Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

Crying about “score board pressure” after we’ve potentially turned around an 8 point points swing is the most shitebag of shitebag comments I’ve heard for a while on here.

If you fear going to Celtic park at the weekend stop watching rangers.
We've now got 3 games to catch up on

If we don't get the result we want at the piggery, being 8 points behind is a big disadvantage, even with games in hand. As well as we've done since Clement has come in, there's still plenty of this squad who've shown before they can't handle being the chasing team. Plus, although we don't restart Europe again until late February, we're still going to have a heavy schedule whilst the other mob will be mostly weekends only.

The postponement is a pain in the arse and an avoidable one.

I think people are over exaggerating how much a few days extra rest helps. Pretty certain come Saturday with 60,000 fans behind them, they’ll not care they played a few days ago and neither would we if roles were reversed.

They’ll be more driven by being able to restore an 8 point lead than they will be bothered about having played a few days earlier.
You need to let it go Tyrion.

I think people are over exaggerating how much a few days extra rest helps. Pretty certain come Saturday with 60,000 fans behind them, they’ll not care they played a few days ago and neither would we if roles were reversed.

They’ll be more driven by being able to restore an 8 point lead than they will be bothered about having played a few days earlier.

We have no fit midfielders and one fit striker. What happens if Dessers or Sterling got injured tonight? If Goldson got a yellow so is suspended for parkhead. We are literally down to our bare bones squad wise so a few extra days rest and training is a positive. Points on the board is always good but this isn't the disaster you are making it out to be (under the old manager it would have been but not under PC, he won't let it be a problem)

I do feel for the fans that have travelled from afar. I fly up from Heathrow for games and i've been stung a couple of times with wasted flights

When will the re arranged game be? Are we allowed to use the midweeks between St Johny even though it's CL week?
The last 32 of the Europa League gets played Thursday 15 and 22 February. So either of those midweeks seems to make sense.

Negatives and positives in this scenario. Personally I think the positives slightly outweigh any negatives. Hopefully some injured players back and a couple of new additions to the squad in the transfer window.
Hat-trick for Shankland in the re-arranged fixture. :cool:

I thought a lot of players looked shattered come the end of the game on Sunday.

We've been relying heavily on guys like Sima, McCausland, Tavernier, Dessers a lot recently. A wee rest and they can start the preparation for Saturday today.

Due to their lack of game time over the season so far, I'd have been concerned with Dowell and Sterling having to put in another 90 minutes tonight as well.
Correct.
If we get beat though the crackpots will be on here saying we weren't match fit.

The game should be forfeited and 3 points awarded in our favour. If County cannot fulfil basic obligations to SPFL rules, that is not Rangers problem.
So when the bad weather and accidents nearly caused the Dundee game to be off would Rangers have been told that's its 3 nil to Dundee.

We have not even reached the usual severe January/February weather and glut of games postponed.
The big fear has got to be that our games will pile up. With the addition of Europe it gets even worse. This could hamper out title chances. Was important to get points in the bag.
Did country not know the forecast? Could they not have travelled yesterday?
Tin pot.

I think most people are annoyed that we could have went top at the weekend and that chance has been took away now. Also, we'll beat Ross County at home no matter when the game is played. If we don't then we don't deserve to be in a title race.

Because the A9 and A90 are different roads? One goes through the area of Scotland that gets most snowfall, the other is mainly coastal. Guess which one Ross County have to go by?
They could drive to Aberdeen and down from there!!

There’s more than one road from North to South!

Nah %^*& that. We ll just not bother travelling as it’s a bit inconvenient

Ordinarily you may well have a point.

However, given our recent run of games, our injury situation and the the likelihood of the pitch being very heavy come tonight this postponement is not going to do us any harm at this point.

Haha you don’t see the irony in this post ? Actual fatigue wouldn’t be an issue but scoreboard pressure will just be all too much:))

Always better to have points on the board, but I don't think this game being postponed is a disaster the way things are with our squad right now.
If we don't win this title then I won't be looking back at this particular postponement saying it cost us. The only thing it changes is we won't be top of the table if we win on Saturday, but I'm more concerned if we're top in May not December.

Celtic will be no more driven on Saturday to beat us than they would have been if we had played tonight. Feel very sorry for all our support who have travelled for tonight’s game.

So when the bad weather and accidents nearly caused the Dundee game to be off would Rangers have been told that's its 3 nil to Dundee.

If we foolishly tried to travel on the day of the game in horrendous weather, and couldn't fulfil the fixture, then yes. SPFL rules are there for a reason, mate. We should receive the 3 points for tonight's game.

"Ross County should have stayed in a hotel and should be hammered".

How far in advance of the game do they need to be holed up in a Glasgow hotel? One night? Two nights?

The game is off because of the weather. End of.

Surely the day before a widely predicted storm was about to hit the Highlands of Scotland, its not like today's weather is a surprised its been forecast for days.

Granted games get called off for weather all the time, but in this instance they could have planned ahead, they took a chance and its not paid off

Last edited:
This new fangled invention - an aeroplane!

Dep - 13:30
British Airways

BA1311
London Heathrow
Gate Closed

From Dyce. Then up to Glasgow.

Bus could still travel down as it doesn't need to be there before the end of the game.

If we foolishly tried to travel on the day of the game in horrendous weather, and couldn't fulfil the fixture, then yes. SPFL rules are there for a reason, mate. We should receive the 3 points for tonight's game.
What SPFL rules state clubs should travel the day before. Is there a rule that says if bad weather leave early enough. See when we went to St Andrews fir the Dundee game but flooding and crashes nearly meant the game was off would you be saying the same today. No

This new fangled invention - an aeroplane!

Dep - 13:30
British Airways

BA1311
London Heathrow
Gate Closed

From Dyce. Then up to Glasgow.

Bus could still travel down as it doesn't need to be there before the end of the game.
Would probably bankrupt them!

To everyone losing the place.
Is there a precedent for teams changing preparation/ travel/accommodation arrangements the day before a match?
Have Rangers for example ever checked the weather forecast, canceled training and left a day early?
Maybe they have, I haven't heard of it.

They could drive to Aberdeen and down from there!!

There’s more than one road from North to South!

Nah %^*& that. We ll just not bother travelling as it’s a bit inconvenient
road blocked , flooded a90 south of aberdeen , have a look at traffic scotland and show me an open road as all have been blocked with either snow , flooding , fallen trees . Have you been outside today ?

An utter disgrace. Fans significantly out of pocket at an already difficult time of year.
So a team from the Highlands leaves it until the last minute to travel knowing what the the weather is like , amateurish Sunday league level behaviour and they should be treated as like, Rangers given a 3-0 win obviously they won't imagine if the roles were reversed Rangers leaving it until the match day to travel knowing the weather in the Glasgow area was terrible but Dingwall was fit to play

I think we need to keep a sense of perspective here. It’s far from the disaster some people are making it out. It’s a disaster for the fans that left Northern Ireland and other far flung places, this is absolutely clear. The manager and players can start to focus on Celtic now. Will it make a difference on the day? We don’t know. We don’t know how the game will pan out. We all know how we want it to pan out. We were favourites at Ibrox in September and we know how this panned out. Personally, I feel a point on Saturday would be a fantastic result and I’d snap your hand off for it now. Anything better would be amazing. Any other murmurings about hammering them etc etc is guff talk.

Back