Dinamo Zagreb fans looking to make new friends

What a red neck it must be for the clubs, folk carrying on like that in this day and age.
Each to their own. If you actually knew anything about Dinamos history their ultras are basically considered national hero’s and their rioting is considered in Croatia as an inspiring rallying call that kicked off the civil war.

They literally have a monument outside their stadium commemorating them for it.

I am sure their club don’t even slightly find them embarrassing.

They might like the club, but GB/BBB are certainly not friendly. Politics at the opposite ends of the spectrum.
I thought this and last night a mentally challenged I know told me back in 14/15 there was a load of BBB who were banned at that time in the celtic end jumping about with the GB.

very confusing

If the two sides were to meet in a big scrap, how the %^*& would they know of theyre battering the opposition or their own when theyre all dressed similar in dark clothes? Lol

Not the vast majority far from it. The siding with Ustashe or Partizan depended on who knocked at your door at the time they were recruiting. My mates father's father was Ustashe, his mothers father was Partizan from the same village in Slavonia. The former saved the latter by vouching for him at a 'round up' time.

You will find most sensible Croats today (like Germans) have no time for Ustashe/Nazi politics, but it will always be there like the far right in any European country.

I know you live there and know your stuff mate, but I'm pretty sure the Independent State of Croatia was formed in 1941 and was a Nazi supporting puppet government.

They also murdered about 80 % of the Jews that lived there (roughly 30k).
They also had their own regiments and officers within the SS.

The estimated percentage of the Republic who supported the Allies was said to be around 15%, although in certain regions that percentage was far higher.

Each to their own. If you actually knew anything about Dinamos history their ultras are basically considered national hero’s and their rioting is considered in Croatia as an inspiring rallying call that kicked off the civil war.

Jesus. That's even more of a red neck then!

Your right I didn’t know and now that I do, not only do I stand by what I said but think that they and the club are a red neck.

If Dinamo beat Legia and go on and meet Crvena Zvezda they'll be deaths and rape galore between them!

Better ban away fans from that one.

Well done UEFA ya couple a fannies!

any chance they could draw the Yahoos and face off with Goon Squad?
Dinamo ultras BBB have/had connections to celtic even before the days of GB and were often at celtic Euro aways.

Also the whole catholic connection too. These days BBB will be much more friendly with Bhoys/SMV than GB as they play up to the whole catholic celtic patter (Papa Francesco song for example) whereas GB have only very recently started playing up to it too (Saint Michael display vs us)

I visited Zagreb a few years ago and had a look in their fans shop. I think they call themselves the Blue Boys and I thought I might pick up a t shirt. The “staff” were 4 of the biggest, ugliest and meanest looking skinheads I’d ever seen. I decided not to buy anything and left quickly.

It's pretty much a catholic thing why the BBB love the scum isn't it? Worked in a bar good few years ago where these two Croats were in one night. The dinamo fan was a handy looking skinhead, and he said that they were told by their fathers celtc are their second team and always have been and he wasn't really sure why. The other was very different looking, definitely more Mediterranean looking and didn't support dinamo (can't remember who he said his team were.)
They were totally fine and friendly, but as they got drunker, you could sense a shift when talking about their neighbours. Very proud, Adriatic sea this and that. I got the feeling they'll all think they're the best nation and the rest are peasants, when they're all pretty much the same? Hugely interesting but complicated part of the world.

I know you live there and know your stuff mate, but I'm pretty sure the Independent State of Croatia was formed in 1941 and was a Nazi supporting puppet government.

They also murdered about 80 % of the Jews that lived there (roughly 30k).
They also had their own regiments and officers within the SS.

The estimated percentage of the Republic who supported the Allies was said to be around 15%, although in certain regions that percentage was far higher.
Without a doubt. The Ustashe were actually in 'exile' in Italy, but were invited back into Croatia around WW2. A major mistake. The Croats in general were (and are today) to an extent right wing (extreme at the time). It was a Nazi supporting govt and yes they rounded up jews, gypsies, etc and exterminated them sadly.

They werent the only European regiments in the SS. I believe Norwegians were some bad bastards. But WW2 gave the Croats an opportunity to bloodlet their traditional enemies. The Serb Orthodox and Bosnian Muslim.

When the war ended the Croat army surrendrred at Bleiburg in Austria to the Allies, offering to fight against the Russians who were taking most of Eastern Europe over. The Brits and US said no thanks and sent them back to Croatia to be killed by Tito's Partizan army. Numbers killed are inflated by the Croats, but possibly 10k were killed.

Even today there is an annual pilgrimage by thousands of Croats to Bleiburg to commemorate the event (as the local Austrians I met when there at the time a few years ago, 'here comes the fukin Nazis again').

Without a doubt. The Ustashe were actually in 'exile' in Italy, but were invited back into Croatia around WW2. A major mistake. The Croats in general were (and are today) to an extent right wing (extreme at the time). It was a Nazi supporting govt and yes they rounded up jews, gypsies, etc and exterminated them sadly.

They werent the only European regiments in the SS. I believe Norwegians were some bad bastards. But WW2 gave the Croats an opportunity to bloodlet their traditional enemies. The Serb Orthodox and Bosnian Muslim.

When the war ended the Croat army surrendrred at Bleiburg in Austria to the Allies, offering to fight against the Russians who were taking most of Eastern Europe over. The Brits and US said no thanks and sent them back to Croatia to be killed by Tito's Partizan army. Numbers killed are inflated by the Croats, but possibly 10k were killed.

Even today there is an annual pilgrimage by thousands of Croats to Bleiburg to commemorate the event (as the local Austrians I met when there at the time a few years ago, 'here comes the fukin Nazis again').

Good insight mate.

Cheers.

Very good post. Nice to hear a local perspective. The Balkans have always fascinated me. The Balkan war was the first major conflict i have memories of. The area itself is a very interesting geopolitical melting pot. The original national make-up in the form of the Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes is - from the outside - just an incredible example of mutual co-operation.

That's rich from the Austrians lol

Very good post. Nice to hear a local perspective. The Balkans have always fascinated me. The Balkan war was the first major conflict i have memories of. The area itself is a very interesting geopolitical melting pot. The original national make-up in the form of the Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes is - from the outside - just an incredible example of mutual co-operation.
My mate is a Croat, his sister is a Serb who lives in Belgrade (they hadnt talked for years until we went to Crvena Zvedza game). His father was in the Yugoslav army as a Colonel. His mother (a Croat) split with him and stayed in Croatia. A number of my Croat friends were in the Yugo army, but left to form a Croat brigade at the outset of the war.

It was so fuked up, even they dont how.

I mind seeing a few vids of the Russian hooligans meeting up in a field, knocking f uck out of each other then shaking hands.
Cutting about with blades, bats and Tim tazers are a joke.
That’s when the law should intervene and “disperse” them.
:))

I just dont see what people get out of wanting to batter supporters of another side, especially one that isnt a direct rival

Am sure in the 90s red star Belgrade’s ultra leader was also leader of a paramilitary during balkans war and ended up getting assassinated during his trial for war crimes at The Hague.

Mental bit of the world.
Arkan I think his name was.Ended up in charge of a group called the tigers during that conflict.

Am surprised they have a relationship given Celtic claim to be anti fascist and the BBB are notoriously extreme right and have white power banners at games.
The Green Brigade are racist AND fascist. They try to depict themselves as left-wing but examine the propoganda of their patrons, Sinn fein & tell me anything left wing about them

Arkan I think his name was.Ended up in charge of a group called the tigers during that conflict.
He was a prodigious bank robber in Western Europe. He got out of jail probably due to help from contacts. He was considered the leader of the Delije Sever at the Marakana and formed the Serb Volunteer Guard with his accomplices. Mostly fought for the Serbs in the border areas of Croatia,Bosnia and allowed a fair bit of looting and stealing to pay his guys. Was shot by an off duty copper in a Belgrade hotel probably paid for by rival gangster.
The Serbs get a bad press considering the history of what Berlin/Paris and their proxies in Vienna did to them, not to mention what the Turks and Muslim Bosnians did over the centuries. They get shit because they look to the East rather than West, to Moscow rather than Berlin.

Back