Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

I hope they go for someone like Howe he won't last 2 minutes up here he would collapse under the pressure. It doesn't matter to us who they appoint we have a settled squad at the moment whilst they're going to have a huge rebuilding job going on this summer.

I can’t see it being Clarke!

Kennedy has a chance and has the job in his hands, a good run of results and he’s in the running. One bad result though......

Eddie Howe makes sense for them

Celtic cannot tell lies to the Stock Market. I add their statement of Neil Lennon walking away.

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 as amended by regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Neil Lennon to depart Celtic

Celtic PLC confirms that first team manager, Neil Lennon, has resigned and will leave the Club with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Neil for his outstanding contribution during his time at Celtic as manager. John Kennedy will assume the role of interim manager effective immediately.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC
Michael Nicholson, Company Secretary

0141 551 4298
Canaccord Genuity Limited
Simon Bridges, Nominated Adviser
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350
I would be very surprised if he hasn't had some sort of payment to resign.

FLE9mlL.jpg

I vaguely remember someone saying Clarke was being lined up. It looks like their years of downsizing has finally come to fruition. Not that I'm complaining

I hope Kennedy has a decent run to the end of the season (obviously not beating us, but maybe a very brave draw) and they give it to him.

Ok on paper he want sacked.
Reality is they've told him to go now and they can make it amicable or itll get messy, his choice.

Hes took the option that paints him in a better light that suits him and the club as he leaves immediately.

it will be a confidential compromise agreement with the announcement that he has resigned part of the negotiations.
A 'protected' conversation resulting in him getting the dough he would have been due and provided with a favourable reference :) it would also contain a confidentiality agreement that he won't disclose the details of his severence pay or slate the company or they can pursue him for the settlement figure.

The real story being that Sundays result was the straw that broke the season ticket renewals back.

Breaking News:

The door of Tennents in Byers road has been found kicked in, police are currently investigating the smell emanating from inside and the sound of crying women.

Might well be Clark or someone of similar standing

Cannot see them getting anyone high profile - that would require a massive budget, and I don’t believe they will have millions to spend

Clarke has to deal with the Euros, so would be a tight turnaround for getting hands on with the squad before the qualifiers.

Lennon would never have walked away this second time of his own volition. He would have known only punditry awaited him now.

However it’s dressed up, behind the scenes they’ve sacked him effectively

Reactions: fmp
I ‘resigned’ from an LSE listed firm many moons ago. Nice statements all round. Agreed compo banked.
They actually sacked me but I had so much crap on them, they did not want a public fight!!!

He had 2 options!!

1 - resign and take £XX amount
2 - we sack you and you take £X amount

He may have taken the resign option, however, same as his time at Hibs - he was sacked in all but name

I don’t see it being Clarke tbh, why quit As Scotland manager right before the first major tournament we have qualified for in more than twenty years, to take over at Celtic.

I think it’s a given they will go for Eddie Howe.

The more I think about this the more this is him simply doing a runner before the inevitable which he wouldn’t be able to deal with. It’s highly unlikely that there will be some kind of dramatic upturn in results, the bravest man in football and strachan have been shown the same level of respect by their team as Lennon has all season, you just need to look at griffiths attitude towards strachan on Sunday night to see that. A face saving act, nothing less

Watch for numerous big name managers being linked only for the likes of Clarke to get the job. The thought of him signing the likes of O'Donnell and Gallagher is delightful.
Who ever gets that job has a huge task. They need virtually a new team and will struggle to get rid of the duds on huge contracts.
Go out of Europe early again, start slowly in the league and they will be rioting again. I wish them nothing but strife and disaster.

Could he not be sacked without a payoff for continued poor performance? You were stinking rotten and the team hated you. Now feck off. Seems ridiculous in any walk of life that you cant sack an employee who clearly isnt up to scratch. That'll be the last I think of the subject today in any event.

Come on OP ffs

Of course he was sacked.

I know he was in an underhand way, I am highlighting what they have told their shareholders.

All the MSM are updating their stories too.

Dermot Desmond will obviously be taking care of financial matters and not the club itself.

Whoever they get has got a complete rebuild on their hands. Unless Fritzl goes crazy with his cheque book they’re at least a couple of years behind us now regardless of their new manager.
Said it earlier they won’t be wining the league for the next 2 seasons minimum.
They have a monumental rebuild which can’t be done in 1 season or even 2. As long as Gerrard is our manager then the future for us will be celebrations in may for the foreseeable.

He said on BBC Sportsound on Sunday night he wanted to help and stay for a rebuild

More lies and BS

Resigned my arse

Sacked is the term and their statement to stock exchange is a lie

Anyway phuck him

Hope he never gets another manager job in Scotland

Only issue is the mhedia will employ him even tho he said on his own admission he’s not a great tactician

The prospect of losing the league at home or worse is going there as champions must have been too much. An already tarnished legacy would be beyond repair. Fair enough.

Back