Dinamo Zagreb fans looking to make new friends

Can't help but see the orcs marching in Lord Of The Rings.

FewAffectionateHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

The Zagreb hooligans made up a big part of the Croat militia during the Balkan war. Facist scum, but hard as nails.

I'm sure I've read previously the goon platoon and the Zagreb ultras are a bit friendly.
This, they are the 'best' of mates. I know a few BBB who have scum tattoos and regularly wear scum tops. Met a bunch wearing them and a tricolour or two at England Croatia international in Zagreb a few years back.

Croatia was a hot bed of recruitment for the Nazi SS during WW2.

While Tito led the Serbs against the Nazis, the Croats welcomed Hitler's army as if they were heroes.

You are spot on. The Ustase commited genocide against the Serbs and Jews on a massive scale. The Croats were the only other nation in Europe to run their own concentration camps during ww2.

Wouldn’t fancy a trip to Zagreb :D
I'd say we've generally been lucky with the nice cities/opposition fans we've been drawn against the last few years.

But honestly fu.ck that lol.. I know we've got boys that can handle themselves but that's a whole different level of mental.

Croatia was a hot bed of recruitment for the Nazi SS during WW2.

While Tito led the Serbs against the Nazis, the Croats welcomed Hitler's army as if they were heroes.

Am sure in the 90s red star Belgrade’s ultra leader was also leader of a paramilitary during balkans war and ended up getting assassinated during his trial for war crimes at The Hague.

Mental bit of the world.

This, they are the 'best' of mates. I know a few BBB who have scum tattoos and regularly wear scum tops. Met a bunch wearing them and a tricolour or two at England Croatia international in Zagreb a few years back.

Do they want a united Ireland also? Or perhaps feel the struggle of Glasgow? Or are they working to build a better Palestinian life?

They might like the club, but GB/BBB are certainly not friendly. Politics at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Pavement dancers with sticks hiding behind masks, probably average age of 17. Couldn’t fight sleep.

Am surprised they have a relationship given Celtic claim to be anti fascist and the BBB are notoriously extreme right and have white power banners at games.

They might like the club, but GB/BBB are certainly not friendly. Politics at the opposite ends of the spectrum.
Having lived in Croatia for many years I beg to differ. The BBB would welcome the Tims with open arms.

You are spot on. The Ustase commited genocide against the Serbs and Jews on a massive scale. The Croats were the only other nation in Europe to run their own concentration camps during ww2.
I’m sure there were Croatian camps during 90’s conflict too

History seems to have given them a pass though

Yes there were mate.

But the vast majority of Croats were pro Nazi at the time.

As @Hurricane Run has said, they ran their own concentration camps.
Not the vast majority far from it. The siding with Ustashe or Partizan depended on who knocked at your door at the time they were recruiting. My mates father's father was Ustashe, his mothers father was Partizan from the same village in Slavonia. The former saved the latter by vouching for him at a 'round up' time.

You will find most sensible Croats today (like Germans) have no time for Ustashe/Nazi politics, but it will always be there like the far right in any European country.

Am sure in the 90s red star Belgrade’s ultra leader was also leader of a paramilitary during balkans war and ended up getting assassinated during his trial for war crimes at The Hague.

Mental bit of the world.
I was in Belgrade the night we drew 0 0 after beating them 1 0 at Ibrox. The bears were chanting Arkans a wanker in the ground and to say the locals were a bit annoyed is something of an understatement :))

Back