The concerns, are we panicking or is something amiss?

Last season we had Rangers in imperious form and the Tims imploding on a weekly basis. It was great fun but is highly unlikely to ever be repeated again. This year we’re off form and they have found a bit of form albeit against poor opposition. I believe we still have the stronger squad and will once again win the league. No need to panic; leagues aren’t won in August.

Combination of injuries/suspensions and key players woefully out of form

Thing is how can so many be out of form

everyone goes through spells but we have a lot of them going through it at the moment

tonight some of them just looked like they couldn’t be f**ked

hopefully Sunday can kick start us

come on the rangers
into these manky hordes

I think somethings amiss. We haven't signed well enough in the last few windows, couple that with many of our key players being quite young (Aribo, Kent, Hagi) and likely to have fluctuations in consistency, our form has definitely dropped. Perhaps most important of all is we need greater variation tactically.

I'm still clinging to the hope it was a piss poor pre-season,don't lose on Sunday and we have 2 weeks to get our shit together during the international break.

This is what I think the problem is. We've shown flashes, but look disjointed and inconsistent.

No more squad disruptions from this weekend.

Yes we're in a bad patch but they really are an average side, look at their back 4. We click on Sunday then we'll destroy them.

I don't like picking on individuals, and I don't like blaming players for lack of effort and commitment, but that was not a very good watch, again.

I'll keep quiet until Monday.

For me, something is amiss. Maybe the team have simply reached their peak as a collective unit? Undoubtedly we have a talented bunch of players in the main.

Last season was a mammoth effort but to regress this much in a short time should be seeing legit questions asked in terms of on and off the field.

The window to sell someone for a high fee has been misjudged and Recruitment has been in the main sloppy over the summer. To go from the position of strength in May to this now?

Let’s see how the next few days go. Sunday will tell us a lot. We need to get this squad some help in the door, if that means some have to go to stop the stagnation then so be it.
As a good poster I find part of this frankly daft.

1) We don't just sell players-they need to attract offers-so far it hasn't happened.
2) Why would a manager want to sell his better players when they delivered so much?
3) Selling a known asset and buying a replacement is a gamble.
4) We are stuck on a tight budget-we aren't improving the first team unless players leave.

There's no denying we haven't clicked and across the board players haven't performed. That's obvious but it's happened for a variety of reasons if we believe the management team.
I agree Sunday will tell us a lot but we are a few feet into a marathon of a season I think in general terms the support have been overtly negative and worried at a level that isn't justified.

For me, something is amiss. Maybe the team have simply reached their peak as a collective unit? Undoubtedly we have a talented bunch of players in the main.

Last season was a mammoth effort but to regress this much in a short time should be seeing legit questions asked in terms of on and off the field.

The window to sell someone for a high fee has been misjudged and Recruitment has been in the main sloppy over the summer. To go from the position of strength in May to this now?

Let’s see how the next few days go. Sunday will tell us a lot. We need to get this squad some help in the door, if that means some have to go to stop the stagnation then so be it.
Some players off form, some injured and getting fit and some getting used to us and our play/system.

No one was complaining against Madrid and Livi.

Poor performance in Europe and at United.

I thought we played decent on Sunday.

Tonight was blistering heat, dry and moral due to the incidents in last few days.

We will come good and as long as we.dont lose at home on Sunday we will be fine.

Remember level on points as them and were in the group stages. They aren't (yet)

People had concerns after Partick, Tranmere, the defending against Arsenal, the lack of creativity and goals during pre-season. You weren’t allowed to talk about the Tranmere defeat as it was only a friendly - minutes in the legs, yet the Real Madrid win was massive.

Malmö home and away bar a 35 minute spell was garbage, Dundee United at Tannadice was turgid. Alashkert home and away was no where near good enough, we rattled a poor second tier side. Ross County away was fine, we played well in spells but the tempo dropped and our defending at times was weak.

We don’t look fit, players are miles off it. There is no tempo or urgency about our play. Our distribution is too slow, slack and sloppy. Mistakes across the back four, too much chopping and changing. A staleness about the team.

Start of a massive new season and we were still paying for what happened last season (Slavia in Europe - suspensions). Pre-season was unorganised, European Championships and Copa hasn’t helped, neither have injuries. There are contract issues hanging over a couple of players and a number of them are ageing and out of contract next summer.

There is a lack of money across Europe in the transfer market, we haven’t been able to cash in on any of our players and if you think this summer and start to the season hasn’t been up to much - wait until next summer should we fail to win the league and claim that Champions League group stages place. McGregor, McLaughlin, Goldson, Balogun, Arfield and Davis all out of contract.

To the OP, it's just the expected regression to the norm IMO. Last season our RB had 20 goals by December, we won at Parkhead with a double from a CB.

It was a season where everything went right, now we're back to dealing with challenges.
We even beat them without a single shot on target.

As a good poster I find part of this frankly daft.

1) We don't just sell players-they need to attract offers-so far it hasn't happened.
2) Why would a manager want to sell his better players when they delivered so much?
3) Selling a known asset and buying a replacement is a gamble.
4) We are stuck on a tight budget-we aren't improving the first team unless players leave.

There's no denying we haven't clicked and across the board players haven't performed. That's obvious but it's happened for a variety of reasons if we believe the management team.
I agree Sunday will tell us a lot but we are a few feet into a marathon of a season I think in general terms the support have been overtly negative and worried at a level that isn't justified.
Away and stop talking sense. B-D

Fact is, we never turned up for our biggest game in years.
In terms of financials, it would have taken the club to the next level.
We blew it against a reasonable side.......Malmo are no more than that.
Our defence looks like it can lose goals when last year we were almost unbreachable.
We look slow and lethargic in almost all our games, waiting on one player., Wright, to give us a spark.
Blaming pre season is ignoring the early warning signs.
Something is amiss I think.

No need for panic but it is clear we are not firing at the moment. It is as if our season has not really started yet. Very strange perhaps due to a combination of some player unrest over contracts and Covid problems. Whatever it is I am sure the manager will get it sorted. Sunday would be a good start.

Summer signings remind me of McLeish’s recruitment when we were totally skint.
Free transfers of middling players.
Fair enough if that’s all we can afford, but it would’ve been nice to push for the CL and the riches that holds.

People had concerns after Partick, Tranmere, the defending against Arsenal, the lack of creativity and goals during pre-season. You weren’t allowed to talk about the Tranmere defeat as it was only a friendly - minutes in the legs, yet the Real Madrid win was massive.

Malmö home and away bar a 35 minute spell was garbage, Dundee United at Tannadice was turgid. Alashkert home and away was no where near good enough, we rattled a poor second tier side. Ross County away was fine, we played well in spells but the tempo dropped and our defending at times was weak.

We don’t look fit, players are miles off it. There is no tempo or urgency about our play. Our distribution is too slow, slack and sloppy. Mistakes across the back four, too much chopping and changing. A staleness about the team.

Start of a massive new season and we were still paying for what happened last season (Slavia in Europe - suspensions). Pre-season was unorganised, European Championships and Copa hasn’t helped, neither have injuries. There are contract issues hanging over a couple of players and a number of them are ageing and out of contract next summer.

There is a lack of money across Europe in the transfer market, we haven’t been able to cash in on any of our players and if you think this summer and start to the season hasn’t been up to much - wait until next summer should we fail to win the league and claim that Champions League group stages place. McGregor, McLaughlin, Goldson, Balogun, Arfield and Davis all out of contract.

That's a decent analysis to be fair. What is clear though is that avoiding how things have went wouldn't have been easy for the management team. And the support-the ones shitting their pants have amplified everything by a lot and just expect us to go out and buy two £4M players. It's not realistic.

My mates convinced that something is amiss behind the scenes. He reckons it’s Goldson not committed to stay, Alfie back late and really poor recruiting. Not sure personally but I do question Ross Wilson he seems to talk a lot and say little.

Anyone claiming this malaise started in the summer is either kidding themselves on or their eyes are painted on. In 2021 calendar year we’ve been more off form than on it.
Don’t talk Shute !
We never lost a league game in the season including 5 months in 2021
We won Europa games too
Get tae bed and gies peace.

Summer signings remind me of McLeish’s recruitment when we were totally skint.
Free transfers of middling players.
Fair enough if that’s all we can afford, but it would’ve been nice to push for the CL and the riches that holds
And we could have added how much debt to what we have if it didn't work out? This is not realistic.

My mates convinced that something is amiss behind the scenes. He reckons it’s Goldson not committed to stay, Alfie back late and really poor recruiting. Not sure personally but I do question Ross Wilson he seems to talk a lot and say little.
Unless your mate is Stevie G I wouldn't worry too much.....what does your mate do out of interest?

And we could have added how much debt to what we have if it didn't work out? This is not realistic.
Yeah I’m agreeing mate.
As a fan, I obviously want us to be as ambitious as possible, but I also understand the reality of how much we have to spend, and living within our means.

I'm pretty concerned.
We only got infinity more coefficient points for Scotland than the other 3 teams put together!

It’s been a disrupted pre season that’s been the issue. Barisic is a great lb, but he got injured at the end of the season and carried that injury into the euros and you can see he’s rusty. He’s miles behind everyone in terms of match fitness.

On top of that we’ve been changing our first 11 a hell of a lot more than usual, a result of suspensions and injuries. Over the next 10-15 games we will see how the season is going. I think in that time we will turn it around and build a gap over them.

Don’t talk Shute !
We never lost a league game in the season including 5 months in 2021
We won Europa games too
Get tae bed and gies peace.
You can win games and not play well, it’s not some strange phenomena

I suggest you watch the first 6 months of the season vs the last 6 months. it was 2 different sides

Covid, injuries, late returns, using competitive games as pre season, players being managed as they cannot play every game.

All the above doesn’t help as the manager has to chop and change so much. Hopefully once most is resolved and we can get back to a settled 9 out 11 then we will be 100% better.

It looks as though we are standing still really.
However I am happy we are in the EL rather than the conferece and I will wait to see how we get on after we complete 11 league matches. We might see more of the new players by then before judging. I still think we lack a midfield general and the defence doesn't look organised, that team threatened us with 10 men in the 2nd half.

Sunday will be the marker. I’m anticipating them going gung ho all out attack.

We should be able to stick 3 or 4 by them if we are on form. If.

I'm still clinging to the hope it was a piss poor pre-season,don't lose on Sunday and we have 2 weeks to get our shit together during the international break.
I think this is the case, the down side of having a good team is that we have more internationals.

Our squad still has strength in depth, and you even after the county game before covid news, you saw the rhythm on the pitch more and even Gerrard sounding more confident about is being settled. Even if we lose in Sunday, no disaster. I feel we are now more mature as a club, don't go crazy when we're winning, don't panic when things are amiss.

Their squad is still very weak, a few injuries and they will be stretched again. If ange ball was so good, why do no top clubs play like that? It reminds me of when we won the SC semi final, we went out all guns blazing and played the best we could, almost surprised them.. but did we win the cup? And even the second half of the season with Warburton teams started to give us a much tougher game

Let's see where we are in a few months.

I'm really concerned with the way we're playing but if anyone had watched they yahoo c.unts tonight it would surely give us a bit of hope.

Think there’s a player or two who simply don’t want to be there too if I’m honest.

That's the default negative stance, player doesn't want to be here or the other favourites, shitebag or doesn't try a leg.

Do you think we have a manager who is going to let individuals damage his credibility? In reality as well players at every club may well have an eye on other opportunities....doesn't mean they don't kick their arse indeed if it did no one would get transferred anywhere.

We haven't signed anyone since last summer that's a first 11 starter

Wright
Simpson
Ofoborah
Sakala
Lundstrum
Bacuna

Are any of them getting into our best 11?

What annoys me with that list is if you roll all that cash together you could have bought 1 player that walks into th starting 11 and raises the quality overnight

None of them get into our strongest 11 at the moment anyway

That's the default negative stance, player doesn't want to be here or the other favourites, shitebag or doesn't try a leg.

Do you think we have a manager who is going to let individuals damage his credibility? In reality as well players at every club may well have an eye on other opportunities....doesn't mean they don't kick their arse indeed if it did no one would get transferred anywhere.
Yeah that’s all fine, if you just close your eyes and ignore the level of performance being offered now compared with last season.

Mix of things really for me but the main one is we haven't had a settled starting 11. We do look a bit disjointed but we had a disrupted pre-season hopefully get a result at weekend and head into the international break with some confidence. 3 games during the international break so a chance for some of the players who will go away to get minutes in the legs that they've missed out on so far.

Yeah that’s all fine, if you just close your eyes and ignore the level of performance being offered now compared with last season.
That's not the same argument though is it?
Who kicked their arse tonight? A few players maybe three were ok....you suggesting the other 8 want away?

We haven't signed anyone since last summer that's a first 11 starter

Wright
Simpson
Ofoborah
Sakala
Lundstrum
Bacuna

Are any of them getting into our best 11?

Bacuna was only signed a few days ago, I’m also
in no doubt Lundstram was signed as a starter (rightly or wrongly”

I take your point however, my point is - give them time

Something is wrong. Tonight we played a piss poor team who had 10 men for more than half the game and we couldnt put them away. There isno hiding from the fact it was a very poor performance, we missed chances and still looked vulnerable at times which does not bode well for sunday. Hopefully the crowd can make the team lift the level on sunday though and we get bit of pace back.

Back