The Clement Honeymoon is Over

That's because we haven't nailed the real culprits yet. Thankfully Barisic is away (though what the f*ck he was doing in today's team is anyone's guess). We will get rid of Lundstram easily enough. We really need to focus on ridding the club of our current captain and vice-captain, the pair of them a cancer of mediocrity and selfishness. Two players who have made it quite clear they don't have it within themselves to give two f*cks about the trophies this club wins.
The only thing that gets rid of Lundstram is us not offering him enough money or sufficient contract length. We want him to sign on again so that's one position you can say we have no plans to improve.

I'll not be surprised if Goldson is still seen as part of our immediate future also.

He’s the least culpable person there. You can only piss with the cock you’ve got, and he’s been dealt a squad with a losers mentality. He’ll need a lot more than one January transfer window to set that right.
An own goal and a soft penalty to keep us in the game to a team that after going behind had not won in 45 games.
Yea it's on the Manager.
Butland up for the late corners was embarrassing.

An own goal and a soft penalty to keep us in the game to a team that after going behind had not won in 45 games.
Yea it's on the Manager.
He doesn’t have his own team yet does he? He never even had money to spend in January. This team are losers, he’s easily the least culpable person. Why is it embarrassing to send your keeper up when you desperately need a goal? That’s lost on me.

Last edited:
He doesn’t have his own team yet does he? He never even had money to spend in January. This team are losers, he’s easily the easy culpable person. Why is it embarrassing to send your keeper up when you desperately need a goal? That’s lost on me.
Did it work?

Did it work?
No. Are you saying it was therefore embarrassing to try?

Maybe we should have stopped going forward altogether since it wasn’t working too well. Or just stop trying to win the league since it doesn’t generally work for us. Not seeing the logic here.

Yea it's on the Manager.
The only thing embarrassing about Butland going up is that we found ourselves in a position which made it necessary.

We're clinging on in a title race. Why wouldn't a keeper go up for a corner in stoppage time?

Clement seems to be untouchable so far.
Yes he was left a mess by Beale.
Beale also came into a mess last year.
His record compared to Beale's after the same amount of games is worse.
Also unable to beat Celtic.

In defense of Clement if he had the players Beale had last year I think we would of won the league easily.

Colak, Sakala, Kent, Tillman, Hagi, Morelos, Arfield and Kamara.

Its actually night and day how much better last seasons squad actually was compared to this seasons.

Using the OP's logic, the honeymoon (or patience) should be over for Klopp and Arteta as of today also. Both Liverpool and Arsenal (who were at home), were overwhelming favourites to take all 3 points against (relatively) lower-ranked opposition.
Football results, like life, don't always necessarily follow the path we expect or hope for. I'm not thrilled by some of the manger's decisions recently, or even today, and hope he drops a few of the obvious non-performers.
But to suggest the honeymoon is over, is premature. Which is not a condition anyone hopes for on their wedding night.
B-D

The slump in form is pretty alarming.

But we have seen it plenty of times from these same players.

Yes I do,
Professional players are used to adopting formations. They haven’t only ever played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 they do know how to adapt.
It’s also against the second bottom team in the league. It’s not some euro power house team we are facing ffs.

People keep saying yeah it’s the same players who let the managers down, so why do the managers keep picking them?
No offence Pep but trying to come across as a better manager then Clement is deluded in the extreme

You probably couldn't manage a subutteo team

Some of our best managers have been sore losers. Our problem today and for years is having too many of the team too happy to lose.
Maybe we could have done with someone like Clement on the pitch? When we are struggling we need someone on the pitch to get the players going.

Maybe we could have done with someone like Clement on the pitch? When we are struggling we need someone on the pitch to get the players going.
I watched our players when we lost the goals very little emotion shown no leadership or finger pointing it’s the same when there’s a bad decision from an official , we just accept whatever happens look at the ground and move on,
I want aggression from our players and seeing them upset like Fergie bomber etc but this group have now became conditioned to losing and it feels normal to them .
When replacing them we need to make sure the new guys have a strong mentality and mindset that will be equally as important as there ability .

There's folk out there that think these losers will win at parkhead? I'm not even confident they'll beat Dundee on Wednesday based on that garbage yesterday, 60 million champions league money pissed down the drain thanks to the usual culprits.

The only thing that gets rid of Lundstram is us not offering him enough money or sufficient contract length. We want him to sign on again so that's one position you can say we have no plans to improve.

I'll not be surprised if Goldson is still seen as part of our immediate future also.
Lundstrum should be gone along with Goldson and Taverner we have lost to many important games because of these three if we keep them we will won nothing next season.

There's folk out there that think these losers will win at parkhead? I'm not even confident they'll beat Dundee on Wednesday based on that garbage yesterday, 60 million champions league money pissed down the drain thanks to the usual culprits.
Yes but name them I have done since last season and have been shouted down it's time the fans stood and voiced what's really in their head about the so called senior players.

Alarm bells are ringing that’s for sure. Players are absolutely to blame, but so is Clement.

What are we tactically?
There’s no real flexibility in our style, it’s just route one kick and rush in the main.

Unable to press from the front. Night and day compared to Celtic.

We have nothing in midfield.

We can’t defend.

We are just shite to watch

Aye long after the game & after he’d done his post match interview with Sky.

No handshake at the end of the game was piss poor.

Almost as piss poor as tavernier & Goldson’s defending today.
I also have it from an eye witness that, before the match, he shook hands with the entire Ross County staff and spent quite a bit of time chatting to them.
If the manager’s gut reaction after the match was to be seething at that performance, then that’s ok by me.

Last edited:
I hope you are wrong but recent history has shown that manager after manager have trusted the so called senior players quoting stats to prove they are good enough alas they have all been wrong I hope PC can now see through them.
We've been in this position for years now where we all convince ourselves that this summer will be the one that we get a clear out, and year after year it never happens.

If Lundstram gets a new deal, I'll lose any hope.

I honestly dont think Clement will want to stick around when this season ends badly. You can see already he is sick to death of the backwater scottish football is so why would he want to stick around when he could go manage another club in a Serious league.

Alarm bells are ringing that’s for sure. Players are absolutely to blame, but so is Clement.

What are we tactically?
There’s no real flexibility in our style, it’s just route one kick and rush in the main.

Unable to press from the front. Night and day compared to Celtic.

We have nothing in midfield.

We can’t defend.

We are just shite to watch

I’m not for one second saying he would’ve been a success but this is why I preferred Muscat over Clement at the time. Football nowadays is centred around pressing and speed, which the former is known for.

If we at least seen signs of what Clement is trying to do/style he is trying to implement, I suspect the fan base would be more understanding but we have seen nothing to date.

Look at that lot across the city. It pains me to say it but they have a defined style and clear way of playing. We start slow, play it long and hope for the best.

Something needs to change.

I honestly dont think Clement will want to stick around when this season ends badly. You can see already he is sick to death of the backwater scottish football is so why would he want to stick around when he could go manage another club in a Serious league.

He’ll definitely be here next season for me but beyond that I’ve got my doubts.

He’s being asked to go into next season with our best chance of winning the league again probably hoping the yahoo board are cheap skates.

The fact that they can hoover up trophy after trophy with absolutely mediocre players like Taylor, Johnstone, Scales & Idah in the side is pretty worrying. If they genuinely went for it and signed a much better quality of player we’d be in serious trouble no matter who the manager was.

At the moment he can only piss with the cock that he's got, so he can't come out and say you're no good incase he needs them to play for him.. I don't doubt for one minute big Phil and Rae see what we see.
I would assume he'll be looking to clear out the usual suspects/serial losers as soon as possible. It's just he can't right now

He’s the least culpable person there. You can only piss with the cock you’ve got, and he’s been dealt a squad with a losers mentality. He’ll need a lot more than one January transfer window to set that right.
Rubbish, it was team selections and he's making an ass of it

I also have it from a na eye witness that, before the match, he spent quite an amount of time that he shook hands with the entire Ross County staff and spent quite a bit of time chatting to them.
If the manager’s gut reaction after the match was to be seething at that performance, then that’s ok by me.
You're correct, he did spend time with the Ross county management before the match chatting and shook hands with them then. The Ross county manager has zero issues with Big Phil.

He's selecting teams from a poor squad of players though.
You will never have a perfect squad in football. Its about making the most out of what options you have available. We had more than enough options to put a team together to beat Motherwell and Ross County comfortably.

He’ll definitely be here next season for me but beyond that I’ve got my doubts.

He’s being asked to go into next season with our best chance of winning the league again probably hoping the yahoo board are cheap skates.

The fact that they can hoover up trophy after trophy with absolutely mediocre players like Taylor, Johnstone, Scales & Idah in the side is pretty worrying. If they genuinely went for it and signed a much better quality of player we’d be in serious trouble no matter who the manager was.
that lot wont want it being as close as this season and they will spend the CL cash on players well out of our range. Their fans will make sure they spend especially after this season.

We just need to hope the players they go after dont want to play in Scotland and hope that PC can find players within the budget we will have.

What can Clement do when his captain lacks the awareness to be concerned about an opponent he's faced several times and who has been difficult for him to gift Celtic a goal after 30 seconds?
Or when his vice captain jumps for a ball with his body shape in a chicken tonight dance to gift a penalty?
What can he do when his players stand and watch Celtic score immediately after we equalise?

He asks them to up their intensity against County at half time and they do the opposite

I don't know how he's managed to do as well as he has with this squad but he can't have these players starting next season. He won't last if he does.

Yes, he's at fault as well, especially for trusting certain players but some supporters really, seriously need to get over the creepy hero worship of players who can't perform against Celtic or cope with a trip to bloody Dingwall when there's a title to win

You will never have a perfect squad in football. Its about making the most out of what options you have available. We had more than enough options to put a team together to beat Motherwell and Ross County comfortably.
It was 2 different starting XIs in both those games, which kind of proves my point. Doesn't matter who he picks. We've literally been told from the horses mouths why we lose games in Scotland. I don't know how many times we need to watch it happen before the penny drops.

2 wins in 7 games. Conceding comical goals. Sending the team out with no obvious game plan and persisting with the same bottle merchants game in game out.

We’ve thrown this away and the manager has to take his share of the blame.
At what point do we stop blaming and sacking managers and have a proper clear out of the senior players who continually wilt, lose confidence and start going through the motions season after season??

From where we were to where we are now is an incredible feat and it's down to Clement. We need to back him in the summer, both financially but also with some unpalatable decisions that need to be made

I'm sad to say it but the players can only be trusted to let managers and supporters down.

In a way, the worst thing Clement could have done for himself would be to drag this team into a title fight and come up short. Belief starts to grow and unrealistic expectations set in when we still have a squad with some absolute dross in it and others have a history at falling apart anytime they find themselves in a genuine title fight during the second half of the season.

Clement's only real mistake yesterday was not starting Sterling for either Dowell or Barisic. As good as Sterling has been, yesterdays match didn't feel like one where he would have solved all of the problems.

I think Clement knew when he took over that this group were nowhere near good enough. He has been forced to rely on the injured overpaid selection of jobbers left to him by Ross Wilson and its still remarkable that he's dragged them into a challenge for the title, albeit one we look like failing at

Think back over the last 5 years (bar one) at the number of times this core of players have shat the bed in big games domestically. Its an horrendous litany of failure

In short, the manager needs tine and just as important needs to be given a chance to succeed. That means getting rid of Lundstram, Tavernier and Goldson along with the many others that are nowhere near the required level

I’m not for one second saying he would’ve been a success but this is why I preferred Muscat over Clement at the time. Football nowadays is centred around pressing and speed, which the former is known for.

If we at least seen signs of what Clement is trying to do/style he is trying to implement, I suspect the fan base would be more understanding but we have seen nothing to date.

Look at that lot across the city. It pains me to say it but they have a defined style and clear way of playing. We start slow, play it long and hope for the best.

Something needs to change.
As I said yesterday on another thread
Clement doesn't have the players to implement his style of play and is playing with the players he's got at his disposal
Winning games by any means

Sir Walter used to do the same
Alot if the time it wasn't pretty

Good chance we play them twice in the run in he needs to win at least 1 of them games or a good chance he will lose support.

Lose 2 games to them and will go into first old firm game at parkhead with no wins in 4 against them.

It's following a familiar pattern to Gio and Beale, where they both went into the seasons they got sacked under pressure to win first game against them lost and then never regained fans.

Untill we find a manager who can beat them more than they beat us we will keep changing every year or so.

I am not saying if that happens Clement will get sacked but what I think will happen if he doesnt beat them soon.

It's what cost Gio and Beale there job as if they had both been and able to win big games against celtic things would have been different.

In defense of Clement if he had the players Beale had last year I think we would of won the league easily.

Its actually night and day how much better last seasons squad actually was compared to this seasons.

Was talking to a mate last night who is one of them and he said that to me.

Said Celtic have regressed and our team of the past 2/3 seasons would have had league sewn up by now.

Untill we can start beating them in games that matter things won't change imo

I think Clement knew when he took over that this group were nowhere near good enough. He has been forced to rely on the injured overpaid selection of jobbers left to him by Ross Wilson and its still remarkable that he's dragged them into a challenge for the title, albeit one we look like failing at

Think back over the last 5 years (bar one) at the number of times this core of players have shat the bed in big games domestically. Its an horrendous litany of failure

In short, the manager needs tine and just as important needs to be given a chance to succeed. That means getting rid of Lundstram, Tavernier and Goldson along with the many others that are nowhere near the required level
Just to quote my own post - even in the year we ran away with the championship we shat the bed horrendously twice in domestic cups

It has to end, the mentality and fitness has to be transformed and the leadership group cannot be allowed to drag us down any longer

But Follow Follow favourite , Mick Beale, wanted them out and gave us Dessers and Lammers

Back