I'm ashamed of the game in Scotland now.

Bobby Russell

As the title says, recent events in Scottish football have actually made me ashamed of the game up here.

From a non Rangers point of view, I can see the hatred spewed towards your club from all angles. I sit and cringe at Motherwell v Rangers games at the abuse hurled at your players from a large section of well fans and its happening at every ground now.

Also from the media and the officials,they are not hiding their sheer hatred towards Rangers, all orchestrated by the mob from the East end.

The way I see it is that the hatred aimed at Rangers is an attack on the Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist community and fans of other clubs who are members of the PULSE community need to wake up and see this.

As the title says, recent events in Scottish football have actually made me ashamed of the game up here.

From a non Rangers point of view, I can see the hatred spewed towards your club from all angles. I sit and cringe at Motherwell v Rangers games at the abuse hurled at your players from a large section of well fans and its happening at every ground now.

Also from the media and the officials,they are not hiding their sheer hatred towards Rangers, all orchestrated by the mob from the East end.

The way I see it is that the hatred aimed at Rangers is an attack on the Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist community and fans of other clubs who are members of the PULSE community need to wake up and see this.

Good post BR - It looks like you are in the minority though.A country that's hating itself to death and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
The fact that the biggest club in the country is still here and trying to get back to the top really irks them..................

Thanks for the support Bobby. There’s not many non bears willing to be fair & objective.
RESPECT mate.

The officials don't even try to hide it anymore (read the bottom for the list of errors from this 1 game).

The aberdeen fans get away with singing about the Ibrox Disaster - no mention of this in the mhedia.

The mhedia then lambaste Gerrard for saying that the world was against him - he never turned round and said "Clancy is a shit ref and a cheat" - he was very calm gave his view on it which everyone else, even fucking Andy Walker ffs saw it, but Gerrard is made out to be a shit stirrer for it. Any other team and any other manager that speak out at a bad decision there is no mhedia shit storm like this.

Rangers fans (scarfers) get kicked around by organised thugs, they fight back and all you hear is how horrible the big bad proddy boys are when 2 of the arseholes get done in - and Scotland wants Rangers charged by UEFA.
It's okay though, don't worry about the Rangers fans are proddys so it doesn't matter that they got booted around - all Scotland cares about is the poor arseholes from Crotia.

Sunday alone we had to watch;
Morelos take 2 barges (one to the face) - and get sent off for trying to direct a kick out.
No card shown for the penalty when Windass has a clear goal scoring opportunity.
Mckay-Steven throws a ball a Katic's head - no card.
Aberdeen player grabs Arfield, goes head to head, Arfield stands there calmly - gets booked for that.
Jack was taken to hospital with a suspected concussion (elbow to the head and knee through the back) - referee was reluctant to give a foul and no card shown.

Really a lot of our problems stem from the mentally challengeds giving each other a hand while there seems to be a lot of infighting from our side. We are in a lady's front bottom of a situation, and how do we get out of it? Simple, we stand by one another, stand up to the separatist, nationalist mentally challenged scum and be counted, nature will do the rest.

I just don't care anymore. I used to watch other Scottish games, but now I don't see the point in giving them my view when they want the worst for Rangers and Rangers fans and also quite frankly there's a better product in almost every other country.

Used to have a spot for St. Mirren being from Paisley, but I can't even be bothered with them anymore.

Theyre club has the biggest case of sexual abuse in Scottish history an absolute disgusting act which if it was any other team religion the media would be all over it .
What they now try to do is play the victim at every opportunity to take the heat off the sex abuse scandal we re the good guys.
I know people whos children have been abused and they’re parents still go to the chapel, Mary’s and crosses all over the place that tells you how disturbing this is and that’s how the same followers in the media won’t say a word.
Brain washed to f@@k.

The officials don't even try to hide it anymore (read the bottom for the list of errors from this 1 game).

The aberdeen fans get away with singing about the Ibrox Disaster - no mention of this in the mhedia.

The mhedia then lambaste Gerrard for saying that the world was against him - he never turned round and said "Clancy is a shit ref and a cheat" - he was very calm gave his view on it which everyone else, even fucking Andy Walker ffs saw it, but Gerrard is made out to be a shit stirrer for it. Any other team and any other manager that speak out at a bad decision there is no mhedia shit storm like this.

Rangers fans (scarfers) get kicked around by organised thugs, they fight back and all you hear is how horrible the big bad proddy boys are when 2 of the arseholes get done in - and Scotland wants Rangers charged by UEFA.
It's okay though, don't worry about the Rangers fans are proddys so it doesn't matter that they got booted around - all Scotland cares about is the poor arseholes from Crotia.

Sunday alone we had to watch;
Morelos take 2 barges (one to the face) - and get sent off for trying to direct a kick out.
No card shown for the penalty when Windass has a clear goal scoring opportunity.
Mckay-Steven throws a ball a Katic's head - no card.
Aberdeen player grabs Arfield, goes head to head, Arfield stands there calmly - gets booked for that.
Jack was taken to hospital with a suspected concussion (elbow to the head and knee through the back) - referee was reluctant to give a foul and no card shown.
Rangers should ensure Kevin Clancy is never allowed to referee in Scotland again. The incidents from the sheep game were a disgrace and prove he is not capable of the task set of him.

Every single person in my homeland (myself included) who did not attend a bigot factory, needs to think long and hard about what we’ve allowed them to do to our culture in our country.

Great post @Bobby Russell.
You have no idea how refreshing it is to hear it from a non Rangers fan.
I've recently been in the company of an Aberdeen fan and a Dundee United fan and both gave the same opinions of just being scunnered with it all and the game being run for the benefit of the mentally challengeds.

Unfortunately, guys like you are a tiny minority. It's not arrogant to say that other fans are fine with their own clubs suffering so long as Rangers are being kept down.
These fans demanded a kangaroo court sat in judgment of Rangers, in spite of their club officials warning them of the harm to themselves.

It can't have been good for you to see a bit of normal fan rivalry and banter becoming the pure hatred we see now.
Rest assured though, it is not only your fellow Motherwell fans who have changed.

I said this on Sunday's match thread but I'll say it again.

Sunday afternoon Jon Flanagan went over to collect the ball from a young boy who was standing beside his father at the game, for a throw in.

When JF gets over to him, the boy throws the ball away much to the delight of his father and those around him. An innocent bit of banter you might say, and on the face of it, it is.

However I also take myself back to my first Rangers game, Rangers versus Patrick Thistle (5-0 April 1996). Partick Thistle walked out onto the pitch that day and as a 7 year old boy I stood up and booed them. My old man gave me a clash and told me not to as it's disrespectful.

Did I have a harsh up-bringing? Was my father a bit too hard on me on that occasion?

I don't think so, and that's the difference in Scotland today, the youth are actively encouraged to hate Rangers and nothing is off limits when it comes to us.

Had I thrown the ball away like that from any player in 1996 I suspect I'd have received a good thump.

Said it umpteen times before, the Rangers support is the last visual and vocal opposition against the mentally challenged/ nationalist agenda.
They tried to destroy us because of that, and almost succeeded.
We are the antithesis of all they stand for and represent, they still want us dead.

Putting aside the more complex post-devolution socio-political issues, I think there is simply a sense of outrage that Rangers survived, continue to play football and actually look like recovering much of its old strength and swagger.

This is an affront to all those who firmly believe that we cheated, a position that is routinely reinforced by the media and will likely only intensify as the full horror of a winning Rangers becomes closer and closer to reality.

Fair minded supporters like the OP are a very small minority from what I can see, but that's okay, because the implosion of bitterness and resentment from that vast swathe that make up the rest of the collective Scottish football fraternity will be all the sweeter when we finally clinch 55.

I have lived in England for almost half my life and even down here, our country is going to the dogs. Scotland On the other hand also is being strangled by hatred, over and above the poor economic and social conditions that face the whole UK.

Exactly. It’s my country & ive grown to despise it the way Protestant / Unionist people have been demonised.

I just don't care anymore. I used to watch other Scottish games, but now I don't see the point in giving them my view when they want the worst for Rangers and Rangers fans and also quite frankly there's a better product in almost every other country.

Used to have a spot for St. Mirren being from Paisley, but I can't even be bothered with them anymore.

This, a hundred times over. I used to go to virtually every away game, and attend numerous others as a neutral. Now I only go to Ibrox and watch the juniors if we don’t have a game. (A combination of the clubs who tried to kill us not receiving another penny from me, and me being sick and tired of the petulant $hite that is directed at us wherever we go.)

I am old enough to remember when Scottish football was held in high regard across the UK and beyond. In recent years the respect was replaced by indifference. The televising of matches from our top league where empty seats greatly outnumbered the occupied ones underlined the poverty of our game. Instead of those who are charged with the responsibility of being the custodians of Scottish football being relieved, if not glad, that Rangers through their attendance figures both home and away, along with the value that the club should bring to television deals etc , the same custodians have gone out of their way to inflict damage to our club. Anyone with half a brain would see the potential benefits that the arrival of Steven Gerrard would bring to football here in Scotland. However, it hasn’t taken long for the criticism to surface and a campaign of fault finding is already underway. If respect for Scottish football was replaced with indifference, the indifference is likely to be replaced by derision unless the negativity, shortsightedness and hatred that exists can be remedied. It is difficult to be optimistic while the quality of the people currently in office continues to be unimpressive while at the same time, many in the media, fail to grasp that it is in the interests of their employers and themselves, on a personal basis, to question if their priorities are what they should be.

A combination of our demise, the SNP coming in to power, the Independence and Brexit votes has left this country in turmoil.

THEY now think they run this place and who can blame them when the authorities look the other way depending on your allegiances.

It is not an even playing field and i can only see it getting worse.

Anything from minor to more severe incidents get ignored or deflected when it's them but when it's us reports are misconstrued and blatant lies are spread to make it appear worse than it actually is.

It's a smear campaign and it has clearly worked.

Last edited:

Bobby, what’s your feeling in terms of the percentage of Well ( and any other clubs you know fans from ) fans that see this the way you do ?
We feel it’s coming from everywhere, but do you at a more local level feel that there’s a silent minority that see it as you do ?

The paranoia on here is breath taking. The reason we as a club are treated unfairly is not the fault of Devolution, Scot Nats, or because we are looked upon as unionist/loyalist/Protestant. It’s the fault of us, club board over the years doing nothing, the fans doing nothing. We keep feeding those that hate our club, what do you expect the haters to do with such mealy mouthed foes?

The whole country is a bogey now, not just Scottish Football

It's only a matter of time before a section of Yes #indyrefblahblah become militant

That Independence referendum split the country in half (well, just over half :)) and it's been horrible ever since

When I 1st visited the War Office in Motherwell over 35 years ago, the thought of Motherwell fans who drank in there spitting the venom of today was unthinkable.

This can only be fix by the good people of Scotland ....Start by voting our haters out in every election, stop letting the tail wag the dog and make sure every Rangers/Pulse supporter uses their vote and not sit on their archies and allow this continued demonization of a large part of Scottish people.

Vote our haters out.

A combination of our demise, the SNP coming in to power, the Independence and Brexit votes has left this country in turmoil.
We were doomed after their rise to power, now though, even if we bin the SNP at the next vote the options in Labour aren't much better with Corbyn the jew hater and IRA lover.
The mhanks are everywhere, parasitic.
We always have the Torys...
*Not looking for a political debate - just adding my 50p worth*

Win 55 and keep them away from CL money for 2 or hopefully 3 seasons and watch what happens.
Sunday could turn in2 a God send for the club & team.
Plenty more external eyes now on our game.
We must fight back from top to bottom.

The paranoia on here is breath taking. The reason we as a club are treated unfairly is not the fault of Devolution, Scot Nats, or because we are looked upon as unionist/loyalist/Protestant. It’s the fault of us, club board over the years doing nothing, the fans doing nothing. We keep feeding those that hate our club, what do you expect the haters to do with such mealy mouthed foes?

Disagree SJ. I do agree we were negligent but that just allowed their aggressive propaganda campaign to be more successful more quickly.

We’ve been in a war for over a decade & didn’t actually know it.

A lot of very good posts on this thread.

I genuinely care nothing for any other club in Scotland, never have, the only Scottish football I watch is Rangers, I was done with the national team many moons ago too but ironically as the game implodes off the park, on the park Scottish football seems to be getting more competitive, I even found myself wishing all our clubs through in Europe, I don't think I've ever done that before.

Sunday was bad, however I took the positives from it, the display, the battling qualities, the managers reaction I'm buoyant by what we are doing and where we appear to be going.

I've said it before, some of our fans sing 'no one likes us, we don't care' then take offence when people display so I'm very comfortable with this fact: Everybody hates us, we are the biggest and most successful club in the land, no one wants to give us an inch, they tried to kill us & we will never get a fair shake, the sooner our fans make their bed with that the better they will be.

Like Ma Joad said in the Grapes of wrath: But we keep a'comin'. We're the people that live. They can't wipe us out; they can't lick us. We'll go on forever, Pa, 'cause we're the people.

Back