Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

I wonder what lies they've told Kennedy. "Turn it round and the job's yours" I'd be amazed if he's swallowed that old pony.
There's a new manager coming and if Kennedy has any sense he'll be digging out his CV right now, in case the new manager doesn't want him.
From one lame duck manager to another, This one unsure of his future. This is not what Lawwell wanted. After 17 years and millions of pounds rooked of them, he will be leaving with the club in total disarray.
Better still, it's all his own work.

What a time to be a Bear.

What's Mark mghee up to these days? I wonder if he's still patiently waiting by his phone waiting for a call :)

What's Mark mghee up to these days? I wonder if he's still patiently waiting by his phone waiting for a call :)

Billy Davies is still looking for a management gig. Tommy Sheridan as his #2?

As an aside what are the Paddy Power odds on Lurgan Flopp getting a pundit gig with the jolly old beeb?

Can we leave wishing for players to get injured to other clubs please? We rightly complain when Aberdeen bring up Durrant
I didn't say I hope someone goes out and deliberately smashes Edouard.

I said if he gets an injury meaning they can't sell him then they are in serious trouble.

Not comparable imo

Can you imagine the transfer market over summer assuming big beak gets the gig.

Top class players attracted to rangers due to steven gerrards name as a world class player and standing,with prospect of european football and trophies

Loanees and bottom level players being asked to go to the scumhut by a non entity cripple,with no prospect of getting into europe,unless its via tui et all with the added attraction of being second best to rangers on the pitch.

This is and should be,the start of our domination of scottish football again.

I wonder what lies they've told Kennedy. "Turn it round and the job's yours" I'd be amazed if he's swallowed that old pony.
There's a new manager coming and if Kennedy has any sense he'll be digging out his CV right now, in case the new manager doesn't want him.
From one lame duck manager to another, This one unsure of his future. This is not what Lawwell wanted. After 17 years and millions of pounds rooked of them, he will be leaving with the club in total disarray.
Better still, it's all his own work.

What a time to be a Bear.
Tims on Kennedy:

Kennedy as many know, was/is the leak within the dressing room basically since Lennon took over. He was tight with Lawwell and would feed info back to him.

Lawwell and Desmond had been priming for Kennedy to take over before the shit hit fan. Remains to be seen if he will get it.

Remember the transfer document leak? Kennedy. Ended up getting an old cleaner sacked for it

Celtic have a tradition of making their managers resign. Think the first one to be sacked was in the 80s.

Most of the deranged yahoos would never accept Lambert as boss as he said Rangers were the same club and were treated harshly.

Even if hypothetically he could guarantee them a Champions league win they'd probably be too busy foaming at the mouth about his thoughts on Rangers to want him.

Was there not a suggestion that he was due a big compensation payment if he was sacked before 55 was a mathematic certainty (a bonus he was due for winning 9.75)
If so I would imagine he's been told, look you aren't getting that cash. If you wait until it's in the bag you will be sacked then. Do you really want to wait for that or would you not rather resign now and save yourself some grief?

I get what you're saying but I'm fairly certain there would have been discussions behind the scenes to make it favourable for Neic to resign rather than have to be sacked.
Perhaps the club were threatening to reveal the secret mitigating circumstances that he was gonna take to his grave?

Does anyone have a link to the 'Hello Darkness My Old Friend' video where Sutton is ripping into Rangers on BT Sport and Snus is pishin' himself laughing please?

On bbc lunchtime national news with skeletor outside the chamber of secrets.
Seems Howe, Benitez, or even Clarke are in the frame. I would be surprised if it’s not someone from Ireland as that seems to be what they like.

PSG are due a fair chunk of the edouard money so I think they’ll be lucky to get their £9m back on him,Christie will go for around £5-6m like Armstrong did and ajer will probably go for £8-10m
How much for Tav and Goldson if we sell this summer?

I spoke 2 Celtic fans this morning.

one reckons Roberto Martinez and Shaun Maloney (that's the number 1 ranked country in the world!!) the other thinks it will be Steve Clarke after the Euros.

Hopefully its John Kennedy the bravest man in world sport.

Closer to £30m probably get about £15m for Eduard £10m for Ajer and £5m for Christie and that's being generous considering their contract situation
Maybe, nothing surprises me with transfer fees these days though and they mutants have a history of getting good fees for their players.

"I'll resign for the good of the club, don't need a pay off either". Words never uttered by Neil Lennon.

Maybe, nothing surprises me with transfer fees these days though and they mutants have a history of getting good fees for their players.
They do I'll give you that but things are turning against them now they aren't champions anymore and are more desperate for the cash thsn they have been recently

I predict Kennedy to do well for the next few games, then be offered the job in the showers at end of the season.

Surely it's pretty simples:

Sacked - Paid up to date with a years money from his rolling contract.

Resigned - Left voluntarily with nothing or a negotiated sum with a confidentiality clause.

I disagree, How much you think they'll get for them?

Not that it matters much but for comparison I would be raging if we sold Tav and Goldson for less than 20-25 and their not internationals and haven't played in the Champions league.
Christie has never played in the Champions League.

Edouard and Ajer have both only started one game in the CL - Both in a 0-5 home defeat to PSG.

Edouard also came on as a late sub in a 0-1 home defeat to Anderlecht.

Hardly going to bump their prices up.

No, not from the Celtc fans or board from Scottish society...
“I’ve no view on Neil Lennon’s departure. That’s a football decision. But I have a view on his treatment in Scotland. Vile anti catholic anti Irish bigotry marked much of it. Those who washed their hands of it show us what kind of country we were and are capable of being.”

Back