Anyone ever went an entire season without missing a game?

16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20 - until shutdown.

Missed a fair few since due to weans, bad luck and a couple of injuries picked up.

I’ve done it four times and we’ve won the league EVERY time.

2004/05

2008-2011

I reckon for most at this point in time it will be nigh on impossible unless it’s a who you know type situation.
Was that home and away (domestically) ?

Every competitive game in the Manchester season at home and abroad which would have been 68 I think. The only games I didn't go to were the 2 bounce games against the lower league teams in Germany.

I also did another 2 or 3 complete seasons after that. Home and away including Europe.

I did a lot more complete domestic season before that

Every competitive game in the Manchester season at home and abroad which would have been 68 I think. The only games I didn't go to were the 2 bounce games against the lower league teams in Germany.

I also did another 2 or 3 complete seasons after that. Home and away including Europe.

I did a lot more complete domestic season before that
I was on holiday in Venice that year and I drove a hire car to one of those games in Furstenfeld. It was a nightmare and took me 18 hours to get back. I think we had about 40 fans there. Sport Options and the Travel Club were much easier

The closest I got was in Souness's first season, 1986/87 when I missed one domestic game, away to Hamilton in Aug 86, we won 2-1

From 1979 to 1992 I missed 4 home games in total in all competitions and friendlies. For one I was in a car accident on way to game v Aberdeen in Jan 84. Next, my home was broken into and my ST and match ticket were among items taken resulting in me missing games v Hearts (3-0) and Cologne (1-1) in Nov 88. Finally v Clyde (2-0) in midweek SC replay in Jan 1980, I had an exam at school the next day that I had to pass and my mum (the big bully) insisted I stayed home and studied.

My first time doing it I was only 14 year old that’s including euro away games, never missed a game till I joined the military at 17 so three seasons back to back without missing a game. Probly went about ten years as a kid without missing a home game

I was on holiday in Venice that year and I drove a hire car to one of those games in Furstenfeld. It was a nightmare and took me 18 hours to get back. I think we had about 40 fans there. Sport Options and the Travel Club were much easier
The only reason I didn't go to those 2 was that I'd just got back from a week in Germany about a week or so before it and we were going over for the Hanover game the weekend after.

I've never done it but our bus bought a wee trophy once (mid 90s) for one of my pals who had completed a season 100% including Europe. Quite an achievement when away trips to Europe were mostly done by bus.

1998/99 didn’t miss a game domestically, very easy to get tickets in those days

Used to go a bus where some members hadn’t missed a game in years

Last edited:
Think I did it pre Souness when you could rock up and pay at the gate.
Much easier to follow the team but only because we weren’t the best at that time.

Aye mate.

Only reason I missed a handful of games in between 2005-2008 was a I joined a flute band and band practice was a Sunday and went to Londonderry every August for the apprentice boys parade.
If Carlsberg done excuses!
Brilliant, I think you get a by for that @CLSFB

Aye mate.

Only reason I missed a handful of games in between 2005-2008 was a I joined a flute band and band practice was a Sunday and went to Londonderry every August for the apprentice boys parade.
You win the Stuanchest Staunch Staunchalator prize for the Staunchest Staunchalator for the month. Well done Brother

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Managed to do it from McLeish’s first full season when we won the treble up to the 07/08 season and went to Manchester. I had to give up my season ticket after that and get to a few games a year now.

I haven't missed more than a handful of games in the last five or six years (except the lockdown season obviously). Can't remember the last home game I missed.

I suspect with the ticket situation at the likes of the piggery and Tynecastle I'll never be able to do a 100% season.

I was at every match in season 1974-75, apart from our pre-season tour of Sweden.

And to think I got a bollocking for watching us v Morton in a bar in Paris off the ex!

Aye mate.

Band did you join mate?

:p

Back