Just watched parts of the game again

austrianger32

...while having a beer with my old man and after reading many comments about our players today. It was - in a certain way - hard to watch, but I will say one thing (without saying that we were flawless):

Anyone who branded any of our players bottlers, (serial) losers, bottle merchants etc. should take a long look at themselves.
no one of them was below 6/10 today!

I am now looking forward to Thursday and I am confident we will get the job done.

Last edited:
...while having a beer with my old man and after reading many comments about our players today. It was - in a certain way - hard to watch, but I will say one thing (without saying that we were flawless):

Anyone who branded any of our players bottlers, (serial) losers, bottle merchants etc. should take a long look at themselves.
one of them was below 6/10 today!

I am now looking forward to Thursday and I am confident we will get the job done.
well said mate

Have to agree. Even the 'goal' was well-defended. Held the line well. The officials did not do their job. But we really need to start putting teams away.

It was such a strange game for me today, extremely proud of the players, and we still lost. I cannot remember watching ANY game in which we dominated them so much and did not win, even before 2011/12.
It was all the more strange since I watched the semifinal at Hampden and had a great trip to Scotland with two colleagues, who are no football fans but want to go back to Glasgow because of the experience :).

It's another step in right direction for our beloved Rangers,we played them off the park (a neutral would not believe it if you pointed out we were the ones searching for our first trophy in years)

All there big name (allegedly 10/20 million players etc) struggled against us,give Gerrard a blank cheque in January and and a chance to go at them.

We will get it right guys and gals,the worry for them despite the win is we bossed them,the tide is turning ,keep the faith

It was such a strange game for me today, extremely proud of the players, and we still lost. I cannot remember watching ANY game in which we dominated them so much and did not win, even before 2011/12.
It was all the more strange since I watched the semifinal at Hampden and had a great trip to Scotland with two colleagues, who are no football fans but want to go back to Glasgow because of the experience :).

Outstanding AG.

Well done on introducing new fans to our magnificent club mate.

Proud of you ;)

We’re Rangers TIL we die AG. Well said mate, despite the fact we’re all hurting like Hell tonight.

I’d still always want to be a bear than one of that mhob.
Of course Grigo,there self entitlement and arrogance will come back to haunt them one day.When the good times come back it's going to be a joy to behold.

Gerrard has sussed these bastards out and wants it as bad as any lifelong fan...keep the faith our beloved Rangers are in good hands

Of course Grigo,there self entitlement and arrogance will come back to haunt them one day.When the good times come back it's going to be a joy to behold.

Gerrard has sussed these bastards out and wants it as bad as any lifelong fan...keep the faith our beloved Rangers are in good hands

Absolutely agree RFL.

Despite today our Rangers are back. Let’s enjoy the trophies coming to us in the months & years ahead.

The fact is we are all hurting, I was impressed with how we controlled the majority of the game, we keep doing that and a little luck comes our way now and again we will be a force

We are better than them. Replay that game tomorrow and there is no way they win it. It was a freak result. They had one shot on goal and were well offside for it. Too many panty wetters on here tonight. Let’s back the team and win 55. Win our next 3 in the league and it’s a very different story for the season (que the panty wetters with “we’ll struggle to win the next game never mind two”).

We’ve come a long way in Gerrard’s 17 months in charge. We are a much better team and are consistently improving. Back the team or don’t come back.

Without a doubt we’re a better side than them. And thats not just based on todays game.

But the fact is they started with Jonny Hayes & Lewis Morgan, they’re ahead of us in the league and just beat us in a cup final.

They know how to win games.

We played well, we were massively unlucky.
It's the timing that named it fell a million times worse.
Had we won a cup last season this wouldn't feel as crushing.
The midweek draw obviously adds to it.
We really need to get over it quickly and win our 3 games b4 the piggery.
If we go there any further behind thennits game over because we wont recover from a bog deficit.

StevieG rightly calls out the players collectively when he thinks they need it. For all the “bottle merchant brigade”, I suggest listening again to his RTV reaction. He’s not any happier about the result as the rest of us but he’s got no complaints with the application of the team and he knows that overall the performance deserves a lot better.

Some people on here were fearing a tanking. Well, they scored an offside goal andone decent chance when we were chasing the game. The rest of the time we owned them and Forster had a great game and some luck on his side. His save that went under him in the first half and was cleared etc.

In the bigger picture, we are closer than today’s result suggests and only a rabid TIm could deny they were lucky/helped!

Spot fucking on our players gave there fucking all

Well said mate, you saved me spoutting jibberish. Just back from game (via pub) so fairly well oiled. But I thought we were by far the better team, and have only just seen their goal on replay - FFS only the three off, how the fcuk did someone not see that. We have come a long way in a short time - keep the faith! Night bears and still a bear when I wake up thank fcuk!

Well said mate, you saved me spoutting jibberish. Just back from game (via pub) so fairly well oiled. But I thought we were by far the better team, and have only just seen their goal on replay - FFS only the three off, how the fcuk did someone not see that. We have come a long way in a short time - keep the faith! Night bears and still a bear when I wake up thank fcuk!

Brilliant RB2. Always mate ;)

Some amount of wankers in our support forget where we came from and don't deserve to be where we are going.

Celtc fluked it today.
I'm totally convinced we have better players than them and we'll only get better.

we played really badly against 10 men for 30 minutes

what is your definition of bottler?

That was certainly the time period in the game during which we were not great - and as I said, we were not flawless (and by the way, are there any flawless team performances over 90 minutes in modern football?).

Someone who does not turn up for the occasion is a bottler - there was no single Rangers player there today in my opinion.

The effort might have been there but we need a lot more than 6/10 to win an OF Final.

Alfie, Kent, Borna, Arfield, Kamara and Aribo all have more about them than we saw today.

It wasn't a bad performance but it wasn't good enough, and we lost our way after the missed penalty.

Unlike Ibrox, at least we had a go at them today. We may have come up a little short but at least, for a large part of the game, we went down swinging.

I’ll start giivng this team plaudits when they start delivering silverware. Our club wasn’t built on playing well and losing. Not sorry.

I’m a Rangers fan mate. Win, lose or draw.

I was there when we were getting 4,000-8,000 just before Souness came & will be there until I die.

I’ve seen lots of success but some shite Rangers teams too, but I have never thought about anything other than loving & supporting this great club.

That was certainly the time period in the game during which we were not great - and as I said, we were not flawless (and by the way, are there any flawless team performances over 90 minutes in modern football?).

Someone who does not turn up for the occasion is a bottler - there was no single Rangers player there today in my opinion.

not flawless no

but we seem to have a real problem seeing a match out for 90 minutes

Good performance
Bad result
Play like that the rest of the year and we have maximum points imo.

6/10 isn’t winning standards. That’s mid table stuff. They defended well 8/10 stuff which is why they won. Their keeper gets paid to keep the ball out the net and that’s what he done. Wasn’t legendary pieces of skill from him, it was meat and drink saves or shots right at him, Barisic’s effort apart.

6/10 isn’t winning standards. That’s mid table stuff. They defended well 8/10 stuff which is why they won. Their keeper gets paid to keep the ball out the net and that’s what he done. Wasn’t legendary pieces of skill from him, it was meat and drink saves or shots right at him, Barisic’s effort apart.
So you think they won because they were better than us today? And most of our players were better than 6/10 obviously, I just wanted to point out that nobody has the right to have a go at the players today in certain ways.

I’m a Rangers fan mate. Win, lose or draw.

I was there when we were getting 4,000-8,000 just before Souness came & will be there until I die.

I’ve seen lots of success but some shite Rangers teams too, but I have never thought about anything other than loving & supporting this great club.

So am I bud, win, lose or draw. But does that mean that we should all just chuck everything behind blind faith?

I’ll support this club and team till my dying days and make sure my kids do the same. But dont expect me to be happy with losers medals no matter how we come by them.

So am I bud, win, lose or draw. But does that mean that we should all just chuck everything behind blind faith?

I’ll support this club and team till my dying days and make sure my kids do the same. But dont expect me to be happy with losers medals no matter how we come by them.

I’m not happy mate. None of us are.

We lost that game today because of a genuinely & unexplainable shocking decision which should easily have been a correct one.

They had ONE shot on target, which was that one.

I’ll criticise our players too if they let down our great club but tonight I just feel genuine sadness & support for these boys. They emptied themselves for us today imo.

WE are all gutted mate, but the abuse the players get on here (from some) is just not ok.

I’m not happy mate. None of us are.

We lost that game today because of a genuinely & unexplainable shocking decision which should easily have been a correct one.

They had ONE shot on target, which was that one.

I’ll criticise our players too if they let down our great club but tonight I just feel genuine sadness & support for these boys. They emptied themselves for us today imo.

we were crap after the penalty against 10 men

So you think they won because they were better than us today? And most of our players were better than 6/10 obviously, I just wanted to point out that nobody has the right to have a go at the players today in certain ways.
They defended better than we attacked. Absolutely. They won, we lost. We weren’t the better team - we attacked better than they did but their mentality of winning, time wasting, drawing fouls and making saves/blocks won them the trophy. The better team won. Team. Not attacking team. Team.
If the goal was flagged for offside, do we think we would have taken them in ET or in penalties?
There was no moral victory. No marker for the 30th. We aren’t a better team than them at present. They have an arrogance about them akin to that which we had under Walter in the 90’s. This isn’t a quick fix but we are improving and closing the gap. Our best chance of Silverware is the SC.

Be interesting to see what the papers give as player markings. Their so called "superstars" McGregor, forrest, christie etc were non existent! However it wouldn't surprise me if they get better ratings.

Sugarcoat it how you want to. Bit we didnt win. Until we win something these threads are irrelevant.

Back