The Clement Honeymoon is Over

Yeah cause the great players in training are always the best players in competitive matches. Probably how Scott wright gets more game time than his match performances deserve, same with Dessers.
As I suggested to you earlier as ,you appear to believe you know more the actual team manager. Why not contact the club and tell them you are available if in the future they need another manager or even contact Clement and you put him right as to where he has gone wrong as, you appear to think that you have so much more football management experience than he has.

I look forward to you letting us all know how you get on..Good Luck

He needs to be given proper funds to mould his team , jury still out for me , we have been scraping past teams recently, the real concern is in my opinion he has had 4 major tests and failed them all.

Them away

Trying to go top v Ross county earlier in season.

Game v them last week was massive black mark.

Today.

People are forgetting under Beale the league was over the players had chucked it, Clement revitalised this squad and got us back into the title race and won a trophy he’s due some slack but the same players have gone back into there shell letting the Manager and club down.

Come the summer I hope majority of these same players are told to move on and find a new club.

The 11 selected by Clement should have been able to beat the team you point out are 11th and not a Euro powerhouse with ease.

The fact they failed is on the players. They are all highly paid and should be well motivated with medals at stake - but they stunk the place out with their half hearted attitude.

On your last.point - because a manager can only work with the players he has available. No manager is picking the same.players because he believes they're going to fail and get him the sack.
If you were a player, whose attitude stank as you say, yet the manager wasn’t pulling you off the park, would you continue with that behaviour. Not saying you/they should but this manager sent a message early doors to the likes of Cantwell and it seemed to hammer home the message that lack of effort and attitude wouldn’t be tolerated, look no further than Tod performance today for example.

Then you look at others, when was the last time he dropped one of the rest, those that start regardless and those you are shoe horning into the collective poor attitude from
Today.

If you are going to mean business then be consistent. I’m sure most of us would agree that those that seem unstoppable have deserved to have been dropped or even hauled off midway through first half in certain games never mind on the hour mark yet it never happens.

Madness is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting change.

As I suggested to you earlier as ,you appear to believe you know more the actual team manager. Why not contact the club and tell them you are available if in the future they need another manager or even contact Clement and you put him right as to where he has gone wrong as, you appear to think that you have so much more football management experience than he has.

I look forward to you letting us all know how you get on..Good Luck
it’s pointless repeating yourself.

Ask for my opinion, I give it. Not saying it’s better than our managers but you want to bury your head and think, it’s just the players, our manager couldn’t have done anything any different…….which I don’t agree with, doesn’t make me better or anymore qualified than him.

He needs to be given proper funds to mould his team , jury still out for me , we have been scraping past teams recently, the real concern is in my opinion he has had 4 major tests and failed them all.

Them away

Today.
Add on to that Benfica at home when the entire country could see that a goal was imminent in the 15 minutes leading up to it.

What worried me with Beale and is starting to worry me again is when us mere mortals can see the glaring errors a manager is making in terms of selection, tactics etc. and that is where we have been with PC over the last few weeks.

I hope he comes good, honestly I do, but he is far from the “Belgian Pep” that some on here would have you believe.

it’s pointless repeating yourself.

Ask for my opinion, I give it. Not saying it’s better than our managers but you want to bury your head and think, it’s just the players, our manager couldn’t have done anything any different…….which I don’t agree with, doesn’t make me better or anymore qualified than him.
The best of luck with your future football managerial career..

The way football works is the buck stops with the manager.That performance today was unacceptable and Clement needs to reset and get them playing again otherwise murky waters ahead.

2 wins in 7 games. Conceding comical goals. Sending the team out with no obvious game plan and persisting with the same bottle merchants game in game out.

We’ve thrown this away and the manager has to take his share of the blame.
I would say so over the last two games but he has got us into a title race and out of one at the same time.

Add on to that Benfica at home when the entire country could see that a goal was imminent in the 15 minutes leading up to it.

What worried me with Beale and is starting to worry me again is when us mere mortals can see the glaring errors a manager is making in terms of selection, tactics etc. and that is where we have been with PC over the last few weeks.

I hope he comes good, honestly I do, but he is far from the “Belgian Pep” that some on here would have you believe.

Aberdeen away was also a complete shambles for me

Any chance of giving him at least one transfer window with money to spend before getting the pitchfork out

He has to be allowed to bring his own players in.
Then he can really be judged
This lot are not up for a fight.
Too many times now

You know what, I don't even see any full outs with each other.
They are resigned to it

Clement is an excellent motivator, there is only so much he can do with a bunch of serial bottlers.

Largest rebuild in the best part of a decade required this summer.

The worrying thing is we’re saying this every year now.

The manager paying the price today for dragging this group of serial losers into a title race they had no right being in. They've inevitably reverted to type and shat the bed and despite all previous experience, you get people turning on the manager.

I'd chase every single one of that squad and let the manager build from scratch before I'd start spouting some of the shite we've seen today.

Utter shite.

He has made mistakes as any manager will but to even mention Beale in the same breath as Clement is laughable.

We can't keep sacking managers because the players bottle it

You should if they don't rectify the glaring deficiences in the team. And the the captain, Borna and vice captain are certainly that. There's your starter for ten.

Of course, this is the defensive cr@p he inherited, so he gets a free pass but there has to be a full scale shakedown in the summer

The worrying thing is we’re saying this every year now.
That's because we haven't nailed the real culprits yet. Thankfully Barisic is away (though what the f*ck he was doing in today's team is anyone's guess). We will get rid of Lundstram easily enough. We really need to focus on ridding the club of our current captain and vice-captain, the pair of them a cancer of mediocrity and selfishness. Two players who have made it quite clear they don't have it within themselves to give two f*cks about the trophies this club wins.

People were going ridiculously over the top about him, but it’s understandable when we’ve had so little to shout about over the past couple of years.

We got a new manager bounce and were actually playing some decent football too. Lundstram looked reborn as did Yilmaz, he was even getting some sort of tune out of Dessers and Sterling was shaping up to be the find of the season. All to his credit, but actually, when you look at the really big games, we’ve tended to come up short once again - two matches against Celtic and a home tie v Benfica when we’d already done the hard part.

On the flip side of that he gets credit for beating Betis away and winning the League Cup, but the defeat to Motherwell no longer looks like an isolated blip and all of the promising signs that led most of us to dare to hope Clement might actually be the man to take us to genuine glory now look about as credible as those who believed the same of Gio and Beale.

He still might of course and there’s a very good argument to say we should stick with him regardless, but right now the feel good factor he’d built is well and truly over and after unexpectedly getting us back into the title race, to blow it at the death would be a big question mark he’d be taking into next season.

That's because we haven't nailed the real culprits yet. Thankfully Barisic is away (though what the f*ck he was doing in today's team is anyone's guess). We will get rid of Lundstram easily enough. We really need to focus on ridding the club of our current captain and vice-captain, the pair of them a cancer of mediocrity and selfishness. Two players who have made it quite clear they don't have it within themselves to give two f*cks about the trophies this club wins.

I agree with every single word.

He needs to be backed properly by the board in the summer and hopefully he will sort out our defence
Come to think of it, midfield and forward line also

In otherwords, a complete overhaul.

Unless by some miracle we salvage this title race, it ain't happening.

We need to get rid of the deadwood, chop them off the wage bill and by hell, we have an Amazon Forest of deadwood and weight.

Given the amount of deadwood in our squad as alluded to by previous posters he has done remarkably well to have us in this position.

He will know who he wants to keep and who he will offload. His immediate task is to win the next 6/7 games.

It’s disregarding a lot to compare him to Beale

Beale hadn’t managed a game in Europe or won a trophy prior to last summers spend when he then wasted a lot of money

It’s disregarding a lot to compare him to Beale

Beale hadn’t managed a game in Europe or won a trophy prior to last summers spend when he then wasted a lot of money
Beale took over a team that six months prior has reached a European final, Beale had upwards of £20m to spend on that team, Beale had a full pre-season. Anyone who thinks they are remotely the same level of manager is a genuine fucking idiot.

Them away

Today.
To include Ross County at Ibrox as a “massive test” where we failed to go top (a game which we won 3-1) but exclude St Johnstone away when we did go top four days later is madness let’s be real here

People were going ridiculously over the top about him, but it’s understandable when we’ve had so little to shout about over the past couple of years.

We got a new manager bounce and were actually playing some decent football too. Lundstram looked reborn as did Yilmaz, he was even getting some sort of tune out of Dessers and Sterling was shaping up to be the find of the season. All to his credit, but actually, when you look at the really big games, we’ve tended to come up short once again - two matches against Celtic and a home tie v Benfica when we’d already done the hard part.

On the flip side of that he gets credit for beating Betis away and winning the League Cup, but the defeat to Motherwell no longer looks like an isolated blip and all of the promising signs that led most of us to dare to hope Clement might actually be the man to take us to genuine glory now look about as credible as those who believed the same of Gio and Beale.

He still might of course and there’s a very good argument to say we should stick with him regardless, but right now the feel good factor he’d built is well and truly over and after unexpectedly getting us back into the title race, to blow it at the death would be a big question mark he’d be taking into next season.
Clement also has something else that Beale and GVB didn’t have. A track record of winning league titles at Genk and Club Brugge and a decent record in Ligue 1 with Monaco. GVB had won a league in Holland but it had fallen apart and Beale had 12 games at QPR.

If things go south under Clement (I don’t think they will actually) then maybe it’s time to look beyond sack the manager to understand why and correct it.

That was Clement’s 24th league game and his points compared to the previous managers.

Clement = 59pts
Beale = 59pts
Gio = 56pts

I think the scums drop off this season has masked our own inadequacies to a certain extent.
Had Clement held the results together last 4 league games he would have been on 67pts and been riding high, that points tally would have been impressive.

but losses to Motherwell and Ross County along with the draw against Celtic has scuppered that chance.

The last 4 league games have set him way back in perceived ability.

There was a thread after the Hearts game claiming we were a really good side. Bonkers. A two month purple patch does not a good side make.

There are also plenty of posters today fully confident that all he needs to do is get rid of the problem players and get his own team and all will be hunky dory. That’s just blind faith. Firstly that we’ll have the funds to do that, secondly that he will want to do that, and thirdly that any new players he will bring in will be an improvement.

He along with the players is culpable for the dire attempt at winning the league, we had it in our hands, only for his team selections and players bottle ending any hope we had.
The last 8/10 weeks his starting 11s have been shambolic, how on earth he continued to play Wright week in week out is baffling.

The team has lost our sharpness n look more lethargic ever since we dropped out of Europe.

Clement definitely culpable for last 2 games.

Plain to see today at half time changes needed made. Warning signs were there, over ran in the middle, due to the fact Dowell isn’t match fit/up to speed, played about 4 90 mins all season and just back from a lengthy lay off - no way has he got the legs.

Whilst Clement can only work with the tools he’s got, I agree. But he’s got Sterling on the bench (arguably one of our best players), someone who covers every blade, can do a bit of everything, never once let us down, and he’s starting Dowell? Doesn’t make sense to me.

He’s persevered with Silva on the left for weeks even though he’s been bang average, Matondo more than deserved to start there today after last week.

Started Lawrence ahead of Cantwell last Sunday for some reason, Whilst Lawrence has his attributes Cantwell is an all round better player and would thrive in that kinda game with crowd behind him etc

Then there’s Roofe who never even made the cut for last week, get he might no be 100% match fit but surely in the name a Jesus a 50% Roofe is better than dessers? The only striker in the history of the game that misses chances that are easier to score.

Scunnered to fcuk way them.

He along with the players is culpable for the dire attempt at winning the league, we had it in our hands, only for his team selections and players bottle ending any hope we had.
The last 8/10 weeks his starting 11s have been shambolic, how on earth he continued to play Wright week in week out is baffling.
Though necessity only I think. He's clearly not good enough for where we want to be but poor squad planning and injuries have meant he's stepped in.

Plain to see today at half time changes needed made. Warning signs were there, over ran in the middle, due to the fact Dowell isn’t match fit/up to speed, played about 4 90 mins all season and just back from a lengthy lay off - no way has he got the legs.

Whilst Clement can only work with the tools he’s got, I agree. But he’s got Sterling on the bench (arguably one of our best players), someone who covers every blade, can do a bit of everything, never once let us down, and he’s starting Dowell? Doesn’t make sense to me.

He’s persevered with Silva on the left for weeks even though he’s been bang average, Matondo more than deserved to start there today after last week.

Started Lawrence ahead of Cantwell last Sunday for some reason, Whilst Lawrence has his attributes Cantwell is an all round better player and would thrive in that kinda game with crowd behind him etc

Then there’s Roofe who never even made the cut for last week, get he might no be 100% match fit but surely in the name a Jesus a 50% Roofe is better than dessers? The only striker in the history of the game that misses chances that are easier to score.

Was very surprised there were no changes in midfield at HT. If I could see that I'm sure the gaffer could too.

The fact he didn’t even shake the county managers hand shows a lack of class & a sore loser for me.

His team selection the past 2 weeks have been beyond baffling.
He most certainly did shake the County managers hand. It was done up the tunnel away from the cameras. In fact, he was credited by the radio media who witnessed it just how magnanimous clement actually was.

Was very surprised there were no changes in midfield at HT. If I could see that I'm sure the gaffer could too.
Always try and give benefit of doubt on these things, he’s manager of Rangers - he obviously knows more about the game than me, but it was plain to see a change was needed. Was shocked to see the same lineup come out.

Dowell before Sterling is seriously bonkers.

Back