Dorrans

londonbluenose

Does he have a future with us under Gerrard?

Was buzzing when we got him last season and started off pretty well before hes injury. He has no pace and very lightweight but decent football player, be interesting to see if Gerrard will keep him and use him this season.

Thoughts?

Can only see him being back up for our current midfield trio.

Like what has been said already he’s never showed us anything to make it seem that he’ll force his way back into the team.

I think he's worth a go as a squad player.

Who knows he might flourish with better players around him.

He's more than good enough to be a squad man. He'll start as back up but his chance will come and it's up to him to grab it. He's technically a very good player but in recent years he isn't someone who can be relied upon due to injury problems. He's had long spells out in each of the last 3-4 seasons.

As it stands based on the first few games the only midfielder with a chance of getting in is a fully fit Rossiter. Unless dorrans can up his game drastically from last season. I see him more as a calming influence from the bench late in matches that we are up by 1 or 2 to see out.

Squad player at best.
He’ll never play as a number 10 or further forward. He hasn’t for years and won’t in the future.

Would like to see him fully fit before writing him off.

We do need someone who can find a pass in the final third, but I’m not sure he will chase press and tackle at the required intensity

Okay, but in what role?
Can’t be DM.
He’s not good enough to be number 10.
Doesn’t have the energy of Arfield or even Candeias.
Not enough pace to be wide man.
I’m struggling here, bud.
He can fill in at all the above other than the wide man, he is a very good player who plays with his head up and reads the game very well which gives him a yard start.

I think if he is fit he can do well for us. He will benefit from us having a much better squad around him.
I also think with less pressure to perform (given the stronger squad) he can work his way back properly and not rush things

He’s a good player and proved it before his injury last season .

Let’s support the guy instead of speculation about his possible demise ffs .

Looking forward to him contributing .

He'll only get near the team if he's earned it in training, so If we do see Dorrans starting at any point I'm sure we'll see good stuff from him.

Does he have a future with us under Gerrard?

Was buzzing when we got him last season and started off pretty well before hes injury. He has no pace and very lightweight but decent football player, be interesting to see if Gerrard will keep him and use him this season.

Thoughts?
Perhaps he’s huffing with his pal Lee?

Pretty sure he will get game time this season, just not as much as he would like, think it's invaluable to have guys like him about the squad, games against hamilton st mirren and the like I think we will see him.

He’s one of the most technically gifted players at the club, the idea that he’s crap has no basis in reality.

Mismanaged after returning from injury last season, before that he was starting to look really good for us.

I cant see who would be dropped for him..Coulibally, Jack, Arfield, Ejaria, McCrorie will all be before him in the pecking order.

Gerrard rates Dorrans but will need to complete his pre season fitness program. Discussed on a thread before, we'v never seen a fit GD. Had no pre season the season he joined, joined 2 days after Progres away. When returned from injury thrown straight back in twice. Few more weeks with Milsom and he will be chomping

Attacking mid offers something in final 3rd.. wouldn't write him of just yet but will have to get his finger out !

When he signed I thought he was going to absolutely boss it, now I’m not sure he fits in anywhere I’m out team when he’s fit.

Gerrard rates Dorrans but will need to complete his pre season fitness program. Discussed on a thread before, we'v never seen a fit GD. Had no pre season the season he joined, joined 2 days after Progres away. When returned from injury thrown straight back in twice. Few more weeks with Milsom and he will be chomping
But he's shite apparently. Well down the pecking order according to the experts on here. The same experts saying Jack had no future here.

It’s a marker of where we are that we now have Dorrans as back up instead of our marquee signing.
I believe he has a lot to offer when fit as backup or for specific rolls, as and when the management see fit.

Back