Irvine Vics v Pollok - Abandoned at 90 mins

andy17x

Would have been there today but since we were playing at 3pm didn't

Match abandoned at 90 mins (94th to be exact)

A player from each side sent off (no surprise it was Shaun Fraser who got 2 yellows really quickly for Pollok). Murdie booked from the Pollok bench. Reports are then Irvine Vics coach ran 40 yards and punched a Pollok player and it all kicked off.

2-1 Pollok at the time.

Last edited:
They’d better not replay that game as talbot go to pollok next week :D

My mate is part of pollok ground staff said ref just walked away after it kicked off as punches thrown
he thinks club s might get thrown out competition

Send in the brooklyn brawler
3873-1-5da240e982577.jpg

Not really a niggly affair to be honest. Ref possibly made a rod for his own back by sending off Shaun Fraser with a second yellow which was harsh. Vics then lost the plot and had a man sent off in response. Ref had no option but to abandon. Thankfully it was never ever in danger of spilling on to the terraces.

Vics, football wise, made a game of it.

Back down the road to take on their neighbours on Wednesday.

MTLN

Why does there seem to be a lot of hassle at junior games? Is there just a lot of neds involved in the clubs and support?
Occasionally things get out of hand mate, but it isn’t what you would call commonplace. Ayrshire local rivalries can get a bit tasty though.

I guess you could describe it as ‘earthy’ if you were a snob. To me, it’s just ordinary people going to watch grass roots football.

Why does there seem to be a lot of hassle at junior games? Is there just a lot of neds involved in the clubs and support?
There’s not really. It’s just an exaggerated reputation.

Juniors games are usually brilliant entertainment, mixed crowds with decent people and the food is great and very reasonably priced.

I would recommend a Junior game if you are not going to see RFC.

:)

Not really a niggly affair to be honest. Ref possibly made a rod for his own back by sending off Shaun Fraser with a second yellow which was harsh. Vics then lost the plot and had a man sent off in response. Ref had no option but to abandon. Thankfully it was never ever in danger of spilling on to the terraces.

Vics, football wise, made a game of it.

Back down the road to take on their neighbours on Wednesday.

MTLN
Why? Would one of the teams have been reduced to 6 men? If not, it seemed to me from the footage that it was calming down and the field could have been cleared of non-playing staff and the last few seconds played.

Why? Would one of the teams have been reduced to 6 men? If not, it seemed to me from the footage that it was calming down and the field could have been cleared of non-playing staff and the last few seconds played.
It was a crazy melee, mate. If you had witnessed it in the flesh, you would probably have sided with the ref. He also had no official linesmen to call on for impartial advice on trying to sort out the mess.

Like most in the ground, I was disappointed at the game being shelved with a minute or so to play. Tensions were so high, especially on the home bench, that trying to send culprits off may well have been more hassle than it was worth.

Junior football? -

"A junior team came to play in Glenbuck and brought a crowd of hooligans with them on a special train to cause trouble and disrupt the game and help them win it that way. They started a fight - oh, what a brawl it was! - Men were belting each other against barbed wire. There were a few broken noses that day."

This is from Bill Shankly's autobiography describing a game nearly a hundred years ago!

I demand an emergency summit at the Scottish assembly on Monday calling for all junior football to be banned.

That's how it works innit ;)

Yes it's rife through Youth and in to Juniors.
Neds!
I've been going to 'Junior' games for 20 years and seen hassle in 2 out of hundreds and hundreds of games. Both were nearly 10 years ago - one involved Kilbirnie dafties and another handbags stuff.

Very little hassle at your average non league senior game which what it is these days.

Irvine Victoria are tight bastards and should have paid for linesmen today.

Shaun Fraser is the angriest footballer I have ever seen.

There’s not really. It’s just an exaggerated reputation.

Juniors games are usually brilliant entertainment, mixed crowds with decent people and the food is great and very reasonably priced.

I would recommend a Junior game if you are not going to see RFC.

:)
Well said, good day out and most teams have clubs or pubs inside or just outside their grounds you can get a no hassle pint or two before a game.

I've been going to 'Junior' games for 20 years and seen hassle in 2 out of hundreds and hundreds of games. Both were nearly 10 years ago - one involved Kilbirnie dafties and another handbags stuff.

Very little hassle at your average non league senior game which what it is these days.

Irvine Victoria are tight bastards and should have paid for linesmen today.

Shaun Fraser is the angriest footballer I have ever seen.
Good point.

He needlessly gets involved. His temperament is suspect to say the least. It hinders his game.

What the hell has our country become? Thinking this is a laugh and just normal rivalry is wrong on so many levels. Yea, I’m sure it’s happened before but this isn’t before.
Some people are scum and some are worse.
No wonder that ref just walked away. He’s doing a job that he doesn’t need to do and obviously had enough.
The beautiful game EH?

What the hell has our country become? Thinking this is a laugh and just normal rivalry is wrong on so many levels. Yea, I’m sure it’s happened before but this isn’t before.
Some people are scum and some are worse.
No wonder that ref just walked away. He’s doing a job that he doesn’t need to do and obviously had enough.
The beautiful game EH?
Granted, it’s not great but it is hardly a full scale riot. Scum? Don’t you think that you’re being a bit ott?

Granted, it’s not great but it is hardly a full scale riot. Scum? Don’t you think that you’re being a bit ott?
Yea, maybe a bit ott, but when people are wandering across the pitch, including small children, while there is a major incident that causes the ref to abandon the game, then it’s a free for all.
Not one bit of self awareness or decorum.
‘Thugs’ is not quite correct, so ‘scum‘ it is.

I played with Shaun for a couple of years at 21s level and he picked up the odd red card but never came across as being particularly angry at all. Right good player

Yea, maybe a bit ott, but when people are wandering across the pitch, including small children, while there is a major incident that causes the ref to abandon the game, then it’s a free for all.
Not one bit of self awareness or decorum.
‘Thugs’ is not quite correct, so ‘scum‘ it is.
There were no people wandering across the pitch. You seen one teenager running along the touchline in the first clip. He wasn’t involved. A mountain out of a molehill.

Your assessment of the situation is so wide of the mark.

I played with Shaun for a couple of years at 21s level and he picked up the odd red card but never came across as being particularly angry at all. Right good player
He loves to niggle, mate, a lot of it needlessly. He got sent off for basically nothing today though.

Good point.

He needlessly gets involved. His temperament is suspect to say the least. It hinders his game.
I think Shaun was off the pitch at the time so fk all to do it , why not look at the viics bench for the blame scumbags

I think Shaun was off the pitch at the time so fk all to do it , why not look at the viics bench for the blame scumbags
You are picking me up wrong mate. I know that he was in the dressing room. I meant that he needlessly gets involved with needle on the park generally speaking.

The Vics bench certainly wasn’t blameless.

Back