Oli McBurnie & Paddy McNair

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would bump this.

This is to highlight the fact that if we have not contacted Paddy McNair, it is borderline negligent.

He has finally settled into playing one position at CB and Boro fans are raving about him. Premier League Clubs are interested. He is out of contract in a matter of weeks. He is as big a Rangers man as you or I.

We need a spinal rebuild. I would be replacing Goldson with McNair of a deal could be done.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would bump this.

This is to highlight the fact that if we have not contacted Paddy McNair, it is borderline negligent.

He has finally settled into playing one position at CB and Boro fans are raving about him. Premier League Clubs are interested. He is out of contract in a matter of weeks. He is as big a Rangers man as you or I.

We need a spinal rebuild. I would be replacing Goldson with McNair of a deal could be done.
Only 28 I see. I'd bring him in 100% and McBurnie too.

Having watched McNair for years with NI. Absolutely no, we can do a lot better.
His versatility is what has hindered him with NI.

I have watched him play RWB, CB, DM, AM all for NI.

He has finally settled as a CB at Boro and has been a mainstay at that position. Having focused on that, he is right now well above what we have available to us.

He has finally settled as a CB at Boro and has been a mainstay at that position. Having focused on that, he is right now well above what we have available to us.
He's been an absolute passenger the past couple of years for NI, for a senior player in the team, I think the youngsters in our midfield have more about them. As for Boro, they should of been promoted last year when he was barely playing. Having been to a few games most Teesiders I spoke to weren't having him. He's now back in the team and they're nowhere near playoffs this year. We can do better. I think this is just sentimental thinking because he's an Ulsterman.

Would take them both on free transfers, Ben Johnson from West Ham be a good signing too and I’d even take Ben mee in as a mcauley type signing

McBurnie is no step-up from what we have, and what we have isn't good enough.

McNair, I'd listen to the case for him but not McBurnie. Injury prone and technically worse than most of our current strikers, who are quite bad.

McBurnie is no step-up from what we have, and what we have isn't good enough.

McNair, I'd listen to the case for him but not McBurnie. Injury prone and technically worse than most of our current strikers, who are quite bad.
McBurnies last serious injury was in 21/22 season

Incredible that supporters can see a squad loaded up with bang average, middling efl level players on high wages because of where they are coming from, as well as having very little sell on value and think the solution is to add two more of them.

No harm to McBurnie and McNair but that's a market we need to be moving away from.

McBurnie is a good option for certain situations (such as yesterday) but not sure we could justify him being our starter and he’d probably want the wages where he’d have to be

I wouldn’t sign any of them, if we were to sign one of them then I would go for McBurnie at a push as a back up striker. We have to move away from signing championship players, Christ Mikey Johnstone for them went down in January and has been a standout for West Brom fs and he was shite.

Our salvation lies with a culture , a pride and an attitude .
Not with individual players .
With our fan base we have it within our power to maximise our potential .
It’s not about players , it’s about fuckin leadership .
On Rangers on
Did AI write that?

Our salvation lies with a culture , a pride and an attitude .
Not with individual players .
With our fan base we have it within our power to maximise our potential .
It’s not about players , it’s about fuckin leadership .
On Rangers on

No surrender!!!

Two players we have been linked with previously.

Both are available for pre contracts on January 1st.

I have seen McBurnie a couple of times this season. McBurnie for Dessers would be an upgrade.

Paddy McNair is a victim of his own versatility. Being an NI fan, I see him alot at CB as part of a back 3. He is an upgrade on Souttar, Davies and Balogun as an all round Defender.

1 Scotsman & 1 Ulsterman. Both Rangers fans.

Would we be happy with these two on a free?
Don’t want either, I’d suggest the manager will have other players in mind.

I wouldn’t sign any of them, if we were to sign one of them then I would go for McBurnie at a push as a back up striker. We have to move away from signing championship players, Christ Mikey Johnstone for them went down in January and has been a standout for West Brom fs and he was shite.

Good point this. Mikey Johnston has completely blown the idea out of the water that if a player looks good in the Championship, he will clearly do well for us or them. Tbf there are countless other examples of this too. It is much, much easier to excel at a club with little to no expectations than it is to excel at Rangers or Celtic. McBurnie reminds me of Kyle Lafferty both as a player and a person. I would fully except him to come up here, score about 10 goals a season, and generally act like a total idiot.

An average hit rate of 1 in 6 is not good enough to be our main striker.He could be a disruptor making space for others but i wouldnt be keen on paying big money for him.

Both are no brainers, as much as shankland, as much as lewis ferguson was. Yet we'll sign some random foreigners for people to get excited about.

I find it hard to judge McBurnie as anytime he's been in the EPL its generally been with a poor side who don't give him anything. I've actually been pretty impressed with him in a few isolated performances this season. He certainly puts himself about, hassles defenders and works hard.

If the wages were agreeable, I'd absolutely take him providing we are signing a better quality striker to be the main man.

He’s played 6 games in 6 months? Hes a good player and I would consider him as a signing, but you’re massively exaggerating his form.

Here’s a decent article on him https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...n=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Come on guys, steady there. Was yesterday no bad enough, without starting a conversation today about wanting to bring Ollie McBurnie to Rangers. The guys a good Rangers Supporter, so it shows he does have good taste, but ........ wanting to sign him, surely no, no even though he's out o' contract. FFS, he couldnae hit a coos erse wi a banjo. Surely after the mistakes from Beale's tenure at Rangers, we can't afford more mistakes and we need to go out and sign a 'proven goalscorer', I totally appreciate we're not in our best financial position we've ever been in, but a good striker is a must. Whether that is Shankland, Miovski or whoever, we need to spend. I've seen the argument on FF about Shankland not meeting Rangers model regarding, age, sell-on etc., but I don't think Bayern Munich thought twice about spending 90/100 million quid on Harry Kane at 29, they weren't considering sell-on, they just wanted a proven goalscorer. No argument that neither Shankland nor Miovski are in Harry Kane's class, but it's horses for courses, we can't afford to shop in Harrods, but if we want a decent striker, we're gonnae have to pay. Ollie McBurnie, he seems a decent enough guy, but a no for me.

We need a Scottish core.

Che Adams is another available on a free I give serious consideration to.

Can’t be worse than half the journeymen we currently have.

Imagine this board when we were signing John Brown or Ian Ferguson.A couple of cart horses from Dundee and St Mirren would have been the cry.
In saying that I have doubts about Mcburnie but would take Paddy McNair in a second

Both are no brainers, as much as shankland, as much as lewis ferguson was. Yet we'll sign some random foreigners for people to get excited about.
I was never overly interested in Lewis Ferguson, but he's clearly done well & is now beyond our budget.

At full time yesterday I would have taken his Da' and his Uncle...

McNair is a Northern Irish Ross McCrorie. Not a bad player at all but not what we need to move forward.

Free Agents is where we need to be looking at again due to the amount of players coming in and out!

Not sure McNair is good enough and as for McBurnie his wages at Shef Utd would make it a non starter for someone who would be 3rd choice for us. A good option though just like Ida has been for that lot

Che Adams would be a good signing for us on a free but again wages would make that difficult.

Other noticeable players out of contract:
Ben Johnson
Steven Alzate

As for the arguement to Scottish players, Shankland, Watson and Miller should all be looked at

There are a lot of very good foreign players we should be targeting - but I'm not in any shape or form turning my nose up at McNair and Shankland in particular. One out of contract and the other only a year left and by all accounts would crawl to Ibrox. Some daft Italian team would probably give us our money back on Dessers.

McBurnie not so much.

I am ready now for a McCoist, Mols, Negri, Jelavic striker. I remember people used to say they do fck all but score goals. I have had enough of the Dessers, Silva, Lammers where we are told it is what they add to the overall team that counts. Heard the same about Gabriel Jesus and Havertz as well.

If we sign McBurnie the only difference next season compared to this is our carthouse centre forward will understand the support slagging him off when he misses 10 chances a game.

As for McNair - absolutely not. No more Championship/failed EPL players on high wages with little resale value.

Buy young prospects to sell on for a fee.

Back