The concerns, are we panicking or is something amiss?

SuperGers07

For me, something is amiss. Maybe the team have simply reached their peak as a collective unit? Undoubtedly we have a talented bunch of players in the main.

Last season was a mammoth effort but to regress this much in a short time should be seeing legit questions asked in terms of on and off the field.

The window to sell someone for a high fee has been misjudged and Recruitment has been in the main sloppy over the summer. To go from the position of strength in May to this now?

Let’s see how the next few days go. Sunday will tell us a lot. We need to get this squad some help in the door, if that means some have to go to stop the stagnation then so be it.

We have stood still this summer and haven't improved the team we needed quality and nothing has materialized our recruitment has been dubious and we seem to bringing in more squad fillers.

Our pre season was a shambles and we went into Europe/league campaign underprepared having some players away late into the summer didn't help matters.

Add in suspensions to key players and now covid issues.

Combine the above and you get the route cause of our regression so far we look a shadow of last seasons team.

We moved so quickly in transition last season... just doesn't seem to happening this season. I think Rangers have immense talent in the team but the players for whatever reason have not lived up to their talents yet. I have seen glimpses of last season with players like Hagi, Aribo and Kamara occasionally combining well. However... neither full back has been at the races, our centre halves aren't commanding either box like we know they can, and players aren't pressing the opposition like we know they can.

We have stood still this summer and haven't improved the team we needed quality and nothing has materialized our recruitment has been dubious and we seem to bringing in more squad fillers.

Our pre season was a shambles and we went into Europe/league campaign underprepared having some players away late into the summer didn't help matters.

Add in suspensions to key players and now covid issues.

Combine the above and you get the route cause of our regression so far we look a shadow of last seasons team.
Mate I don't think I've ever seen anyone repeat themselves on any form as Social Media as much as you.

For me, something is amiss. Maybe the team have simply reached their peak as a collective unit? Undoubtedly we have a talented bunch of players in the main.

Last season was a mammoth effort but to regress this much in a short time should be seeing legit questions asked in terms of on and off the field.

The window to sell someone for a high fee has been misjudged and Recruitment has been in the main sloppy over the summer. To go from the position of strength in May to this now?

Let’s see how the next few days go. Sunday will tell us a lot. We need to get this squad some help in the door, if that means some have to go to stop the stagnation then so be it.
We’re a month into the season, ffs.

We desperately need stability in the starting 11. It’s chopping and changing every game. For me we need roofe in the team desperately for his goal scoring.
A switch of formation? Him & Morelos. Or Roofe coming from right of front three? I agree we need his scoring & movement.

No one was complaining against Madrid and Livi.

Poor performance in Europe and at United.

I thought we played decent on Sunday.

Tonight was blistering heat, dry and moral due to the incidents in last few days.

We will come good and as long as we.dont lose at home on Sunday we will be fine.

Remember level on points as them and were in the group stages. They aren't (yet)

Mate I don't think I've ever seen anyone repeat themselves on any form as Social Media as much as you.
Fair enough but considering the same topics always crop up I'm bound to repeat myself.

But they are reasonable and valid points other posters have said similar i just wanted to see us improve especially when in a clear position of strength this summer if financials matters have dictated that then the management and board should be clear with us.

What’s happened to our press & the desire required at winning second balls? For me that’s where our lack of urgency stems from, would be interested to see what % of 2nd balls we’ve won in the last 6/7 games compared to last season?

Expectations are much higher, the players deserve more respect from the fans if you ask me.

We missed out on the champions league to a team that weren’t great but apart from that, what’s the issue?

We’d obviously rather be hitting the heights from the start but you also don’t want to be peaking at this point and burnt out by Christmas.

We’ve got about 50 games left of the season and folk are crying already.

Maybe “Ange Baw” will rip us apart at the weekend, think it’s more likely people will realise we are still the best team and squad in the country by far.

Our management have acknowledged we have problems yet seem unable to address them, just trying to play through it which is horrid to watch

Fair enough

But they are reasonable and valid points other posters have said similar i just wanted to see us improve especially when in a clear position of strength this summer if financials matters have dictated that then the management and board should be clear with us.
I don't think we've really squandered a position of strength though have we?

That isn't how the transfer window works either - if the board tell us they're telling the rest of the world as well.

Expectations are much higher, the players deserve more respect from the fans if you ask me.

We missed out on the champions league to a team that weren’t great but apart from that, what’s the issue?

We’d obviously rather be hitting the heights from the start but you also don’t want to be peaking at this point and burnt out by Christmas.

We’ve got about 50 games left of the season and folk are crying already.

Maybe “Ange Baw” will rip us apart at the weekend, think it’s more likely people will realise we are still the best team and squad in the country by far.
Have you been watching us play recently? If so, how can you seriously ask that

I think tonight’s performance is as good or as bad as Sunday, it’s true we haven’t started in good form but at the same time at the moment there is some rationale for that …

Win and we were conserving energy / dip in form / covid etc

Lose and Gerrard has lost the dressing room , it’s tavs fault never a captain and players aren’t interested blah blah blah

We need to back the players not crucify them. I am the worst for it but they clearly aren’t at the races yet.

Well get there. This is when the support can play a part! Borna is having a tortuous time but he looks so far off it it’s not just form, back the boys.

It can't be denied that we have started the season looking lethargic, slower and fragile. In any sport it is always easier chasing and while we led the league all season last time out, we were chasing the title from the position of runner up. We are now favourites and that brings a whole different set of challenges.

I think the scum getting a wee bounce from a new manager and an absolute gift of a set of fixtures to bed in have highlighted the issue rather than created the issue and as the season progresses, and our squad settles back into a routine, I fully expect us to get back to that relentless and methodical way of grinding out result after result after result.

Sunday will be a huge opportunity for us and we need to grab it. Putting them firmly in their place dents their growing confidence, cements our status as champions and it gives us a chance to springboard into the rest of the season.

The team needs freshening. It's becoming clear that last season was very much the peak that we're going to get with this group of players. The fact we've stood still, rather than trying (or being financially able) to push on is disappointing. We should be looking to move a few of our key players on. Goldson, Barisic, Alfie should all go if reasonable offers are received for them and re-invest the substantial amount of money that'd being in on new, hungrier talent. Not easy, but it's needing done, or I can see this season becoming a real slog.

Fair enough but considering the same topics always crop up I'm bound to repeat myself.

Wasn't last seasons accounts enough of a hint though ?

We require £14m to plug a blackhole.

We'll play out of this. There's a lot of things happening right now.
We've just qualified for the EL groups (again) even when we are decimated by Covid, injury, and suspensions.

A win on Sunday and we'll be flying again. Tonight Alfie made three bad (really bad) efforts on goal. My guess is he scores the winner Sunday.

Tbh we’ve not had the best of luck with suspension, injuries and now Covid. That’s it really, just bad luck IMO.

Have you been watching us play recently? If so, how can you seriously ask that
How many other competitions are we out? How many points behind Celtic are we again?
When was the last time they beat us again?
Has Gerrard not come back from worse?

My point is obviously we’ve been off form but it’s still August ffs, nothing is lost other than the champions league.

Everything else up for grabs and no reason why the players and manager won’t shut you and the rest of the greeting wains up on Sunday.

See if you don’t trust the players and manager that got us 55 and are shiting your pants about the Tim’s by this point in the season go and play bowls on Sunday.

It's a mixture of both, there are some legitmate concerns but there is also a very large vocal element of people absolutely desperate for a disaster so they can go "I told you so"

%^*& knows how people react to an actual neck and neck title race.

If we can win on Sunday, we can go into the break and re group.
Even if we don't win, we need to re group, gather ourselves together and step it up a few gears.
At least we know we've still got them to go through.

I think we’ve looked miles off it. I do think we can turn it around with a bit more consistent selection and when Roofe gets a run of games - I think he’ll be massive for us.

Unlike you to post such negative stuff…..

Once we can consistently put out our strongest side I think you'll see it all click more. We keep having Kamara in and out of games, Roofe, the CB pairing changes every game also and Barisic/Bassey switching about also. That's not letting us get any sort of rhythm going. Even Morelos only recently came back.

You can see it's affecting the flow of our usual performances but it's not remotely time to panic

If we win the next 3 matches no one will be worrying or complaining
Hopefully we will sort it out
We haven't turned into a bad team within a few matches it'll happen, the same way I don't believe the filth are a good side albeit a few good results
Keep Faith

Let’s get the season going Sunday,
total commitment required.
Our tempo has to be quicker which will come on Sunday with a full house totally getting behind the team.
I will keep believing, we are the best in Scotland by far.
Come on Rangers, it’s time to step up and play WATP

Back