Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

You’re talking about going to the piggery with “it all on the line” it’s December ffs, what are you talking about ?
In terms of going top, yes. If you thought that line meant “winning the league”, that’s not my problem.

Read the entire comment someone takes the time to post, look at the context of the whole post, rather than cherry picking a wee bit out to argue over.

The simple fact remains that the removal of us being able to go top on Saturday is a psychological advantage for them.

If the worst was to happen, and we lose on Saturday, the gap goes to eight points.

Yes, we've got two games in hand, but they've to be won, and we don't want our fixtures piling up while they've got points on board.

It's not really that hard to understand.
You said that a win against them is now imperative because of this postponement.
It's not.
It's not really hard to understand that either.

I dont think that's good enough tbh. It's Scotland not Siberia. Is weather really that bad? An how does this work. Do County just say we're not coming an Sfa/Spl just say ok. Do we need to agree? Game was 7 hours away at time of announcement. They should be made to pay cost of all fans out of pocket.

Shame for the fans and disappointing not to get three points on the board, but could be a blessing in disguise by avoiding injuries and keeping players fresh for Saturday.

Just came back on after my bath and put on layers for tonight. Glad I looked here before heading to the Supporters bus. Am sure many others will have had their day/night planned too.

At a loose end now, but at least I can watch the Edinburgh derby.

We stayed in St Andrew’s because of the storm warning, booking a hotel for a game being held 65 miles from Glasgow.

We were late due to a car accident, but we made adequate plans to be near the venue on the night of the game.

Ross County have left THE HIGHLANDS on the day of the game, a 200+ mile from Glasgow and a 5 hour drive on a good day, with 48 hours of weather warnings advising them of conditions.

There will be ample cheaper hotels on the outskirts of Glasgow. No one is saying they should book the Raddison, but make the effect to be closer to the city on the day of the game.
They have taken the cheap route. Not paying for a hotel and travelling on the day. They knew fine well they’d be turned back and game would have been postponed. There is zero chance we would be afforded a forfeit and 3 points either! Frankly I wouldn’t want one…I want us to win the league with no excuses.

Demanding a small club travel down the night before an evening kick off and stay in a hotel at significant cost is Tim behaviour. That's before you even throw in the human element that yesterday was Boxing Day.

Ross County have done what just about every other club in this league would have done in this situation. Frustrating for us as fans and I do feel for anybody that has travelled here for the game but the risk is always there at this time of year.

FWIW, I don't imagine we as a club would have been very difficult to deal with here. No risks ahead of Saturday.
If a professional club can't afford one night in a hotel then what's the point of them ?

So a team from the Highlands leaves it until the last minute to travel knowing what the the weather is like , amateurish Sunday league level behaviour and they should be treated as like, Rangers given a 3-0 win obviously they won't imagine if the roles were reversed Rangers leaving it until the match day to travel knowing the weather in the Glasgow area was terrible but Dingwall was fit to play
Couldn’t agree more. I really want Rangers to publicly ask why they made that decision today.

County should have been made to forfeit the game. Why didn’t they travel yesterday?
Exactly on both points, poor show from all involved. Surely they should have to come out and at least say why they didn’t book a hotel.

In terms of going top, yes. If you thought that line meant “winning the league”, that’s not my problem.

Read the entire comment someone takes the time to post, look at the context of the whole post, rather than cherry picking a wee bit out to argue over.

The simple fact remains that the removal of us being able to go top on Saturday is a psychological advantage for them.
I place zero emphasis on being top in December, it’s a title race there will be changes at the top and momentum will shift multiple times between now and May. Strap yourself in

Both games in hand will be played before Europe kicks back off again.

Hibs away is end of Jan and this game will be an empty midweek in February.

Europa League starts back March for us
Very early call here - Dumbarton away in the SC, in darkest January, a prime candidate for postponement. That was a shit draw, as the pitch is a dung heap.

If a professional club can't afford one night in a hotel then what's the point of them ?
To play football matches?

How many nights do they need to spend in hotels before you accept them as a professional club? If they can't get back after a game, how long do they need to stay before it is acceptable for the game to be off?

Not sure why they left to go down A9, snow was already on and lying. Could they not have went over to Aberdeen then down to Glasgow, travelling on the day of a game that distance is a joke outfit.

I have the flu so put my ST on seatsub however I'll be going to the rearranged game will I have to buy a ticket or will the seatsub purchase be invalid

The way i look at it is, we will be in a better position when the the game is played with new signings/ injuries cleared up.

We did need a breather as well.

Plus we should not be dictated to with the rearranged game due to Ross Countys %^*& up.

Play it when it suits US.

Ross County must've known the weather was due to be bad and should have travelled through yesterday but are probably trying to save money.

Would prefer points on the board, but extra rest to get a couple of players back that have had knocks from the last game won't go amiss either. That said, the extra rest is only worth it if we win against the scum.

Hopefully means Lunny and Goldson will make the game against the scum now.

It's Tim Behaviour to throw the toys out of the pram and start crying about a game being postponed because one of the teams are struggling to travel through a storm and road closures.
No toys being thrown here, but the storm and warnings around it have been in place for 48 hours.

Simple fact is they could and should have made arrangements and provisions to be here for the game, and didn’t do so.

I can see why folk are pissed off.

Imagine we weren't able to turn up for a game, or even at any other level of football. Game should be forfeited. This is why urfa have a rule for European games where you have to be in host city the night before a match.
Takes about 4 hours to drive down. They shouldn’t have had a problem if they left around 9.30am. They obviously didn’t want to pay for overnight and that’s their right.
as I said in an earlier post they are not bound to travel a day before and we were late for Dundee having stayed locally then got stuck on Tay Bridge.
it’s terrible for fans who’ve travelled but the hysteria on here is crazy especially since it suits us.

Weather a leveller
Possibility of injuries
possibility of red cards
extra rest and recovery for players

folk need to calm down

Would prefer points on the board, but extra rest to get a couple of players back that have had knocks from the last game won't go amiss either. That said, the extra rest is only worth it if we win against the scum.

Hopefully means Lunny and Goldson will make the game against the scum now.
That’s why it’s off!
Looking forward to KFS!

Historically, Rangers teams have gone into Old Firm games at New Year in various different league positions - behind in the table with games in hand, top of the league with Celtic having games in hand, having played the same amount of games and both teams neck and neck.

No one can say for sure if tonight's postponement puts us at an advantage or disadvantage for Saturday's game - you can only really do afterwards - but setbacks like tonight are part of parcel of football, and if the team can't cope with the psychological demands of "scoreboard pressure" in the manner of successful Rangers teams of the past, then they probably don't deserve to win the league.

No toys being thrown here, but the storm and warnings around it have been in place for 48 hours.

Simple fact is they could and should have made arrangements and provisions to be here for the game, and didn’t do so.

I can see why folk are pissed off.
Can see why fans that have travelled are annoyed and they have massive sympathy from me.

Will ask again since nobody seems keen to answer - how long are they expected to hang around down here after the game if they can't get back? What is the acceptable cut off before people accept that games being called off due to the weather in Scotland is just one of those things?

Nobody is local to Ross County, probably easier to get there from Glasgow as it is to get there from Aberdeen
This is unfortunately very true. without Inverness in the league it’s just an irritation.

All the more reason they should have travelled the night before. If they want to play with the big boys they should be fulfilling their fixtures or suffer the consequences.

Back