to f*ck around in the hope something changes.
I acknowledge that Gerrard took 3 years to build what he did. And that if you are baking a cake, you don't chuck out your mixture after it's only been in the cooker for 5 minutes because it looks nothing like the finished article.

It takes a lot of stirring to make a custard but only a couple of idiots to pour it away early.

Yeah it’s a clean slate for them.

- To prove to that new manager that they deserve to be on that team sheet and not just collecting a wage.

Not for me. The summer signings get a blank slate as they haven’t had a proper chance. Too many of these players are now on their third or fourth clean start and that for me says it all! A core group of ‘the old guard’ need dismantled and phased out or we’re going to be looking for another manager in 10 months.

Totally agree for the new guys getting a blank slate - they have came into a faltering team right from the start and clearly a tactical rainman has probably confused them while not getting the best out of them, and undoubtedly denting their confidence as a result.

Some of the longer term guys we pretty much know what we will get now and im a bit more sceptical, but I guess you never know! Time will tell.

Won’t judge any of the new signings until they’ve had this season under a new manager. There’s players who have been here a while who I’m going to struggle to be unbiased towards. Feel it’s the end of a line for a lot of the senior/seasoned players in our squad.

I’d imagine they will have a fresh slate with Clement, as he will have to get to know the players first.

Time will tell of course, but Clement seems the type who will take the tough decisions necessary to make us a success. Don’t think he’ll mess about too long if players aren’t pulling their weight, or don’t fit into his system.

It will be interesting to see how the players now respond with Clement in charge.

Blank slate my hole, play the players that want to be here and deserve to be played. Drop Tav, Goldson, Barasic, Jack, Lundstram.

First sentence no chance.
Second sentence yes let’s go.

I think he'll get a tune out of a lot of them.

There's no way that the entire squad just became bad players overnight.
It didn’t. The squad was good a few years ago. The best players then are either now past it or in most cases moved on. The replacements in every position have been worse. Davies worse than Helander, Dessers worse than Alfie, Yilmaz worse than Bassey, Cifuentes worse than Aribo for example. There is nothing I have seen that says Lammers, Dessers etc are good players that any manager can get the best out of.

Let’s give the manager the time he realistically needs to get us back where we belong. I think we underestimate how much Wilson and Beale have set us back. Under Beale we were probably not finishing 2nd far less challenging.

Raskin has been arguably worse than Lundstrum this season.

The players that people want binned and it's a game of opinions....remain our best players.

And you've made your own self defeating equation-we replace the guys whom are considered to be on the time up list and we replace them and you've used up at least three of your quality new guys.

See the problem?
Because you are talking more like 7 or 8 players and you have these new guys from the last transfer window-and Ridvan, Davies etc on long contracts.

People are not thinking this out and will be wanting another bonfire the first time our new guy draws or loses a match he shouldn't .
Too sensible for this forum mate.

100% agreed - short term I want to see good effort and application while The new manager settles in and hoping we still have some good ones in there once we see them working under a decent manager!

Genuinely the worst thing our new manager could do.

If you haven’t worked it out over the last 4-5 years, most of these players are weak and not up to winning the league with a competent Celtic team.
Our new manager isn’t going to throw players out the door on the say so of bisgrove etc.

He will give them all a blank slate. That not only includes the players who have underperformed but also the few who have performed ok. It would be stupid to do or think he would do otherwise.

Back