I want us shouting from the rooftops about these decisions

TN8

Penalty at Pittodrie and 3 - fucking 3 of them blatantly offside today.

2 crucial points and a cup it's cost us in the space of 4 days.

F*ck the dignified silence. I want this mentioned in every interview and press conference by our players and manager til we go to the piggery on the 29th.

There's probably more chance of our Club apologising for somebody dropping a crisp packet near Hampden.

We do neither the proactive nor the reactive game in PR.

In fact, we don't seem to do the basics of PR that every other football clud does at all.

Which is why we are easy targets all over the shop, on and off the field.

Some posters would rather blame the players, mate. The reality is that until the ref situation is addressed, then we aren't winning individual trophies never mind League titles. The media would be going tonto tomorrow if the peasants had lost to the shocking decisions at Hampden today, especially a Rangers winning goal involving three players who were all offside.

The reality is every time we get close to them we start seeing these sort of decisions or our players start being banned by the compliance officer, it’s no coincidence.

I honestly don’t see this stopping unless the club start calling it out for what it is. This is a golden opportunity to do something.

Can you IMAGINE that had been the other way about.

But someone will be along in a minute to tell you we beat ourselves and not to blame the officials. Our fans honestly do my head in.

Other way round and its headlines for a fucking week, no doubt about it. None at all. We'll be lucky if its even mentioned tomorrow, most we'll get is probably a "hint of offside" buried somewhere in a couple of match reports.

I've spoken to 1 of them since the game and when I said we were robbed the response was 'well Morelos should have been sent off, dirty wee scumbag player'. That's all we will hear about this week, every wee niggle will be highlighted to try to even out the offside goal.

If the situation had been reversed and the Tim’s had lost like that there would have been queues of journalists, politicians etc lining up to complain. The officials would be in police protection.
This happens far too often to be a coincidence, Collum and his linesmen were all too aware of lennons comments in the morning papers. We can complain all we want, the club has to open up about this,

Yes we should've taken our chances, but their one shot on target was offside and they scored it, and the chances of us missing a second pen are slim. We were cheated.

See all the wee flippant off-hand comments on social media & in the papers about us getting all the decisions and officials favouring us? If folk think that doesn't factor into decision making for officials in high pressure games then you're wrong. A poor decision against Celtic will see the official vilified, and they know it.

The offside goal is a shocker, more than 1 we’re standing offside before the ball was kicked should have been a straightforward one for a linesman looking across.
We should demand an explanation for that. If nothing else it will highlight that yet again we’ve suffered due to bad officiating.

Other than that, not much to get excited about for me.

Scottish officials are abysmal. It’s so bad in every way it’s pathetic. For nearly 1k a game ffs.

It’s not even worth speaking out because nothing ever changes.
The same guys will make the same mistakes and the show rolls on.

The club won't say anything some will stand up and say they are right not to. It would be so easy to provide the evidence to shut people up and prove the refs are making an arse of it and we absolutely 100% should. 3 players offside. Despite all the good Forster did today he was well off his line before the penalty was hit.

Sadly the SFA refs are just incompetent. The SFA are incompetent. That won't change until they realise that it's not going to be just allowed to go on.

Is it Stewart Robertson or Dave King that should do this?

King saved us.

But maybe his successor should be UK based and fight out corner as a team, as fans, as Rangers family

Until there is a major change in the press, shouting from the rooftops will get us nowhere, we have no friends to influence.

We need to be shouting from a winning position.

We can shout all we want but you know how the media will respond. The same as you know how they would if it was vice versa. In saying that I agree with you, you've got to try. Two important games in a row now.

It's obvious you need to put officials under pressure, it worked for TLB today. We just don't play the game.

The club are going to need to get the finger out regarding this.
The poets have hounded refs / officials for years and years and this is the outcome , refs scared to give a decision against them .
It's blatant cheating

They did it with magnificent backing from their friends in the press.

Penalty at Pittodrie and 3 - fucking 3 of them blatantly offside today.

2 crucial points and a cup it's cost us in the space of 4 days.

F*ck the dignified silence. I want this mentioned in every interview and press conference by our players and manager til we go to the piggery on the 29th.
Some posters would rather blame the players, mate. The reality is that until the ref situation is addressed, then we aren't winning individual trophies never mind League titles. The media would be going tonto tomorrow if the peasants had lost to the shocking decisions at Hampden today, especially a Rangers winning goal involving three players who were all offside.

It wasn’t just the blatantly offside goal guys.

There were two other penalties we didn’t get, as well as Foster moving clearly before the one we did get.

Won't happen so don't hold your breathe
We've had fan crushing at a SPFL ground reported as an impossible thing and it took weeks for any statement. When a statement was released it had the piss ripped out it with zero retort.

We can shout all we want but you know how the media will respond. The same as you know how they would if it was vice versa. In saying that I agree with you, you've got to try. Two important games in a row now.

It's obvious you need to put officials under pressure, it weworked for TLB today. We just don't play the game.
We’ll start calling them out ffs for everything about us going forward we are so fucking slow at playing the game off field

The scottish MSM is absolutely packed to the gunnels with filth

It’s why they blanket cover any minor incidents going in our fsvour snd throw a blanket over blatant offside goals and penalty awards not given

However, you’re not wrong, OP. The club need to do far more highlighting the outrageous number of bad call “mistakes” that are costing us so dearly.

I think our history of winning fair and square and accepting the refs decision will always come first. The fact that we accept this and our east end neighbours always complain is hard to take. Sporting integrity!!

3 of them can't be offside unless they're deemed active.

Julien was, but it's one of those that sometimes goes for you eg. Morelos at Tynecastle.

The officials were not the reason we lost today. Poor finishing and a weak mentality were.

It’s funny because I remember Gerrard’s very first league game at Pittodrie, and afterwards saying something like “we all know Rangers don’t get decisions”.

Few weeks later he again rightly went after Collum for ridiculously sending off Candeias at St Mirren.

Since then he seems to be more reserved. Now it may just be how he has evolved his style as a manager, but I would hate to think we’ve told him that’s not how we do things.

I’m very much with the OP, I want us to go for the throat with the officials in this country, because if we don’t it will continue to happen.

Football fans south of the border and elsewhere who watched that cheating today must have been pissing themselves at the corruption and what a joke Scottish football really is due to terrified refs.

He does here, mate, and on more than one occasion. He knows we were cheated today.

I watched this one from our own website

I've spoken to 1 of them since the game and when I said we were robbed the response was 'well Morelos should have been sent off, dirty wee scumbag player'. That's all we will hear about this week, every wee niggle will be highlighted to try to even out the offside goal.
They know fine that the goal was offside .this answer is simply a deflection from the truth .Celtic didn,t win the cup the lines man won it for them.

Back