Darren Gough rinsing the mhanks on talk sport

It’s been a difficult time for us recently, what with all these titles and accolades the mhanks are winning, I think they have won the 3rd best completed passes in Europe title, they also sit top of the ‘expected’ points table as well, this coupled with ‘Ange Ball’ and Joe Hart taking a quick goal kick to emphasise this philosophy, it’s good that guys like Gough in the media are bringing them down to Earth again.

That stat can't be right? Even if it's not including qualifiers they scored 2 against AC Milan last season

If a team spent 20 minutes passing the ball across their own half going nowhere it would increase their XG would it not?
Michael Beale pulled apart xG on his possession coach thing the other day. Saying how some teams will allow the opposition possession in non dangerous areas and then hit on the counter, therefore having lower xG but still winning. Also a league 2 team could have a high xG in a game but never score because of the quality of striker, whereas Ronaldos team could have low xG in a game but you expect him to score with 1 chance. So essentially aye it’s a lot of absolute nonsense lol.

No idea where he's got that from, it's absolute bollocks isn't it?

I do love the "expected points" table though - hoping to see a cheeky mock-up Europa version later tonight if they get pumped and we get a result.

I've just looked back on their results and I haven't got a clue what he is on about. Was there more context to the 19-1?

Even before injuries and religious holidays you wouldn't have given them much of a chance of a point tonight. I am not saying they would've got hammered tonight but technically I expect Betis to be far superior and have much of the possession.

Now with injuries etc I am expecting they lose by about 3 but the excuses are already in. Heard some of them last night on SSB, saying they are not bothered if they lose 2 or 3 tonight.

They are letting Ange away with murder because he seems like a nice guy. It will be interesting to see if the lose tonight and draw or lose at the weekend how they react to Ange then. Especially if somehow we get a win tonight and win on Sunday.

Hold on a minute!

Are they seriously treating the "expected league table" as an achievement?
it really is a load of nonsense this table. you simulate the chances 100000 times, not the whole game. The first tackle could have a different outcome that could change the entire course of the game, never mind the strength and direction of the kick off

I saw this what are the points actually based on
it will be based on the eduard chance at Ibrox hitting the back of the net 99% of the time in the 100000 chance simulations, no doubt helanders header misses more often too so they win that game more often than they lose it

I saw this what are the points actually based on
Well, they get the likes of old crater face, Spiers and Daily Record's esteemed and impartial football experts to tell them who they hope, I mean "expect", to win each game.

If there's another COVID curtailment to the season, the shameless chancers will be wanting this to be used to decide the league!

Back