Red Arrows Flyby not happening

Right somebody get on the phone to Donald Trump to pass Tav the trophy on one knee along with the big guy from Halifax years ago.

Told yous there was more chance of that happening.

It was always a very long shot.

The only criticism I've made, right from the start, was that they should have made enquiries before launching the appeal. I'm retired now but had 32 years in the Royal Air Force so had an understanding of the obstacles that needed to be overcome.

Nevertheless, a magnificent effort from the guys at the Bridgeton Loyal and the response from Bears has been superb. It's great that the charities will benefit with such a huge injection of cash.

The good thing is charities will benefit. Not sure if they could use our funding for another project to benefit our celebrations as it would be very much like the RFFF

The only criticism I've made, right from the start, was that they should have made enquiries before launching the appeal. I'm retired now but had 32 years in the Royal Air Force so had an understanding of the obstacles that needed to be overcome.

Nevertheless, a magnificent effort from the guys at the Bridgeton Loyal and the response from Bears has been superb. It's great that the charities will benefit with such a huge injection of cash.
Could we get you to run past with your arms out plane style and some smoke bombs strapped to your back B-)

A fantastic effort by the rangers family as ever and monies given to charities at these difficult times will be greatly appreciated! WATP

Shame but a great effort and the lads should be congratulated for giving it a go and for raising a tremendous amount of money for some very worthy causes, well done lads, you should be very proud

Having a read through the Go Fund Me page it states 'The charities will include the Erskine Charity and the Emmie Smillie Charity foundation' for those who aren't sure who will be benefitting from the Bears generosity.

Sound out another country’s Air Force. Get the Russians over the east end spraying vapour.

If we’re going to get Russians doing something over at that dump it would be more than vapour and I’d wait until the stadium was full mate cmon now we need to box clever these days.

Really disappointed with this news, was looking forward to it.
I hope we get to hear why the Arrows couldn't do it, was it their diary, was it logistical or were they just not interested.

At least the charities will see the benefit.
As a poster said above, a donation to Alfie's charity would be nice as well.

Disappointing ofcourse but hardly unexpected.

£60 grand to charity is a phenomenal effort.

P.s Can drones hold smoke bombs? Asking for a friend.

If we’re going to get Russians doing something over at that dump it would be more than vapour and I’d wait until the stadium was full mate cmon now we need to box clever these days.
qjqxtHJ.gif

Really disappointed with this news, was looking forward to it.
I hope we get to hear why the Arrows couldn't do it, was it their diary, was it logistical or were they just not interested.

At least the charities will see the benefit.
As a poster said above, a donation to Alfie's charity would be nice as well.
Will have been their commitments already. Pretty sure when this was first suggested it was said by a few people it was unlikely as they need much more notice than this and at this time of year are already committed to other things

Can we not just get some sort of small commercial plane to continuously fly over Ibrox with several different banners throughout the game with that money?

I actually spoke to the RAF Pal Col in Whitehall, through work about it and he wasn’t overly confident of the chance of success.
He loved the idea of it right enough B-)

Last edited:
Get it organised for the start of next season then. If we are not allowed to be in the stadium for the unfurling at least this is something.

There are companies out there who do drone ‘displays’, I’m sure there was one at New Year and I’ve seen it at Disney in Florida.

Perhaps a night-time display over Ibrox culminating in a ‘55’ would be appropriate.

Good idea , the Edinburgh Hogmanay one was fantastic too

Back