Alnwick to Shrewsbury?

M@x

Official Ticketer
According to the Daily Mail £250k.

So that would be Kelly and him away, perhaps Foderingham is staying to fight for number 1 with McGregor?

Good keeper and worth far more than £250k

I like Foderingham as well but feel he represents a better cash in for now. Championship clubs would give us £2-3M I think and we can go with McGregor no. 1, Alnwick no. 2 and proceed to loan out Robbie McCrorie to a better calibre of team than last year and see if he can progress even further with a view of being our no. 1

I like Foderingham as well but feel he represents a better cash in for now. Championship clubs would give us £2-3M I think and we can go with McGregor no. 1, Alnwick no. 2 and proceed to loan out Robbie McCrorie to a better calibre of team than last year and see if he can progress even further with a view of being our no. 1
Maybe alnwick doesnt want to be number 2 anymore

From a financial perspective, I totally agree. I feel the same way about Tav and Windass. Really think this is the summer to cash in.

However, if the management team decided they wanted Fod as No. 2 as he's a better keeper (an assessment I'd agree with) then I'd support that also.

Young McCrorie can be new number two.

Wes and Alnwick aren't in Shaggers class

Outstanding young keeper, but I'd say he still needs a bit of physical development to be a potential number 1 for us, if McGregor got a long term injury.

Wes would give McGregor excellent competition and keep him on his toes.

Whether or not he's prepared to do that though is another matter.

I’d sell Foderingham tomorrow ,he’s nothing special and is a distinctly average keeper ,what I’d call a decent keeper and you could easily command 3-4m for him,England isn’t awash with decent keepers and a championship team could easily stump up .

Get him sold

Outstanding young keeper, but I'd say he still needs a bit of physical development to be a potential number 1 for us, if McGregor got a long term injury.

Wes would give McGregor excellent competition and keep him on his toes.

Whether or not he's prepared to do that though is another matter.
Yes he does, he isn't ready yet to go straight to number 2, another season at least on loan first.

Last edited:
Young McCrorie can be new number two.

Wes and Alnwick aren't in Shaggers class

To be honest i did not think he looked ready against England. England where big boys and he struggled in the match for me. He has potential but he needs another couple of seasons on loan. The higher the better. I would alos ratehr we keep Alnwick and sell Wes who for me is not a great GK.
Shagger will make a huge difference to our team thats for sure and we need another two Goalkeepers so weird if we are letting two go.

Fod is average at best. Nowhere near Rangers standard. McGregor will add 10 points to our season with his saves, assuming he’s as good as he was.

Steve Gerrard sits Foderingham down and says if you want to win a league you are part of a squad that can do it but it needs to be with 2 quality GKs. Fight for your place. Improve each other. Learn from Shagger. Stay and in a couple of years you'll be better for it.

Foderingham is capable of some fine saves but you are never totally comfortable with him. He lacks the presence that is required of a Rangers keeper.

He seems like a good lad but for his own sake, it would be better if he found an environment with expectations on a similar level to what he can deliver.

Foderingham is capable of some fine saves but you are never totally comfortable with him. He lacks the presence that is required of a Rangers keeper.

He seems like a good lad but for his own sake, it would be better if he found an environment with expectations on a similar level to what he can deliver.
Agree entirely. Can’t fault the lads commitment, but it’s not there.

Alnwick is a lot more commanding than Foderingham. Always collects the balls at free kicks and corners whereas God Fod doesn't like coming for them. Important attribute as it kills off all opposition set pieces and gives the team more confidence that he's going to deal with them.

First time seeing Mcrorie the other night for the 21s at toulon. He doesnt look ready to be out 2nd choice on that performance

There is no way that Wes keeps Shagger out the team and even he knows that. I can't see him staying to play second fiddle.

£250,000! Feck me, if that figure is correct we’ve become like a stall in the Barras.

We bought him for roughly that price and he's hardly been a standout. If we get our money back or make a profit on the abundance of average/poor players in the squad, then I'll be happy.

Steve Gerrard sits Foderingham down and says if you want to win a league you are part of a squad that can do it but it needs to be with 2 quality GKs. Fight for your place. Improve each other. Learn from Shagger. Stay and in a couple of years you'll be better for it.

Rangers have an offer on table for Wes, we just want a bit more.
He'll be sold. Mentality wise, not up to it. Can't keep out saveable long range efforts, which happens a lot.

And get your eyes tested I think he's long sighted and needs specs,close range he's good long distance he struggles

Fodderingham , is he outgoing also?
Can't see him hanging around as backup...
Then again, who's to say Gerard will necessarily opt for Shagger as #1

Wes played with injections in his shoulder since Sept last year

Worth bearing in mind when assessing his performances last season ?

I would get rid of them both TBH.
Pure madness getting rid of Jak and keeping Fods, Fods doesn't rule his box and when he does come out it's a fuking bombscare, windmill!!
Could get £3m for the both of them. 1.5m for a back up keeper and the rest back into the kitty.

Back