Teams who hold an advantage of over 50% of the remaining points left to play for will be crowned champions

The Gon

Seen on twitter some Lebanese based Journo saying UEFA are set to crown all teams who hold an advantage of over 50% of the remaining points to their nearest rivals as champions.

C*ltic = 13 points ahead with 27 still to play for. 48.15% of remaining points. Nae luck Timmy.

Seen on twitter some Lebanese based Journo saying UEFA are set to crown all teams who hold an advantage of over 50% of the remaining points to their nearest rivals as champions.

C*ltic = 13 points ahead with 27 still to play for. 48.15% of remaining points. Nae luck Timmy.
Will they see that as 13 points or 10 points? Or game in hand would lower their percentage.

UEFA do everything they can not to get involved in the local stuff, even down to barring teams from their competitions who are in dispute with their ruling bodies.

I can't see them making any sort of decision, and will probably leave it to each country to sort out themselves.

UEFA do everything they can not to get involved in the local stuff, even down to barring teams from their competitions who are in dispute with their ruling bodies.

I can't see them making any sort of decision, and will probably leave it to each country to sort out themselves.

I agree, and we'll face the usual corrupt decision of the SPFL / SFA. Spain and Italy could get interesting.

What’s this journos twitter handle?

This is still just guessing, or awarding a team a championship they haven't won. If the league season is ended and your not the champions then you're not the champions: you can't just award the championship to a team, it has to be won.

two points, firstly whats the solution to those teams leading their leagues who don't meet that criteria. Secondly can UEFA compel or merely advise individual member associations how to act

Taking us out of the occasion for the moment this is actually a sensible way of ending the leagues to be honest.

idiotic to compare the English title race with Spain and Germany for example.

UEFA will do what's best for 5 leagues and the rest of us just need to go along with it
That was the main point of a thread I made earlier. Two of those leagues have a team with a “ healthy” lead, three don’t. It’s not going to be an easy proposition that comes out of the meeting on Tuesday.

Do you have a link to this mate?

Once they get the Seville calculator on that you will be surprised what they could turn pesky figures to

Are there any leagues where this would cause a team to be crowned champions? If not it seems a weird line to draw

I can see Liverpool being handed theirs with a degree of acceptance from other teams.
The big difference of course is that there is no percievable toxic agenda in England.
Klopps comments about life being more important than titles earned wide applause.
In Scotland we had the opposite, with Lennon demanding titles and former players puting titles before lives.

As harsh as it sounds, no team should be handed any title they haven’t won.

If Mathematically other teams can catch them, then there is a chance they can be caught, regardless of how many points they are in front.

Massive leads have been lost/clawed back in the past, and the same can happen in the future.

It’s a funny old game!!!!!

And contracts of all players on loan to another club expire on 31st May and can’t be extended until transfer window opens.

I can’t see that happening .
So only some clubs will be champions , what about the teams that don’t meet that criteria ? What about the unfinished cup competitions ? Champions league and europa league ? Relegation ? Co efficient points ?

for me there are far too many variables . The easiest course of action , to ensure fairness and consistency across the leagues , would be to void this season .

Celtic only have 24 left to play for (8 games, 3 points a game). Assume it’s based on our games because we still have 27 to play for.

Even if true, it doesn't address things like relegation, promotion, prize money or European places.

Someone told me that Neil Doncaster was rarely off the phone to the Scottish Government last week and that he was absolutely adamant that the Old Firm game should be played (how incredibly tone deaf does that seem today?). However I doubt Doncaster would have any foresight or vision of any 50% type ruling, or indeed any foresight of vision of anything at all. He will be doing the bidding of Celtic however, there is no doubt about that.

Can’t find anything on this. Would be interesting the see the original tweet and the Journalist’s credentials.

That would be an absolute minefield. It has to be a uniform response throughout Europe.

There is no team in any country should be crowned champions unless it is mathematically impossible for rivals to catch them.

thechoice is simple. Either champions are crowned or the season is made void.

if they are crowned why are we worried. They really would have the most tainted collection of titles in the history of football.

Outside of their wee world no-one would take them seriously.

If the season is voided then we lose the progress we have made in Europe. Not sure we want that.

there is no easy answer but for sure no football will be played until August at the earliest.

Someone told me that Neil Doncaster was rarely off the phone to the Scottish Government last week and that he was absolutely adamant that the Old Firm game should be played (how incredibly tone deaf does that seem today?). However I doubt Doncaster would have any foresight or vision of any 50% type ruling, or indeed any foresight of vision of anything at all. He will be doing the bidding of Celtic however, there is no doubt about that.
That was to take us up to 30 games. The filth were absolutely desperate for it to be played behind closed doors.

Back