Rangers chief Stewart Robertson writes to chairmen as he asks for support in bitter row with SPFL bosses over cinch deal

Doncaster will be getting Keith Jackson to write a story tomorrow morning about Rangers trying to bankrupt Scottish football. It might even have a quote from an unnamed SPFL club chairman agreeing with that.
A Chairman called Ian perhaps?

The bottom line seems to be, legally, according to Scots law, we can’t advertise since due to a contract being in place from a similar company. Even if we wanted to.
Rangers informed the spl of this and they either didn’t inform cinch and never put this in the contract or did inform them. It’s quite straight forward by the lols of it.
This could be any club, just so happens it’s us.
Also why bump your guns about how great the commercial department was when they didn’t do anything to get the deal over the line.
As an aside, it would be funny if we got wind of the cinch contract and had a clause written into Parks contract just before the cinch deal closed. That would be top, top shitehousery.
Anyway to summarise, I hope cinch pull out of any deal!!
It will be central car auctions we have being sponsored with then for years

Doncaster MacLennan and McKenzie due to their hatred of Rangers have ignored the issue Rangers flagged Pre contract

Sums up the incompetence from Doncaster and Co

Also trying to hide the actual deal broker and the £500k costs to bring the deal to the table

The question from Stewart Robertson should have been why are we paying £400k pa to this clown Doncaster couldn’t close a door never mind a lucrative sponsorship deal

We had no league sponsor given Steven Gerrard is in the league ffs

Doncaster is a joke

When you factor in bonuses, pension payments etc, the Cinch deal, probably, barely covers the cost of Doncaster, McCluskey and MacLennan to the business.

Fućk that.

Mr Robertson is a very clever man, he’s not daft and he knows what he is doing.
MacLennan is a fucking media guy who’s good at twisting the words and facts for his own ends, this is why he’s made this whole thing public. He will have his compliant low level paper gatherer on the case and he will make sure that Rangers suffer in one way or another for this, even though it seems the club are bang on with this.

Let our lawyers deal with this, we can only hope for the maximum embarrassment for that old bigot and his shady organisation.

We always are in it alone mate, not one club has the balls to see this for what it is, a deliberate breach of rules by the SPFL, rules which were put in place to protect ALL clubs individual contracts in case scenarios such as the Cinch deal happened, now that it has happened the SPFL just want to ignore their own set of rules.

We will complain alone and fight it alone as we always do, it would be interesting though if some of the sponsors of others clubs (motoring sponsors...if there are any) feel that their deals are being compromised here and tell their clubs to either back us on this or they will pull their sponsorship.
It's hard not to believe that at least Aberdoom & Hertz will step up.

I certainly wouldn’t rule out the scenario you have put forward, however if this was the case it would be by luck it has played out this way for the SPFL certainly not through their own competence and looking at the bigger picture.
Either way, they signed the contract knowing full well it caused a conflict with Rangers through Parks Motor group. Now, that was either done to get it up Rangers/Douglas Park and then risk cinch pulling out, the deal collapsing and them ending up looking like c*nts. Or cinch gain publicity when Rangers don't comply and are quite happy about that. Rangers are seen as the bad guys as the charlatans stay in place crippling Scottish football. Might be a giving them too much credit but I wouldn't put anything past those c*nts. Afterall, they knew prior to signing the contract that there was a massive issue so why would they risk cinch pulling out if they knew Rangers wouldn't comply? They are daft but are they that daft??

"League sources have refused to speculate on potential sanctions if Rangers continue to breach 'fulfilment of rights obligations'. But MacLennan promised an update after board discussions this week.

'You will all be aware that earlier this summer the SPFL signed a title sponsorship contract with cinch,' he wrote. 'This contract is, by value, the biggest single sponsorship deal in the 131-year history of the league.

'In the context of what is, by any measure, a challenging economic environment, our Chief Executive and his commercial team deserve huge credit for delivering this deal."

This is a quote from MacLennon, what a fanny, I would love to be in a conference room when the facts are laid out in front of him.

We should lawyer up to get rid of fuds like this

The headline has confused a few in the thread. Rangers absolutely do not need any support from anyone on this. It is purely a legal matter and by appearances, we have the law on our side. Other clubs can suck it up if it is not something they like, or they can see the benefits in listening to what Rangers have been saying for a goodly while now. Either is fine.

Cinch might actually be liking this whole scenario. Personally I hadn't even heard they were the new league sponsor (or heard of them for that matter) until this all kicked off.

Publicity is publicity

Either way, they signed the contract knowing full well it caused a conflict with Rangers through Parks Motor group. Now, that was either done to get it up Rangers/Douglas Park and then risk cinch pulling out, the deal collapsing and them ending up looking like c*nts. Or cinch gain publicity when Rangers don't comply and are quite happy about that. Rangers are seen as the bad guys as the charlatans stay in place crippling Scottish football. Might be a giving them too much credit but I wouldn't put anything past those c*nts. Afterall, they knew prior to signing the contract that there was a massive issue so why would they risk cinch pulling out if they knew Rangers wouldn't comply? They are daft but are they that daft??
The last line is the $64,000 question. They are daft but are they that daft ?

That is a bonus , hopefully this is the beginning of the end I would imagine Aberdeen , Hearts and possibly Hibs getting fed up with their incompetence.

And we already know the Hearts / Thistle fraudulence & court case will have created a good few enemies for them Greig.

#spamfoldergate

The headline has confused a few in the thread. Rangers absolutely do not need any support from anyone on this. It is purely a legal matter and by appearances, we have the law on our side. Other clubs can suck it up if it is not something they like, or they can see the benefits in listening to what Rangers have been saying for a goodly while now. Either is fine.
And it's not like we rely on revenue from the other clubs whereas they do

We'll soon find out but the SPFL have made a few enemies since Covid hit. I doubt we are in this alone.

Doesn't matter if we're alone or not. If the law is on our side, and we seem sure it is, then it's up to cinch to either accept that their sponsorship agreement does not include the champions and carry on as is, or they seek damages from the SPFL and/or the 3rd party negotiators.
At any rate, it is one massive fucking mess to be laid at the door of the idiotic Doncaster, the puerile bigot McLennan and the rest of the incompetents at the SPFL.
Get the popcorn oot.

So the SPFL got a company to get a deal that would obviously cause problems with one of our sponsors and major shareholders. The partnerships guy at celtc also works for the company the SPFL got, is that right?
The SPFL employed a company to create enough distance from themselves so they can say “nothing to do with us guv” but really know exactly what they’re doing and no surprise celtc are up to their neck.

It’s a manufactured problem either way imo.

It is inconceivable that cinch would not be aware of the SPFL's rules regarding the potential for clubs not to carry their sponsorship if it compromised any existing contractual obligations that club had. As such they would be unable, in normal circumstances, to walk away.

If, however, the SPFL were aware prior to concluding the deal with cinch that the Champion Club and, indeed, biggest Club in the land were unable to comply for this very reason and did not advise cinch of that fact then that could very well entitle them to walk away or at least to renegotiate the terms of the contract.

Not good for the SPFL Board :))

A deal where Doncaster & co pay an agent 500k of all club's money to get the deal and do nothing, why do we need them.

Doncaster has previous for failing to get sponsors the fact they've went to an agent/middle man to get the deal at such a poor rate and thrown money away to a yearly commission and claim it's a great deal which they personally oversaw is nothing short of a disgrace.

Whatever happens here Doncaster has to go he has overseen a non stop shambles under his watch.

Mr Robertson is a very clever man, he’s not daft and he knows what he is doing.
MacLennan is a fucking media guy who’s good at twisting the words and facts for his own ends, this is why he’s made this whole thing public. He will have his compliant low level paper gatherer on the case and he will make sure that Rangers suffer in one way or another for this, even though it seems the club are bang on with this.

Let our lawyers deal with this, we can only hope for the maximum embarrassment for that old bigot and his shady organisation.
I hope our Stewart Robertson has cast iron evidence of the communications he claims to have had with the SPFL, not some, I said, he said, I said, unrecorded phone calls or conversations.
We must have wriggle free evidence and proof, or we will get shafted again.
We also have to be prepared, this time, to take this all the way.
Murdoch MacLennan is a Dermot Desmond lapdog. Worked as a senior executive in one of Desmond's companies. We have already expressed misgivings about him and DK tried to get him removed a few years back.

I think this is a clever way of us finally getting rid of the cabal.As it stands we won't get support from the other clubs as they won't give up the income no matter how meagre it is.
I do wonder if James Bisgrove has a better sponsorship deal for the league up his sleeve, that would be the final nail for Doncaster,McLennan and McKenzie.

Doncaster has previous for failing to get sponsors the fact they've went to an agent/middle man to get the deal at such a poor rate and thrown money away to a yearly commission and claim it's a great deal which they personally oversaw is nothing short of a disgrace.

Whatever happens here Doncaster has to go he has overseen a non stop shambles under his watch.
100k a year is ridiculous the SPFL and the SFA are needing to be cleansed they cannot be trusted.

SPFL clearly at fault here, but don't expect the other teams to side with us.
I don’t think it’s anything to do with who sides either anyone. It seems legally we can’t advertise the spl sponsor. Nothing we or any other club or the spl can do. They certainly can’t punish us for following their and Scottish law rules.
it seems it’s not even stalemate, it’s just one of those things. It does look like the spl, by brining this out in the open, are trying to bully us to break the rules but it’s entirely on them. Rangers have done nothing.

you can bet your house on the fact the SPFL will find a way to shaft us for this,nothing surer
It's there fault they refused to check the rules and regulations.

Doncaster pressed ahead despite advanced warning by us.

It would appear Rangers have the upper hand and the SPFL have fucked themselves over.

The SPFL can harass and bully us and publicly use certain media outlets to put the pressure on us but it won't work they are in the wrong and know it.

you can bet your house on the fact the SPFL will find a way to shaft us for this,nothing surer
That seems unlikely in this scenario. They will try - but looks like the rules are on our side this time. More likely they will quietly slink into the background and hope it blows over. Again.

It's there fault they refused to check the rules and regulations.

Doncaster pressed ahead despite advanced warning by us.

It would appear Rangers have the upper hand and the SPFL have fucked themselves over.
its the spfl we talking about here mate,they are corrupt as f.uck

Doesn't matter if we're alone or not. If the law is on our side, and we seem sure it is, then it's up to cinch to either accept that their sponsorship agreement does not include the champions and carry on as is, or they seek damages from the SPFL and/or the 3rd party negotiators.
At any rate, it is one massive fucking mess to be laid at the door of the idiotic Doncaster, the puerile bigot McLennan and the rest of the incompetents at the SPFL.
Get the popcorn oot.
I totally agree mate, Rangers have cited a SPFL rule which appears to legally back Rangers stance.
We need no support from any clubs if we're legally sound.
I'm liking the cut of Robertson's jib lately.

It is inconceivable that cinch would not be aware of the SPFL's rules regarding the potential for clubs not to carry their sponsorship if it compromised any existing contractual obligations that club had. As such they would be unable, in normal circumstances, to walk away.

If, however, the SPFL were aware prior to concluding the deal with cinch that the Champion Club and, indeed, biggest Club in the land were unable to comply for this very reason and did not advise cinch of that fact then that could very well entitle them to walk away or at least to renegotiate the terms of the contract.

Not good for the SPFL Board :))
I couldn't have put it better myself. Spot on mate.

Yes I agree and wouldn't dispute that but from all the information available and with the rule book clear they have fucked themselves here big time and with Scottish law on our side we are right and the SPFL are wrong.
Im just worried about what those f.uckers will try mate,wouldnt put anything past them

We'll be fined 500k to make up for the commission on their wonder deal
It looks like they can’t punish us, we’re filling their rules. It’s why the bigot came out yesterday, trying to put pressure on us externally.
my guess is cinch didn’t even know, the spl just expected Rangers to do as their told.

This is beautiful, love this type of stuff when we hold all the cards. Tightening the screw, so to speak.

Now that Robinson has played this card, Cinch are going to be asking some very difficult questions of the SPL, notably were they aware of this when they signed the deal with them. That could lead to legal recourse for fraud. Excellent! B-D
Fruit shoots of recovery?

Back