Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

Whatever happens at the weekend we will still have two games in hand over them.

In that context, I think a loss for them hurts them more than a loss would hurt us.

If they beat us but we win our games in hand then the gap is only two points with the next OF game at Ibrox.

I actually think this postponement has been a blessing in disguise.

Players could have walked to Motherwell if required.
If you think today's delay is acceptable due to Ross County's inability to forward plan then that's fine. Others quite rightly are aggrieved at having lost out on seeing a game and spending considerable amounts of money.
I get the frustration of fans who have made arrangements and now won't get to see the game.

But the same thing applies to Ross County fans or bears in the Highlands who would have not been able to get to Glasgow.

We look at everything through a Rangers and central belt lens.

I get the frustration of fans who have made arrangements and now won't get to see the game.

But the same thing applies to Ross County fans or bears in the Highlands who would have not been able to get to Glasgow.

We look at everything through a Rangers and central belt lens.
A frustration that could have been negated by a bit of planning by RC.
Absolute shambles.

Takes about 4 hours to drive down. They shouldn’t have had a problem if they left around 9.30am. They obviously didn’t want to pay for overnight and that’s their right.
as I said in an earlier post they are not bound to travel a day before and we were late for Dundee having stayed locally then got stuck on Tay Bridge.
it’s terrible for fans who’ve travelled but the hysteria on here is crazy especially since it suits us.

Weather a leveller
Possibility of injuries
possibility of red cards
extra rest and recovery for players

folk need to calm down
I've asked twice without any response from the angry brigade.
Have Rangers ever cancelled training/preparation the day before a game, reorganised transport, tried to book 20+ hotel rooms with no notice because of the weather forecast?
Maybe they have, but I can't ever remember it, and so far neither can anyone else.

Am sure he has a brain that could easily understand a major storm is due in our area let’s travel early so I can prepare my team
Do Rangers change travel by a day, cancel training, book 20 odd hotel rooms, not care about getting home etc (all at a day's notice) based on the weather forecast?
You might tell me that they do, but I've never heard it.

One thing I find ridiculous is surely Ross County would have known bad weather was on the way, so why didn’t they travel to Glasgow yesterday ?
Maybe they wanted to train yesterday, as in prepare for the game?
Maybe they don't treat the weather forecast as an exact science?
Maybe if the weather was going to be so bad, they had concerns about the return journey?

Nevertheless the game can be called as the A9 was carnage.
Teams could be th r but if it’s unsafe for fans to travel then they will call

Please explain what planning you mean and when it should have happened
They should have planned to arrive in Glasgow last night when they looked at the weather forecast.

As they say in the army ‘proper planning and preparation, prevents piss poor performance’.

it wasnt deep snow closed the road ,it was the large vehicle accident that blocked it, how do you stop that happening, ? Further south after that was the flooding

They should have planned to arrive in Glasgow last night when they looked at the weather forecast.

As they say in the army ‘proper planning and preparation, prevents piss poor performance’.
Do Rangers often change arrangements, miss a day's preparation for a game based on the weather forecast?

Maybe they wanted to train yesterday, as in prepare for the game?
Maybe they don't treat the weather forecast as an exact science?
Maybe if the weather was going to be so bad, they had concerns about the return journey?
They have a duty to make the ko of a scheduled game. Remember this is a club whose manager slated the professionalism and standards in Scottish football. Its an embarrassing state of affairs.

They have a duty to make the ko of a scheduled game. Remember this is a club whose manager slated the professionalism and standards in Scottish football. Its an embarrassing state of affairs.
Their manager is a walloper, nothing to do with this situation however.

Do Rangers change travel by a day, cancel training, book 20 odd hotel rooms, not care about getting home etc (all at a day's notice) based on the weather forecast?
You might tell me that they do, but I've never heard it.
Oh dear Santa didn’t visit someone this year…..

I'm gutted
What is wrong with you? Are you just determined to be ragin?
It's a bastard that the game was cancelled but it's nobody's fault.
You haven't responded to a single question I asked about return journey, losing a day's prep etc.

I knew yesterday morning that a possible storm was expected in parts of Scotland. If I knew, I’m sure officials at Ross County would have known
So you knew yesterday, the very day you think they should have travelled.
Did you have to cancel a day's training and prep for a big game?
Or change long arranged travel for about 30 people or more?
Find a suitable hotel on Boxing Night for the same amount of people?
These things happen mate, it's unfortunate

You haven't responded to a single question I asked about return journey, losing a day's prep etc.
Rangers regularly travel the night before a game. They make arrangements for training around that.
Thousands have booked hotels for the game, travelled from far and wide, bought tickets for Christmas treats, children visiting family and getting a rare chance to see Rangers. All done away with because RC couldn't be arsed making proper travel plans according to the forcast. Imagine travelling on the day of the game with snow forecast. Amateurish
Now if you think that acceptable then that's your choice, however, it is everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

It’s all about fulfilling your obligation and play the fixture. If that means arriving the evening before and arriving home late then so be it.

The next time the weather is bad, I wouldn’t blame fans staying at home and not travelling, just in case the same thing happens again, which is definitely a possibility if Ross County are allowed to get away with it

So no answer from you either
My answer has already been stated earlier in the thread not my fault you are coming on with a view to argue with everyone

Maybe you should answer if it was known to the whole of the Uk this storm was due and would hit the north of Scotland the worst you know where RC have to travel from answer why they did not make better travel arrangements???

Rangers regularly travel the night before a game. They make arrangements for training around that.
Thousands have booked hotels for the game, travelled from far and wide, bought tickets for Christmas treats, children visiting family and getting a rare chance to see Rangers. All done away with because RC couldn't be arsed making proper travel plans according to the forcast. Imagine travelling on the day of the game with snow forecast. Amateurish
Now if you think that acceptable then that's your choice, however, it is everything that is wrong with Scottish football.
All your tough luck, disappointment stories are spot on. Heart breaking for people who have travelled but you completely miss my point.
If you believe that teams must be forced to travel the day before, then that's a valid argument. As you say teams then plan accordingly.
But that is not the rule. Ross County, unprofessional or not, had planned to travel on the day of the game which I assume is their norm.
They cannot simply change that at a few hours notice because fkn Judith Ralston says so.

My answer has already been stated earlier in the thread not my fault you are coming on with a view to argue with everyone

Maybe you should answer if it was known to the whole of the Uk this storm was due and would hit the north of Scotland the worst you know where RC have to travel from answer why they did not make better travel arrangements???
As I've said at least 6 times.
They can't simply cancel all their preparations for the match and find suitable accommodation for a large amount of people on Boxing Night at a few hours notice.

They can't simply cancel all their preparations for the match and find suitable accommodation for a large amount of people on Boxing Night at a few hours notice.
Yes they could have plenty of hotel rooms available in Glasgow.

They had at least 3days notice ffs
So that would be Christmas Eve Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Don't you think that makes it even more difficult?
Surely you believe that RC would have preferred the game to go ahead?

All your tough luck, disappointment stories are spot on. Heart breaking for people who have travelled but you completely miss my point.
If you believe that teams must be forced to travel the day before, then that's a valid argument. As you say teams then plan accordingly.
But that is not the rule. Ross County, unprofessional or not, had planned to travel on the day of the game which I assume is their norm.
They cannot simply change that at a few hours notice because fkn Judith Ralston says so.
Aye it was a storm that blew up in a few hours ffs. You are correct. Travelling that distance on a bus for professional sport on the day of a game is unprofessional. Glad you agree.

So that would be Christmas Eve Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Don't you think that makes it even more difficult?
Surely you believe that RC would have preferred the game to go ahead?
I don't care how you dress it up.RC are at fault,no one else.

Your making it sound like landing a rocket on the moon???

Ohh there’s a major storm due (was known 3 days before not hours !!) shall we travel earlier or wait until the fkn storm hits

As above ain’t rocket science :cool:

Aye it was a storm that blew up in a few hours ffs. You are correct. Travelling that distance on a bus for professional sport on the day of a game is unprofessional. Glad you agree.
Not much more than a few hours I wouldn't have thought.
If you believe RC are unprofessional, fair enough, you're probably correct.
Still not much anyone could do on Christmas Day or Boxing Day to rectify it.

Your making it sound like landing a rocket on the moon???

Ohh there’s a major storm due (was known 3 days before not hours !!) shall we travel earlier or wait until the fkn storm hits

As above ain’t rocket science :cool:
It isn't rocket science, you're correct. But neither is it just like you and your mate getting an earlier train and booking into the Premier Inn.

One thing I find ridiculous is surely Ross County would have known bad weather was on the way, so why didn’t they travel to Glasgow yesterday ?
I doubt if they would have got enough beds in Glasgow hotels during the festive period, a bit of forward planning however would have made sense, but they decided on the cheap option.

fire it straight back into the Tim’s

remind them that it was Ross County along with the severe weatger that cancelled it

also remind them about the time they cancelled due to injurie….. sorry Phil O’Donnell

Not much more than a few hours I wouldn't have thought.
If you believe RC are unprofessional, fair enough, you're probably correct.
Still not much anyone could do on Christmas Day or Boxing Day to rectify it.
As I’m regularly in Glasgow, I get emails all the time regarding hotel availability and if I can get them I’m sure a professional sports would know how to get them

How would that have prevented the game being called due to the risk posed to fans travelling?
Seems to be a view on here (albeit not the majority) that think 50,000 fans matter more than 100.

It's the equivalent of saying people coming by ferry should get a game postponed because the seas are too rough.

Back