Anyone else not conceding the title

Anyone conceding it is nuts IMO but there is little evidence that these players can motivate themselves to the required level to overcome what’s coming.

Any winner worth their salt would brush off this heavy criticism that they’ve brought on themselves and absolutely smash the next 6 games off to become champions but there are those within that squad that find it impossible.

We must win all 6 to take the title IMO.
Your first sentence is a contradiction.
anyone writing us off is nuts - but the evidence shows why folk have written us off!

You then talk about winners worth their salt- our squad has a large number of proven losers.

sorry for the doom and gloom, but we need a miracle

No one is conceding. As long as it's matgemaitcally possible we must have hope. Problem is we know these players. PC has done incredible work to bring them to this point. They look like they've ran out of steam. Last week was a blow and enough to knock these guys off cilter
On the day of the game and aftermath there was a hugely negative attitude from 99% of posters and I might be underestimating the percentage.

It was if the title had been decided and we were gone.
Personally I can’t have it and I’ve pointed out all it needs is us to regain the winning thread we had for several months.
We can draw at the paedodrome as long as they drop something which for me is entirely possible and not improbable.

I fondly remember helicopter Sunday and ain’t for capitulating yet.

It’s at times like these you know who’s got bottle and who’s a panty-wetting drama queen.

The funny thing is, this is the second time this season we’ve been in a position where the spineless have slumped to the deck like dead jellyfish.

We’ll see…

I think the worry is that both clubs look to be heading in different directions-they look to be getting better and getting players back and we look to be close to imploding .

Of course results can change that and bring pressure back into the equation but it feels a long way away at the moment.

Going to the Piggery and getting the result we need is one thing ensuring that is going to matter because we win all our other games is another.

Yesterday was a horrendous result

I’ve 100% conceded the title as we’ve no chance of beating them at parkheed and after Sunday, we’ve given them a huge advantage
If I’m wrong, I’ll be as delighted as everyone else that supports Rangers and be happy to take abuse

We win on wednesday and we're a point behind going into the split.

It's a title race, it's never straight forward and is nowhere near over. Christ we've been further behind them going into the last minute of the last game of the season and won the league.

its not over (tho i probably said it was on sunday)
but its improbable now given the inability to a) try and b) turn up at Yahooland

Am I feck, we win our games its ours and IMO they wont be winning all of their remaining games anyway.
Do you trust this squad to win all remaining 6 games?I certainly don't.Too many times it's let down after let down from the same serial offenders.

That other lot should have to visit Kilmarnock again, where they've already lost twice this season.

We still have to win every game though (apart from maybe Parkhead if Kilmarnock do us another favour).

anyone writing us off is nuts - but the evidence shows why folk have written us off!

You then talk about winners worth their salt- our squad has a large number of proven losers.

It’s not really, I said conceding would be nuts while admitting we are up against it now thanks only to ourselves. There’s still plenty of football to be played however the run in favours them and they are already ahead but to concede while it’s still alive makes no sense to me.

All immaterial anyway, the only ones who can affect it now are the players who take to the field and if a bit of pessimism in the support is enough to knock the players off their focus for the title then they probably don’t have the wherewithal to win it anyway.

We are the same title odds now as Celtic were 9 days ago.

It is not over.

Any more performances like yesterday and it will be.

Of course I’m not conceding it, we have to raise our game no doubt about that but just remember the Celtic supporters banner at Ibrox a few weeks before Helicopter Sunday.
Mon the Gers, make more history.

Helicopter Sunday Mk 2

game by game now, any points dropped in the next few weeks and its over

but as of now we are still in with a decent chance

I'm normally very much a no surrender type of person that concedes nothing. However, this team have beaten the hope right out of me. I look at Tav, Goldson and Lundstram and see the same old losers. If it was Gary Stevens, John Brown and Ian Ferguson I would probably share the OP's optimism.

My heart is still hoping we win this league but my head is saying we'll be let down yet again by the usual suspects. It'll probably happen on Wednesday night when the bottles crash again. Clement has papered over the cracks to a large degree but I just don't see winners in this Rangers team.

People will point to the result in Betis, which was excellent. but we weren't expected to win there. We were expected to beat Motherwell and the scum at home and take care of Ross County away. When the pressure is on we don't turn up, that's the harsh reality.

I really hope I'm wrong but do even the most optimistic fans on here really see this team winning the nitty gritty games? Sorry OP, I just don't think they will.

Just as I never thought that’s the title in the bag with our two point lead, I don’t think it’s lost if we get to be one point behind provided wee beat Dundee

Like everyone on here really disappointed at the performance and result.
Why we played walking football beyond me.
Only outfield players to emerge with credit Cantwell and Sima.
I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or
Have we all just thrown in the towel?

It’s unlikely but we must keep the faith.
WATP.

Admin edit:
Please don’t post entire posts in italics.
Exactly. Why would anyone concede a title that’s in our own hands to win? The same type of person who would condemn the players and management for going the same thing, that’s who.

1 point in 9 agaist them and 2 of those games were at home.
People need to get their head out the sand.
We ain't going there snd winning.
Again.....bottling it.
Where is the fight and desire
Bust a gut ....
Some culprits ......
Stick your stats.
I want winners in my team.
And dont get me started on that starting 11
‘Stick your stats’ but you start your post with one.

It’s at times like these you know who’s got bottle and who’s a panty-wetting drama queen.

The funny thing is, this is the second time this season we’ve been in a position where the spineless have slumped to the deck like dead jellyfish.

We’ll see…
Spot on. It’s very interesting that the ‘spineless’ are the ones who criticise the players for being exactly the same.

I'm not conceding anything - not necessarily because I have high expectations of our own team, but in large part because I don't think that other lot are the world beaters they think they are. They have a bad result in them just as much as we do.

Nothing is over yet IMO, yesterday was a bitter pill to swallow yet a win midweek takes the gap to 1. If we can slip up so can they. Everything is there to be played for

I’ve 100% conceded the title as we’ve no chance of beating them at parkheed and after Sunday, we’ve given them a huge advantage
If I’m wrong, I’ll be as delighted as everyone else that supports Rangers and be happy to take abuse
100% away ye go! I accept it’s unlikely but its not impossible.

The path to the title is still there - the backpack has just got 25kg heavier though.

Beat them at the Chamber of Secrets and we can win the title.

Very difficult now imo.

Criminal to not get atleast a point yesterday and its potentially level but we need to beat them now and that's not great considering how we play against them.

I'm not confident at all, stark difference to how I felt 9 days ago but all it takes is for them to falter and we're right back in it. Yes they have improved but they are still capable of dropping silly points, maybe McInnes and the rat Naismith can do us favours.

The fact that people have more faith in Kilmarnock or Hearts beating them than us winning at the paedodome tells you that the title is gone.

We've only dropped 1 point more than them so of course I'm not conceding the title.
But I don't expect us to win it, unfortunately.

I won’t concede until it’s mathematically impossible, 2005 being the best example of that.

They still have to go away to Killie so it’s not nailed on that we’d need to win at the chamber.

Clement talks about marathons and sprints. We’re in the sprint now.
The gun went and we fell over our own feet.

We fare better as underdogs and now know there is no room for error. I hope we turn that to our advantage and find the spark that’s been missing for several games. Beating them at their pigsty and then go on to win the league would be the perfect way to end the season.

Win on Wednesday and we're a point behind with 5 games to go. You can never concede that.

The trajectory is only going in one direction however. The team did brilliantly to get to the summit, but with the league there to go and win including a key home Old Firm game all areas of the team have completely collapsed.

It's an overused accusation on here but you can't say that is anything other than a total bottle job.

I didn't think we'd get 6 from 6 (RC-Dundee). I had bad vibes about the Dundee game, the media were turning it into a grudge match. Didn't think it would have been as bad yesterday though.
I feel the Dundee saga has affected our momentum. We went behind in the league the weekend of the first postponement and have remained there.
We've lost our "buffer". If we don't get 3 points this week its over. If we do its still on.

Like everyone on here really disappointed at the performance and result.
Why we played walking football beyond me.
Only outfield players to emerge with credit Cantwell and Sima.
I could not believe the absence of Diomande could create such a hole in the middle of the park.

We can and will talk about all the reasons that this happened but I truly believe that the title is up for grabs.
I don’t believe Paedos will not drop points in the run in and we need to believe.
Obviously we need to win at the Paedodrome and if the mentality is wobbly how can we expect to win.
In saying that this is entirely possible and if we can go to Betis in a must win we can go there.
Or
Have we all just thrown in the towel?

It’s unlikely but we must keep the faith.
WATP.

Admin edit:
Please don’t post entire posts in italics.
I pray you are right, I really do but realistically it's done now, not only did we lose the advantage we gave the great unwashed the psychological advantage, how on earth we can win at the peadodome I just don't know, that said as much as this hurts I still think the direction of travel is a positive one, Big Phil isn't going to stand for that level of performance, no way did I expect to be still in with a shout while Beale was here but we are, however unlikely so it's not all bad.

I posted a thread about the reaction of the players after the old firm and got slaughtered on here for it for not allowing them to enjoy the comeback. I was angry that we had handed them the initiative by not winning that game especially with that bombscare first half and just didn’t see a group of players with steel in their belly’s and fire in their eyes burning with the disappointment of not winning because it had a big impact in the context of the title race. Could imagine the great leaders of the game being gutted that they didn’t win that.

The players don’t seem to have the fight for it. I’m not giving it up though, you never know - football’s popularity endures because it’s unpredictable so I’m hoping above hope they can turn it around and win the remaining games.

I pray you are right, I really do but realistically it's done now, not only did we lose the advantage we gave the great unwashed the psychological advantage, how on earth we can win at the peadodome I just don't know, that said as much as this hurts I still think the direction of travel is a positive one, Big Phil isn't going to stand for that level of performance, no way did I expect to be still in with a shout while Beale was here but we are, however unlikely so it's not all bad.
Could get away from the Paedodrome with a draw provided they drop more points than us from now on in.
It’s not impossible that’s the point of the thread.
No concession yet and acknowledge the possibility we can still end the season with the title.
We expect the players to keep fighting until the bitter end and our supporters should do the same.
Not too much to ask.

Definitely not conceding I don't even think it will come down to game against them as they will drop points elsewhere and no doubt pick up 1 or 2 injuries along the way carter vickers can only usually last 4 or 5 games so will be due one.
We just need to focus on winning every game including against them and we're champions it's that simple

The fact that people have more faith in Kilmarnock or Hearts beating them than us winning at the paedodome tells you that the title is gone.

This is it for me. A lot of the talk is the hope someone else takes points from them rather than ourselves. Great if it happens. But quite telling.

Could get away from the Paedodrome with a draw provided they drop more points than us from now on in.
It’s not impossible that’s the point of the thread.
No concession yet and acknowledge the possibility we can still end the season with the title.
We expect the players to keep fighting until the bitter end and our supporters should do the same.
Not too much to ask.
Oh brother I would love that, but looking at that performance I just can't see it

Back