Darren Gough rinsing the mhanks on talk sport

Well, they get the likes of old crater face, Spiers and Daily Record's esteemed and impartial football experts to tell them who they hope, I mean "expect", to win each game.

If there's another COVID curtailment to the season, the shameless chancers will be wanting this to be used to decide the league!
Hahaha, you're not wrong

If a team spent 20 minutes passing the ball across their own half going nowhere it would increase their XG would it not?

No that's not how the stat works mate. It rates chance quality based on position of the attempt on goal and various other things.

I don't understand it fully myself but passes that don't lead to chances wouldn't increase xG.

The stats definitely not perfect right though and as some folk have pointed out, our very own Mick Beale pointed out its flaws recently.

They were claiming Hart's ability to make a routine save then take a goal kick, as some kind of superhuman achievement too!
They actually had to edit that because the actual incident wasn’t as impressive as getting straight up to take a goal kick after an easy save.

Is he not on it anymore stopped listening to Talksport when I retired few years beck
He's doing the match day experience on Talksport or some such bollocks. I think he's lost his drive time to that sleazy little oddball Goldstein. I'm the same, I no longer listen to it on the regular. I've got things to do and I've developed a weird awareness of the time passing.

Back