Anyone else not conceding the title

Not conceeding anything. Yesterday hasn't changed things dramatically, instead of a draw we now have to win at Parkhead, so a Rangers team should never throw in the towel when things are still this close.

This doesn't cover up the flaws we have in the team, though, as a major overhaul is needed in the Summer.

Not conceeding anything. Yesterday hasn't changed things dramatically, instead of a draw we now have to win at Parkhead, so a Rangers team should never throw in the towel when things are still this close.

This doesn't cover up the flaws we have in the team, though, as a major overhaul is needed in the Summer.
In a perverse way,maybe it’s better needing a win at the dome,rather than messing about for the draw.

Anyone conceding it is nuts IMO but there is little evidence that these players can motivate themselves to the required level to overcome what’s coming.

Any winner worth their salt would brush off this heavy criticism that they’ve brought on themselves and absolutely smash the next 6 games off to become champions but there are those within that squad that find it impossible.

We must win all 6 to take the title IMO.

Not having a dig at the OP, as I genuinely love the confidence amongst our support. But the problem is, it doesn't matter how much we believe, it's what the 11 guys on the pitch believe and what they do in 90 minutes. Time and time again they've been backed at Ibrox and away by an amazing support. An atmosphere and passion that makes the hairs on your neck stand up. And time and time again they bottle it.

Anyone conceding it is nuts IMO but there is little evidence that these players can motivate themselves to the required level to overcome what’s coming.

Any winner worth their salt would brush off this heavy criticism that they’ve brought on themselves and absolutely smash the next 6 games off to become champions but there are those within that squad that find it impossible.

We must win all 6 to take the title IMO.
I have no faith that we can get the results needed from this team.

Does that mean I have conceded

I'm not conceding yet but in a way I'd rather the Old Firm was played the first game of the split next weekend, that way if we were to draw or lose, I wouldn't have some sort of false hope that we might still win the league.

Considering it’s in our hands of course not, but then our hands are shipping points to all and sundry.
Hard to be optimistic in any way having seen this movie a lot.

You are assuming they will win all their games outwith us.
They’ll have Killie and Tynecastle to go so it’s not completely outwith the realms of possibility for them to drop something.
In that event a draw at the Paedodrome would be enough but we need to win all our other games.
They don't have Tynecastle to go to and I'm convinced we will see a carve up with them going to Dundee instead of Rugby Park.

Long way to go yet. Clement needs to figure out his best side. I think a lot of our problems are because of his chopping and changing. It simply breeds inconsistency.

With our run in, I was always of the opinion we had to beat them at Ibrox and, regardless of the circumstances, we didn’t. We then uber-cnuted it yesterday, so no, for me it’s gone.

Of course I’m not conceding but the writing is on the wall and has been since Motherwell.

A huge upturn is needed starting on Wednesday.

Like everyone on here really disappointed at the performance and result.
Why we played walking football beyond me.
Only outfield players to emerge with credit Cantwell and Sima.
I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or
Have we all just thrown in the towel?

It’s unlikely but we must keep the faith.
WATP.

Admin edit:
Please don’t post entire posts in italics.

I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or

WATP.

Admin edit:
100% I'm not conceding the title. If we beat Dundee we are 1 point behind.

Anyone who has given up has no backbone or can't deal with adversity.

I'm actually embarrassed with amount of people throwing in the towel.

Need to laugh at the ones who say the players have no bottle, etc but it clear to see who the ones have no bottle are on here .

Not conceded it but not far away from. Honestly can't see them dropping points to anyone other than us but at the same time I can see us dropping more points. Dundee is a huge game and if we don't come out firing on all cylinders then that will tell you exactly where this team is.

After clawing it back we ( again ) let them off the hook with a defeat to Motherwell at Ibrox.

Follow that up with the shit show of gifting them a goal of a start in the OF then a defeat to a team 2nd bottom of the league for the 1st time in history.

I'm a glass half full man, even with this team but there's absolutely nothing to suggest these serial bottlers have the stomach for the run in.

Fans don't have the option to concede it.

That lies squarely with the players and the manager.

Do I think these cowards will concede it? Yes, more than likely on Wednesday.

It doesn’t really matter who amongst the support is conceding the title and who isn’t.

It’s all in the hands of the players and manager, and by pissing away 8 points in our last 4 league games they’ve pretty much shown that they’ve as good as conceded it.

They quite simply don’t have it in them.

With our run in, I was always of the opinion we had to beat them at Ibrox and, regardless of the circumstances, we didn’t. We then uber-cnuted it yesterday, so no, for me it’s gone.
This is it for me as well. Don't get me wrong, I was delighted when Matondo equalised against them but I still felt with our upcoming 5/7 away fixtures, we had to beat win that game. Yesterday just hammered home it is highly unlikely we will win the league.

6 games are like 6 cup finals now ,not least beating the kiddie fiddles at their pit but its more than possible so certainly not throwing in the towel when the outcome is still in our own hands but drastic improvement needed from here in.

I won’t concede until it’s mathematically impossible, 2005 being the best example of that.

They still have to go away to Killie so it’s not nailed on that we’d need to win at the chamber.

Clement talks about marathons and sprints. We’re in the sprint now.

Or

WATP.

Admin edit:
We “must” make changes or I don’t think we will win it, drastic measures are required.

Don’t think any sane person is fully conceding the league but right now the writing looks to be on the wall again for this group of players. Until we change there will still be that scepticism from the fans.

100% I'm not conceding the title. If we beat Dundee we are 1 point behind.

Anyone who has given up has no backbone or can't deal with adversity.

I'm actually embarrassed with amount of people throwing in the towel.

Need to laugh at the ones who say the players have no bottle, etc but it clear to see who the ones have no bottle are on here .
If someone is of the honest opinion that Rangers won't win the league it's got absolutely nothing to do with bottle. It's what they think is likely to happen based on experience amongst other things.
This attitude of "battle fever" and "get the tunes on" will make no difference whatsoever.
Our players have proved time after time that they have no bottle, no winning mentality but you kid yourself on that it's otherwise if that's what floats your boat.
It's definitely not all over but the momentum has swung to Celtic and anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.

Or

WATP.

Admin edit:
This will be seen as negative but I don't see it as negative I just see it as how it is... It's as simple as this..

We need to win every game. We won't win every game.

Therefore in my mind it's done. However I'm a Rangers supporter and I'll continue to go and back us until the season ends, and live in hope.

Or

WATP.

Admin edit:
I'll support the team 100 percent, but if I'm totally honest I think it will be difficult to win the league now. Yesterday was shocking at best and not sure if the players have the mentality to come back from that performance. We live in hope, and until it's mathemitcally impossible, I won't give up yet!

You should never concede until it’s officially gone. I’m glad the boys in 2005 didn’t throw in the towel.

Or

WATP.

Admin edit:
No one is conceding. As long as it's matgemaitcally possible we must have hope. Problem is we know these players. PC has done incredible work to bring them to this point. They look like they've ran out of steam. Last week was a blow and enough to knock these guys off cilter

I am still angry at the result, the team, the performance, the lack of bottle.

But while the title is still in our hands I hold out hope
We don't need anyone else to drop points for us to take the title, we just need to win our games

I cannot stomach giving them a free ride on the European money train again next season
I just hope we can sort our shit out and win this league.

Complete lunacy to give up on the team. We all know they are not good enough but we have been in worse positions points wise with 6 games to go.

Celtic could just as easily lose or drop points at Hearts and Kilmarnock. It's a title race, too many of our fans have spent a decade wallowing in misery over embracing it for what it is.

Indeed. Win our other fixtures and draw the OF game and who says that isn't enough? The OF games have been close, it could easily but is winning the next one. If we score first their procession to the title isn't so straightforward. Just win the games until then and see what happens

Complete lunacy to give up on the team. We all know they are not good enough but we have been in worse positions points wise with 6 games to go.
This squad hasn't been though. Any time this team has been trailing Celtic, they've capitulated. Season after season. It's just silly to say 'aye but remember Helicopter Sunday' as if it's somehow relevant to Tav and Goldson.

Absolutely not conceding it. But yesterday’s result has made it less likely.

It’s over to the players now. Go out and smash Dundee with no excuses. Bring intensity, full concentration and an unwavering will to win to all of the remaining games - then we have a very good chance. Sadly I am not convinced they will do that with all of the remaining 6 games.

This squad hasn't been though. Any time this team has been trailing Celtic, they've capitulated. Season after season. It's just silly to say 'aye but remember Helicopter Sunday' as if it's somehow relevant to Tav and Goldson.
I get that but we managed to claw back an 8 point deficit already this season. We will only be one point behind if all goes well on Wednesday.

Not conceded it but not far away from. Honestly can't see them dropping points to anyone other than us but at the same time I can see us dropping more points. Dundee is a huge game and if we don't come out firing on all cylinders then that will tell you exactly where this team is.
agree cant see them dropping points ,but while they have still to go to rugby park there is a decent chance killie could draw with them ,but a rangers team that cant score no creativity in midfield and look like conceding on every attack it looks like a long shot ,but we cant give up as its still in our hands

Face reality. Its now at least 70-30 % in their favour after last week and yesterday. We had a massive opportunity to nail those baskets and we messed it up.

If you said to me when Clement was appointed that we could be within a point of the scum going into the split I would never have believed it. Win at the paedodome and we will win the league. I have not given up hope. C‘Mon the Gers! We can still do this.

Yesterday I’d thrown the towel in. It was a knee jerk reaction. If we can get a reaction and win on Wednesday then it’s 5 games to go with 1 point in it and a head to head still to go. We probably won’t win all 6 but likewise they probably won’t win all theirs. So there is a chance, but less of a chance than yesterday.

There will be twists and turns in this title race still to come. We’ll need to wait and see how the twists and turns fall. This group of players probably play their best stuff when behind in the league. We’ll need to see if we can conjure a run now to the end of the season.

It’s been notable the last 5 or so weeks that we are not dominating the midfield. We might need to change it up, personally I would rather we revert to a 4-3-3 to make us a bit more solid and less likely to get hit on the break.

I won’t concede until it’s mathematically impossible, 2005 being the best example of that.

They still have to go away to Killie so it’s not nailed on that we’d need to win at the chamber.

Clement talks about marathons and sprints. We’re in the sprint now.
Killie away will end up being their first post split game and when they win it'll be a major gut punch to so many on here who already have them beaten down there.

It's very Livingston vs Celtic, March 2022 for some on here.

We lost all our momentum with that Motherwell result then the stupidly long break until another league match (4 weeks). We have only played 3 league games in the last 7 weeks. The Dundee farce hasn't helped but neither did the international break that people thought we needed.

Should never chuck in the towel when its still in our own hands but it's become very difficult for us, our own doing with some help from outside influence

Killie away will end up being their first post split game and when they win it'll be a major gut punch to so many on here who already have them beaten down there.

It's very Livingston vs Celtic, March 2022 for some on here.
True, could go either way I suppose:

Goals win games they are capable of scoring more than they lose. I cannot seem them dropping points. They will see the title in their sights and go out and get it.

We had it in our sights and floundered. No way are we beating them at the piggery on current form. I have seen nothing in the last few years to inspire me that this team can dig a big time performance out from nowhere. Please prove me wrong Rangers.

Goals win games they are capable of scoring more than they lose. I cannot seem them dropping points. They will see the title in their sights and go out and get it.

We had it in our sights and floundered. No way are we beating them at the piggery on current form. I have seen nothing in the last few years to inspire me that this team can dig a big time performance out from nowhere. Please prove me wrong Rangers.
If we are allowed to score first then it becomes a very different fixture .

We will not win the title this year, unfortunately. Yesterday's match didn't cause it, but it sealed it for me.

We are not good enough going forward and are terrible at the back. That does not win titles.

I hope I am wrong, but right now there is no way we will win the league this year.

We will also be losing it to one of the worst Celtic teams in history.

Back