Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

Some amount of utter fucking mentalists on here.

Would playing the game be worth it if a fan had died trying to get to Ibrox?

Conditions are horrendous and Rangers statement is poor.

100 per cent agree.

Trains / buses cancelled and road travel not recommended, of course postponement is right decision.

I live in Perth and weather is rotten, trees down all over the place and localised flooding.

100 per cent agree.

Trains / buses cancelled and road travel not recommended, of course postponement is right decision.

I live in Perth and weather is rotten, trees down all over the place and localised flooding.
I stay local and the roads really shouldn't be driven on. Rain hasn't stopped all day and it will only get worse.

People driving like idiots. Throw in 50,000 people descending on Ibroxand it was right decision.

Would it be a bad thing for us to have our winter break ended early to play this game so as to avoid more fixture congestion? Is the squad away for warm weather training during the break?

A few of us posted in that thread we live nearby, including myself, and at that point in time the discussion was around the game being called off due to the weather here - hee haw to do with Ross County being unable to travel to Glasgow, that was a total unknown to us.

Glad you got a few likes for your snide comment tho.
No worries, have one for yourself.

An utter disgrace. Fans significantly out of pocket at an already difficult time of year.
I left my house in West Wales at 2.30 am this morning and won’t get home until 6.30 pm tomorrow evening and probably cost me around £300, but I have no regrets about travelling to Glasgow, somethings are out of our control, and every cloud has a silver lining, no injuries tonight and some extra rest time for Saturday

I stay local and the roads really shouldn't be driven on. Rain hasn't stopped all day and it will only get worse.

People driving like idiots. Throw in 50,000 people descending on Ibroxand it was right decision.

Great post - contrasts with numerous posters claiming incorrectly that the only issue is the A9 in the Highlands

I left my house in West Wales at 2.30 am this morning and won’t get home until 6.30 pm tomorrow evening and probably cost me around £300, but I have no regrets about travelling to Glasgow, somethings are out of our control, and every cloud has a silver lining, no injuries tonight and some extra rest time for Saturday
Good on you, hope you get home safely

Just saw a video posted on Facebook by North Yorkshire Weather Updates, bizarrely. Its carnage on the A9. The snow has just kept falling at the troubled area. Fans wouldn't have made it and shouldnt even be tryjng in the conditions. So their safety also needed to be taken into account.

They thought they could get away with doing it on the cheap, and travelling down the day of the game despite the weather warnings.

F***ing amateurs & we have to face the consequences.

Great post - contrasts with numerous posters claiming incorrectly that the only issue is the A9 in the Highlands
All trains from Edinburgh to Helensburgh cancelled too so public transport off.

But its all Ross county's fault ffs

That’s two issues.

If they left yesterday, like they should have then there would have been no problems.

Mate - trains across Scotland are in chaos as are buses.

Road travel not recommended - poster on here saying streets around Ibrox are waterlogged.

The problem is much more widespread than Ross County not traveling yesterday.

Apparently police Scotland are declaring a major incident on the A9 with miles of traffic stranded between Dalwhinnie and Drumochter.

It seems opinion on here is divided on the usefulness of the games in hand. My tuppence is this:

So long as the No. of games in hand doesn’t pile up like 1979 or 2008 then we should be fine. Ross County at home is a game we should be winning 100/100 times so this isn’t much of a concern. It gives our players more of a rest going to the Piggery too.
This is my worry, the snow & ice will be just around the corner

Why postponed? County didn't make the appropriate arrangements and its off because of them.

Should be 3 points to us.
Can virtually guarantee the one person laughing at all these types of posts won’t be one of us

It’s pathetic, the postponement has nothing to do with us and everything to do with their lack of foresight and planning.

looking at the latest pictures, calling it off seems the right call, that does not fully excuse RC when the whole of the UK knew 3 days ago this storm was coming !!! , so very poor planning on their part - more annoyed for our fellow bears who have made the travel for the game - i live outside scotland myself now so know what it takes to get back hame for a game.....

the extra rest is good for Saturday, but Gers should be fully consulted when they plan to fit this game in, not our fault Mr Adams who likes to slag off scottish fitba (what a joke thats turned out to be) cant even get his team on a bus in a timely manner before a well documented storm was due to arrive...........
Do you reckon the manager books the bus?

The rules are as long as they are at the stadium 90mins before kick off. When or how they get there is unfortunately immaterial.

Its actusl mad how the tiniest bit of snow and rain and the government have no idea what to do. The gritters/snow ploughs etc shoukd have been out all night. How on earth do they survive in norway/finland etc. Its sinply bad planning and it happens year in year out

So us missing a relatively easy home game which would put us 2 points behind them with the chance of going top of the league on Saturday has been called off - and it is all a conspiracy to help Rangers? F***ing hell this country has gone out of its tiny mind.
It certainly has

If I'd flown back for this game I'd still be buzzing it was called off.

Them getting an extra day off was already a huge advantage.

It will come down to fine margins and dodgy refereeing against the scum so can't see how not playing a game a few days before can't be seen as a good thing.

looking at the latest pictures, calling it off seems the right call, that does not fully excuse RC when the whole of the UK knew 3 days ago this storm was coming !!! , so very poor planning on their part - more annoyed for our fellow bears who have made the travel for the game - i live outside scotland myself now so know what it takes to get back hame for a game.....

the extra rest is good for Saturday, but Gers should be fully consulted when they plan to fit this game in, not our fault Mr Adams who likes to slag off scottish fitba (what a joke thats turned out to be) cant even get his team on a bus in a timely manner before a well documented storm was due to arrive...........
The storm forecast was up 4 days ago, RC obviously weren't facking interested/ prepared to come down early to fulfull their obligated fixture.

Can see why fans that have travelled are annoyed and they have massive sympathy from me.

Will ask again since nobody seems keen to answer - how long are they expected to hang around down here after the game if they can't get back? What is the acceptable cut off before people accept that games being called off due to the weather in Scotland is just one of those things?
That is the answer here.
Getting here didn’t need to be a problem but getting back up the road was always going to be.

I hope your travel back home is on time and safe fellow Wales based bear. I left my home in south east Wales at 11:00 to fly up from Bristol with my son. Game cancelled an hour before boarding, I was sitting in the departure lounge with my obligatory, expensive airport pint. Decided not to board the plane at all, didn’t fancy flying through the storm for no reason. Agree with your silver linings for the team and Saturday, but the several hundred quid loss on flights, hotel and parking is a sore one to take. One that many bears travelling from afar will have suffered today, Xmas is expensive enough already. Still, weather happens, nothing we can do about it.

The storm forecast was up 4 days ago, RC obviously weren't facking interested/ prepared to come down early to fulfull their obligated fixture.
Ffs they could have been in govan and it could have been called off due to the chaos on the roads.
Much more to it than if the teams are there .

I hope your travel back home is on time and safe fellow Wales based bear. I left my home in south east Wales at 11:00 to fly up from Bristol with my son. Game cancelled an hour before boarding, I was sitting in the departure lounge with my obligatory, expensive airport pint. Decided not to board the plane at all, didn’t fancy flying through the storm for no reason. Agree with your silver linings for the team and Saturday, but the several hundred quid loss on flights, hotel and parking is a sore one to take. One that many bears travelling from afar will have suffered today, Xmas is expensive enough already. Still, weather happens, nothing we can do about it.

One thing I find ridiculous is surely Ross County would have known bad weather was on the way, so why didn’t they travel to Glasgow yesterday ?

Back