Tav the usual we need to learn from this quickly

Tav is a running theme since he became a Rangers player, i find myself often in discussions with mates regarding Tav and feel i am in the majority. Yes for a full back his goal scoring record is ridiculous however, what record is also ridiculous is the amount of mistakes he continues to make at the back as he cant defend and has never been able to defend. People need to realise that playing Tav along with chum Goldson who hasnt kicked a ball in the past year will continue to cause the same problems.

It's the same dung he spouts after every performance like that, don't even listen to him post match same robotic nonsense. It was not a fluke result County deserved the win, we were rotten, he was putrid.

Same old shit.

Learn from the previous defeats, dust yourself off, but that has been a precursor after every defeat.

We will learn. Not.

No you fucking havent. Dont talk shite. Do you think a stadium of fans agree with you. Nup.

A presser is means nothing to me either now. All bullshit, smoke and mirrors.

I do like Tav but he is in denial and coming out with shite, every time we lose.

Not this pish we will learn from it scenario rubbish.

Well Tav, you have been beaten by a shite team, 11th in the league.

They were demoted. And you didn't turn up. Again.

That wee lady's front bottom just last week showed you up in seconds.

But, hey ho, just learn by mistakes everything will be fine next week.

My biggest fear is we win the title and the club decides to keep the core players thinking they are good enough to go another season!

But if we do win the league then what more can the core do to prove itself? Weird to be fearful that this group might achieve too much success this season..

Same old shit.

Learn from the previous defeats, dust yourself off, but that has been a precursor after every defeat.

We will learn. Not.

No you fucking havent. Dont talk shite. Do you think a stadium of fans agree with you. Nup.

A presser is means nothing to me either now. All bullshit, smoke and mirrors.

I do like Tav but he is in denial and coming out with shite, every time we lose.

Not this pish we will learn from it scenario rubbish.

Well Tav, you have been beaten by a shite team, 11th in the league.

They were demoted. And you didn't turn up. Again.

That wee lady's front bottom just last week showed you up in seconds.

But, hey ho, just learn by mistakes everything will be fine next week.
There’s not much the guy can really say though. He’s definitely part of the issue, but no player is going to stand and say they find it hard to retain their composure in the pressure of a title race, especially if he’s the captain. I understand why fans get wound up though. I just hope when the summer comes we finally shake hands with players like Tavernier, Lundstram and Goldson and say goodbye.

There’s not much the guy can really say though. He’s definitely part of the issue, but no player is going to stand and say they find it hard to retain their composure in the pressure of a title race, especially if he’s the captain. I understand why fans get wound up though. I just hope when the summer comes we finally shake hands with players like Tavernier, Lundstram and Goldson and say goodbye.

But we wont. Given that Tavs scoring rate is superb, he knows he is going nowhere. Fair play to him.

We need a right back that can defend. When Tav doesnt offer anything going forward he is a liability. Goldson needs to pull the finger out, or he can do one too.

Same, 4 players that will give 100% and at least attempt to do the basics. If Goldson was 10% of the player he seems to think he is he'd be the best centre half in Europe.
The pair of them Billy big balls types who have been running the team for 3/4 years, 55 was won despite them not because of them.

Godson literally surrendering v Hibs and ducking from a ball in the Europa final should have seen him chased.

But if we do win the league then what more can the core do to prove itself? Weird to be fearful that this group might achieve too much success this season..
We're still wearing the scars of being labeled as the worst team in CL history after winning 55. (not true, but labeled that).
We went into that season thinking that core of players were good enough.

Tav is a running theme since he became a Rangers player, i find myself often in discussions with mates regarding Tav and feel i am in the majority. Yes for a full back his goal scoring record is ridiculous however, what record is also ridiculous is the amount of mistakes he continues to make at the back as he cant defend and has never been able to defend. People need to realise that playing Tav along with chum Goldson who hasnt kicked a ball in the past year will continue to cause the same problems.
Another record which is ridiculous is that he's now on his SEVENTH manager since joining us. And if Clement doesn't recognise that this serial loser needs either (1) moved on or (2) stripped of the captaincy and shifted to RW where he can't commit any more defensive calamities, Tav will see him off the premises too.

Hardly, the goals came through having no midfield, County walked through us at ease.
Never is his fault.

He's posted missing from his position, but that's the midfield's fault.

Wasn't his fault for the Maeda goal last week either. Tbe tims only attack that position every game, amd getting joy, because they know the midfield is weak.

Rinse and repeat every season.

Never is his fault.

He's posted missing from his position, but that's the midfield's fault.

Wasn't his fault for the Maeda goal last week either. Tbe tims only attack that position every game, amd getting joy, because they know the midfield is weak.

Rinse and repeat every season.
We're not talking about last week.
He's posted missing from his position because we play him as a fuckin right winger basically until that changes he will always be caught up the park, it's not rocket science.
The manager sat and watched us being over run in the midfield and did nothing to stop it.

Pre match and post match press conferences are the most rehearsed part of football. You’re not going to get anything from them. Players and managers literally go through the motions. And it’s why moments like Keegan’s “love it” speech live on so much - it’s a break from convention.

Haven’t thrown it in quite yet…but I’ve no faith in the back four or our lightweight midfield to turn it around.

We need to start every game as if we’re two down already - and that won’t happen either.

We're not talking about last week.
He's posted missing from his position because we play him as a fuckin right winger basically until that changes he will always be caught up the park, it's not rocket science.
The manager sat and watched us being over run in the midfield and did nothing to stop it.
I mentioned yesterday. Yesterday for the 2nd he decided to inexplicably push right up the park when their right back had the ball, the ball is quicky played into midfield and quickly out to the massive space he's vacated. They knew fine well where we were weak.

The 3rd he's so far out of position again, that Goldson comes so far out of position to try and cover him. Again attacking the weak link in the team knowing they'll get joy.

2 goals that lose us the game he has a starting role in. Yet again.

Last edited:
Because I correctly assumed after 6 pages a lot more would be discussed than Tav's post match interview.

Daft question.
Fair enough. There is no need for 6 pages to be honest. He said what he has to say in this kind of interview and people angry that we lost are angry at anything that anyone says because they are angry that we lost.

Fair enough. There is no need for 6 pages to be honest. He said what he has to say in this kind of interview and people angry that we lost are angry at anything that anyone says because they are angry that we lost.
Agreed. Especially when it's the same line after every failure he plays a massive part in.

Yep, he’s not a patch on Gough or Greig where we won every single game against every single opponent.
Interesting. So you reckon this thread shouldn't have lasted 6 pages, from your last post, yet you've contributed massively for it to get that number with daft, petty arguments like that.

And honestly, it's quite embarrassing using Gough and Greig to make a sarcy point about Tav.

I'll settle for him not giving daft goals away against Ross County.

Interesting. So you reckon this thread shouldn't have lasted 6 pages, from your last post, yet you've contributed massively for it to get that number with daft, petty arguments like that.

And honestly, it's quite embarrassing using Gough and Greig to make a sarcy point about Tav.

I'll settle for him not giving daft goals away against Ross County.
It is to demonstrate how ridiculous you are being. You want a Captain who doesn’t make mistakes and wins every game. None of our captains have ever been that player.

It is to demonstrate how ridiculous you are being. You want a Captain who doesn’t make mistakes and wins every game. None of our captains have ever been that player.
Thats a pathetic, low brow attempt at shutting down the debate.

Like, really pathetic.

I remember Richard Gough’s form going downhill for 6&7 iar big style

Difference was we were able to improve his defensive partnership each year. To be fair to Goldson only the season we signed Helander, Balogun and Bassey did we improve what was around him. And look what happened……

Same verbal garbage ,different day.
I,m sick ,sore and tired listening to him and watching him being totally out of his depth as a defender.
If it wasn't for his ability at free kicks he wouldn't be on the pitch .
Should have been punted after 55 imo and Goldson along with him.

Back