Oli McBurnie & Paddy McNair

McBurnie will probably be on £50k+ and in truth isn’t very good. He’s not a man who is going to get us 20+ goals a season. Even if he was willing to take a wage cut, he’d end up out top earner and that money cans definitely be spent better.

Our salvation lies with a culture , a pride and an attitude .
Not with individual players .
With our fan base we have it within our power to maximise our potential .
It’s not about players , it’s about fuckin leadership .
On Rangers on
tumblr_okwtjd4aQ81qmob6ro1_500.gif

Would take both.

Think they’d be very good players up here. Would be ideally suited to the league.

I reckon both would walk in to our starting 11 (granted, I could too).

No doubt Clarke will have his favourites...
Porteous playing international football ahead of Souttar kind of tells you something is a wee bit smelly.
Porteous hasn't let him down since being selected, Clarke is loyal to players who do the job for him, since Porteous has been back in squad Scotland have been unbeaten in competitive matches, why would he change the defence?

I’d be happy with these. Lundstram out of contract so perhaps that opens a space for McNair. Not sure how McBurnie would fit in though - but I watched him a couple of times last season and he was good, a real handful.

Porteous hasn't let him down since being selected, Clarke is loyal to players who do the job for him, since Porteous has been back in squad Scotland have been unbeaten in competitive matches, why would he change the defence?
Maybe I'd have hoped a manager would always pick his strongest team / best players to give him the best chance of success. Sure, he might have got away with it playing Porteous but he is not as good as Souttar in any shape or form.

Ps. Maybe there is better than Souttar also but that's not Porteous.

Maybe I'd have hoped a manager would always pick his strongest team / best players to give him the best chance of success. Sure, he might have got away with it playing Porteous but he is not as good as Souttar in any shape or form.

Ps. Maybe there is better than Souttar also but that's not Porteous.
The manager seems to know what he's doing so far so doubt he will be changing what's working for him and if anyone thinks he's picking porteous over Souttar simply because Souttar is at Rangers they are kidding themselves on imo.

The manager seems to know what he's doing so far so doubt he will be changing what's working for him and if anyone thinks he's picking porteous over Souttar simply because Souttar is at Rangers they are kidding themselves on imo.
The manager absolutely does not know what he is doing. He is clueless based on every match we have played this season.

it has plenty to do with it, he would be a upgrade on dessers for a start
So we accept someone who isn’t good enough to play for us because he’s slightly better than someone else who isn’t good enough to play for us?

Couple of points based on some of the posts above:-

1) McBurnie won’t be on anything like £50K a week.

2) He is also playing in a league most of our squad wouldn’t get a sniff of playing in at the moment.

3) Ally McCoist only scored 8 goals in 56 games for Sunderland before joining us.

On Rangers on
Who knew Mr Struth has a FF account?

McBurnie will probably be on £50k+ and in truth isn’t very good. He’s not a man who is going to get us 20+ goals a season. Even if he was willing to take a wage cut, he’d end up out top earner and that money cans definitely be spent better.
He can header which is an improvement on Dessers .

So we accept someone who isn’t good enough to play for us because he’s slightly better than someone else who isn’t good enough to play for us?
He would score in Scotland
Knows what it means to be a ranger
Were missing scottish players
Walter always had a few in his teams
Now we turn our noses up at
It's snobbery Shankland would be another we should have signed
Die hard Rangers fan even if he wasn't playing every week he would do a job like Boyd

McBurnie would be outstanding for us

I'd just love to see him bounce Scottish jobbers about like a basketball.

He'd be a hate figure up here too.

Would be good fun.

On Rangers on

giphy.webp

If there’s a chance of getting both in January for a small fee I would. Both are upgrades on what we have in the squad just now.
McBurnie - replace Dessers or Lammers
McNair - Lundstrum or Jack (both ooc next summer and will hopefully be moved on)

On Rangers on
What?

Seriously?

He's absolutely garbage that's why.
He currently plays at a higher level than any of the strikers in the last Scotland squad.

He scored 15 goals last season.

Adams scored 5
Dykes scored 8
Nisbet scored 12
Shankland scored 25 (albeit at a much lower level).

McBurnie might not be a world beater, but we need Scottish players and he would score in our shitey league no bother. A big pain in the arse wind up merchant is exactly what we're missing up front just now and the utter guff defenses he'd face up here wouldn't be able to cope.

How many, if given the choice right now, would swap him for Dessers? I think most of us would.

Anybody thats a fan should be signed according to posters on here. It doesnt matter if they are good enough as long as they are Scottish and a fan thats the main criteria.

I'd take McNair but in no way would I take McBurnie... Bear or not he only finds the net about the same amount as Lammers. We need better strikers.

Back