Irvine Vics v Pollok - Abandoned at 90 mins

If Irvine Victoria paid £50 for two linesmen or women would have been no hassle I am sure. Their committee are tighter than their excuse for a pitch.

What the hell has our country become? Thinking this is a laugh and just normal rivalry is wrong on so many levels. Yea, I’m sure it’s happened before but this isn’t before.
Some people are scum and some are worse.
No wonder that ref just walked away. He’s doing a job that he doesn’t need to do and obviously had enough.
The beautiful game EH?
FFS, this sort of stuff has been commonplace in junior football for decades.

What the hell has our country become? Thinking this is a laugh and just normal rivalry is wrong on so many levels. Yea, I’m sure it’s happened before but this isn’t before.
No wonder that ref just walked away. He’s doing a job that he doesn’t need to do and obviously had enough.
The beautiful game EH?
Poor wee lamb.

Heard both were thrown out of the competition which was a bit of a shock tbh

The mobile phone footage is too far away, and no worse than I have seen at other heated junior games in the past.

Does anyone know what happened? Something must have started it.

Looks like handbags, I've had bigger scraps with my granny!!! Referee must be a bit of a fud if he walked away, particularly so late on. Just blow the final whistle and be done with it.

The beautiful game EH?
Were you a school prefect that was always told to fk off. Talk about an over reaction.

Either that or your at the wind up.

Last edited:
What the hell has our country become?
Nothing that it wasn't 30/40 years ago in junior football. Just that there are video recorders in all the fans' pockets.

The incidents of 30/40 years ago are the stuff of legend for the few fans that turned up. Today, videos are shared worldwide in seconds

The beautiful game EH?
Top class. I can hear the clutching of pearls from here!

The sjfa don’t accept video footage so it’s down to the ref ( there were no linesmen yes it is 2021 )so the scumbag who ran on and punched a player gets away with it ,

Nothing that it wasn't 30/40 years ago in junior football. Just that there are video recorders in all the fans' pockets.

The incidents of 30/40 years ago are the stuff of legend for the few fans that turned up. Today, videos are shared worldwide in seconds
Kilbirnie v Beith or Auchinleck in the mid to late 70s were epic
Still get talked about today
Hard to judge from the video but didn't look like much at all in comparison

The sjfa don’t accept video footage so it’s down to the ref ( there were no linesmen yes it is 2021 )so the scumbag who ran on and punched a player gets away with it ,
Unfortunately there aren't enough officials to go around but I do think cup games should have them

I had business at Irvine Meadow and was very surprised at the facilities they had for fans,A really decent wee lounge bar where you can have a pre match drink,I don’t know exactly the set up but you can purchase a ticket for the game that includes a few beers.

Back