Dorrans

Indeed mate.

I've been consistent from the start with Dorrans. Didn't think he was s good signing in the first place and I still stand by that. The likes of him and Murphy are not up to the required standard for what we need - which is titles. Fringe players now and probably moved on in Jan or next summer.
Defo.
Nothing against the guys but i dont think they have the stamina, staying power etc to do it week in week out.
I would pressume they are on between 15k and 25k per week.I really dont see what they bring to the table.
To win the league you need big performers and players who will dig deep when the chips are down.
To an extent the old firm games last season gave us an indication

More than capable player if wemake the Europa group stages we'll be fighting on 4 fronts football in this day and age is all about having quality squad not just a quality starting 11

Imo he has been awful and not worth what we paid or what he probs earns. Definitely on the decline unfortunately

FFS, planning for a new whipping boy!:)
I’m not into whipping boys mate :Dsome of the crap our players have to put up with from so called Bears is a disgrace. There isn’t anything JW can do without getting it tight, even when he was on his goal run last season he was being abused

Id like to see him 100 % fit , doing what the gaffer says and who knows he might be a better player under a better manager

I know Graham’s family in the east end of Glasgow and they were over the moon when he signed for his boyhood heroes. It didn’t work out well at all last season, but a fully fit, fully focussed Graham Dorrans can still be a big asset for us.
Get fit Graham and go prove yourself son !!

It’ll be interesting to see how he does when he is fit and is playing alongside better players.

Personally, going on last season, I think his ship has sailed - especially considering the injuries.

Personally, I was thrilled when we got Dorrans last year. However, on reflection I probably expected too much from him. I wanted/expected him to dominate the midfield, make tackles while offering a killer pass and a creative spark. Others maybe felt the same hence the criticism and disappointment. Obs the injury wrecked his season as well.

But, some of the quality additions we have made I think he would be great as a number 10 behind the striker. Playing in the role Ejaria has. Most likely the two would be rotated. His performance against Hearts at the tail end of last season was outstanding and if he gets fit definitely has the ability to do a turn for us this season.

I haven't really followed Dorrans' career so i viewed his signing as 'wait and see'. He had a very unlucky first year, ended by one of many unpunished assaults last season and what he did show was nothing more than decent overall. Thought he was rushed back at the tail end and played like it.

With all the new additions to midfield and the return of Ryan Jack i hadn't really considered him, but it was interesting to hear Scott Arfield on his Ladbrokes interview, he made a point of singling out Dorrans with regards to midfield options, with the now familiar caveat 'if he's 100% fit...'.

Until he gets to that point it's still 'wait and see' for me.

Arfield was full of praise for him in his Ladbrokes interview. Personally I hope he has another chance to prove himself under new management
I noticed that too. Might just surprise a few people on here this season. Excellent footballer.

I can see Dorrans getting games in a playmaker role IF he gets a mini preseason on him. If we can go into the group stages of the Europa there will be ample opportunities for squad rotation now and again.

I can’t see Dorrans bring fit enough to play the way Gerrard wants. Maybe coming off the bench but think is game time is limited at best

Dorrans defo has a role to play if he can get himself fit. We are hopefully going to have a lot of games this season and he is the type of quality needed in the squad.

Dorrans is the only midfielder we have on the books who has proved he can shoot. The rest of them are absolutely powderpuff!
I expected better from Dorrans last year, but still felt you could see he was a player. If I’m not mistaken, his injury came just after a MOTM display up in Perth and I felt he was getting into his stride.
I think he has way more to offer than people think on here.

If he can ever stay fit he'll need to improve significantly to earn a place in the team. It's entirely up to him to get himself to that level and if does, then it only benefits us having him as an option. Can't help but feel that his legs may be gone with all these injuries.

Dorrans will thrive under Gerrard if he gets the 10 position. I'm happy to take pelters if I'm wrong.

Dorrans is the only midfielder we have on the books who has proved he can shoot. The rest of them are absolutely powderpuff!
I expected better from Dorrans last year, but still felt you could see he was a player. If I’m not mistaken, his injury came just after a MOTM display up in Perth and I felt he was getting into his stride.
I think he has way more to offer than people think on here.
agree mate thought he was excellent up there that night,

Also hes goal at firhill was a corker.

I think Dorrans deserves a chance, he had a bad injury and never fully recovered before being thrown back in.

If Gerrard wants him, he'll play. I still believe he could be a major asset for us.

I would like to see him 100% fit . I feel he has been unlucky . He was brought back last season by Murty ,like a few others, too early and he did not look great .I feel if he gets fully fit he will play a part this season. Our midfield is stronger this season so I can't see him being a first pick but he could be a very good squad player.

His Engine is running on 3 x
Cylinders he’s done .
Much like Kranjcar with less skill but slightly more fitness he won’t play much for us again.

If Dorrans was fit he would step in for Jack Thursday, none of us really know Gerrard's thoughts but the fact we have Halliday as back up to the midfield yet Dorrans won't get in the squad is a mystifying opinion

Back