Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

If a professional club can't afford one night in a hotel then what's the point of them ?
Professionalism being the operative word here. Consider if there were no travel issues today what would their eta in Glasgow have been? Leave early morning, that's a lot of time to kill before kick off, leave later and you have stiff legged players attempting to loosen off. Amateurish doesn't begin to cover this shambles.

Can see why fans that have travelled are annoyed and they have massive sympathy from me.

Will ask again since nobody seems keen to answer - how long are they expected to hang around down here after the game if they can't get back? What is the acceptable cut off before people accept that games being called off due to the weather in Scotland is just one of those things?
I know it will sound harsh but thats something for them to deal with.

50k of fans are screwed over.

2 part Question. I put my books on this morning to seat sub as live in Inverness and the A9 goosed before game was called off(had thought county were already down). Take it the game will just go back onto my season ticket for rearranged game? Secondly Bought 2 QR codes for my mate who was meant to go down will they be valid aswel or would it be a refund?

GCXSMTnWgAAX2A4

Nope as Its been snowing up there on and off since Christmas Day and all The Ski resorts are starting to open has they now have snow and have been posting about it on Social media the last few days
No many ski resorts in Dingwall ffs
The storm up here is much much worse than was being forecast.
Not safe to leave the hoose let alone travel the length of the country

It seems opinion on here is divided on the usefulness of the games in hand. My tuppence is this:

So long as the No. of games in hand doesn’t pile up like 1979 or 2008 then we should be fine. Ross County at home is a game we should be winning 100/100 times so this isn’t much of a concern. It gives our players more of a rest going to the Piggery too.

This is the nature of the SPL and Scottish football in general; two giant clubs, a few middling ones, and teams representing villages. Ross County's 6,500-capacity ground holds more than the population of Dingwall. These clubs are shoestring operations playing in the same competitions as Rangers and Celtic. The gulf is evident on the pitch but we only face up to it when we have to acknowledge that we play against teams who can't afford a night in a hotel.
Is there actually any other league worldwide where there is such a financial gap between 2 teams and the rest?

Very early call here - Dumbarton away in the SC, in darkest January, a prime candidate for postponement. That was a shit draw, as the pitch is a dung heap.
If thats called off it will be moved to the 29th/30th january

We will still have every game in hand played by valentines day

If a professional club can't afford one night in a hotel then what's the point of them ?
Tbh given the state of the forecast up there, it'd probably be 2 nights, assuming the one night you mean was the night before the game.....can't see them travelling back up the road after it.

This is the nature of the SPL and Scottish football in general; two giant clubs, a few middling ones, and teams representing villages. Ross County's 6,500-capacity ground holds more than the population of Dingwall. These clubs are shoestring operations playing in the same competitions as Rangers and Celtic. The gulf is evident on the pitch but we only face up to it when we have to acknowledge that we play against teams who can't afford a night in a hotel.
£3.5m turnover is not a shoestring operation and the club is owned by a very wealthy man. I'm with those who think a hotel wasn't out of the question given the potential weather.

If they knew this was happening why did they not postpone the game days ago thois is because a so called professional football club couldn't be arsed to book into a hotel.Ross county have an obligation to turn up for their game and it's up to them how to get to Ibrox .Then the obligatory we consulted with police Scotland who the fook answered the phone to them ?

That's a decent result for us going into the scum game add the factor they fckers will be screaming conspiracy makes it all the more amusing

That would probably fitted in 30th/31st January

So February it is
Yeah i dont think they will move the ross county v livingston game. Will keep the 30th/31st free incase Dumbarton gets postponed or god forbid goes to a replay. Tonights game i reckon will be 13th/14th February

SPFL website is saying following consultation with Police Scotland the game was called off . As previously stated in other threads they have operational control & even if both clubs agreed to play it wouldn’t make any difference.

I’d rather see the game when it is rearranged than be awarded points.
Why should the fans suffer due to negligence they knew the forecast thousands of people have travelled and because they couldn't be arsed to book into a hotel they are fooked over.Another reason to build a hotel at Ibrox so no excuses from other teams.

I’d rather see the game when it is rearranged than be awarded points.
I’d rather not win the league off the back of an email like certain other clubs.

I’m pissed that the games been postponed and the circumstances but rather we play the game.

Also, it’s a shit night out and neither of my sons could make it due to work so probably best for me in any event.

Why should the fans suffer due to negligence they knew the forecast thousands of people have travelled and because they couldn't be arsed to book into a hotel they are fooked over.Another reason to build a hotel at Ibrox so no excuses from other teams.
I’d still rather attend the rearranged game than be awarded 3 points on paper. I’ve paid to see it and I’d much prefer winning on the park.

I assume that precedence has now been set for just not showing up for games with no penalty?

We should keep that in mind next time we have a big game coming up for which we fancy some extra preparation or rest time.

I assume that precedence has now been set for just not showing up for games with no penalty?

We should keep that in mind next time we have a big game coming up for which we fancy some extra preparation or rest time.
Maybe we should try it this weekend.
It would allow the SPFL more time to arrange our away allocation.

looking at the latest pictures, calling it off seems the right call, that does not fully excuse RC when the whole of the UK knew 3 days ago this storm was coming !!! , so very poor planning on their part - more annoyed for our fellow bears who have made the travel for the game - i live outside scotland myself now so know what it takes to get back hame for a game.....

the extra rest is good for Saturday, but Gers should be fully consulted when they plan to fit this game in, not our fault Mr Adams who likes to slag off scottish fitba (what a joke thats turned out to be) cant even get his team on a bus in a timely manner before a well documented storm was due to arrive...........

So us missing a relatively easy home game which would put us 2 points behind them with the chance of going top of the league on Saturday has been called off - and it is all a conspiracy to help Rangers? F***ing hell this country has gone out of its tiny mind.

Wonder how the dafty who posted 'I live a mile from Ibrox,it's fine don't talk shite' feels now:))
A few of us posted in that thread we live nearby, including myself, and at that point in time the discussion was around the game being called off due to the weather here - hee haw to do with Ross County being unable to travel to Glasgow, that was a total unknown to us.

Glad you got a few likes for your snide comment tho.

Ross County probably should have came down yesterday and planned better but it's not just them effected be plenty of our support travelling in those conditions to get to the game as well. Sheep v Motherwell also off due to the weather and having saw a video on twitter of the conditions then it's probably for the best our game is off for the safety of fans and also Ross County if they're trying to get back after the game.

Back