6.30 catering update

Just arrived at game with 12yr old daughter, and bought 2 hotdogs (no burgers available), 1 dairymilk and 1 small diet coke. £16.50

Please Rangers, if anyone is remotely involved with this side of the business, sort this out before we go any further. This food is inedible. Its properly disgusting.

Historically I never bought the offerings inside the ground and always went to vans outside. However in recent years, and a mix of my lassie wanting grub and me having a sense of wanting to pay into the club, we got a burger from catering in the ground. It was never great, but it filled a hole

This new stuff is so bad. As a support we deserve better and I genuinely am left with a sense of wonder who at the club thinks this downgrade in scran is okay?

Rant over.
Sweetie wife.

Just arrived at game with 12yr old daughter, and bought 2 hotdogs (no burgers available), 1 dairymilk and 1 small diet coke. £16.50

Please Rangers, if anyone is remotely involved with this side of the business, sort this out before we go any further. This food is inedible. Its properly disgusting.

Historically I never bought the offerings inside the ground and always went to vans outside. However in recent years, and a mix of my lassie wanting grub and me having a sense of wanting to pay into the club, we got a burger from catering in the ground. It was never great, but it filled a hole

This new stuff is so bad. As a support we deserve better and I genuinely am left with a sense of wonder who at the club thinks this downgrade in scran is okay?

Rant over.
Lesson learned. Maybe best buy stuff from the vans outside or just take them to McDonalds at Govan

There’s loads of burger vans outside mind.

But yeah, most of the shite from previous will be gone.

The new providers are mostly for gourmet food style as was shown in their previous threads and other clubs

Have hot dogs in BR, issue is they are made to order (sauces etc) fine tonight but not scaleable.

No burgers and the cartons of water are out on the counter getting warm.

Why do so many have a blind spot about this issue. The club is rightly criticised when it is seen to be taking fans for granted or overcharging for tickets, merchandise etc, this is part of the same issue. No-one is turning up to Ibrox expecting fantastic cuisine, but an edible and warm burger or pie along with cold water or an actually fizzy coke isn't asking the world. Its really poor.

Rant over.
If you’d handed the guy £16.90 and told him to keep the change, you’d get my sympathy.

Appreciate we’ve changed caterers but personally I’d never buy any food/drink in any football stadium

Rant over.

You would have been on here gloating if charged £16.90

Why do so many have a blind spot about this issue. The club is rightly criticised when it is seen to be taking fans for granted or overcharging for tickets, merchandise etc, this is part of the same issue. No-one is turning up to Ibrox expecting fantastic cuisine, but an edible and warm burger or pie along with cold water or an actually fizzy coke isn't asking the world. Its really poor.

Exactly, folk saying eat outside the ground are completely missing the point and being deliberately
Obtuse

Longer than that but a new catering company has got the contract and people have a right to expect improvements
Anyone buying food inside a stadium the size of Ibrox is a mug to be honest, even in the superclub stadiums the food is a tenth of the quality and ten times the price of what you can get within 50 feet of your turnstile.

5.95 for a burger or a hot dog.
3.40 steak pie
3.00 scotch pie
2.70 tea/coffee/bovril
3.20 for a juice
1.50 Chocolate or crisps
2.20 carton of water

Steak pie was really good

Good prices. Would be better if they had something non-meat or white meat related though too.

Rant over.
If it’s the same nacho hot dog they didn’t have in GR then the moral of the story is don’t buy vegetarian food.

Last edited:
It has always amazed me that people are prepared to part with money for the overpriced utter garbage dished out at Ibrox.

But as long as you buy it, they’ll sell it.
That's not really the issue though is it, more of a symptom. If you're taking young kids with you you should be able to go to the counter and get something edible.

Just confirms to me that I’ll continue to eat from the vans on Edmiston drive.

That's not really the issue though is it, more of a symptom. If you're taking young kids with you you should be able to go to the counter and get something edible.
You probably should be, yes.

Purveyors of crap only understand 1 thing, no sales.

Why would anyone improve the catering when there are massive queues to buy the crap?

There needs to be a concerted effort to boycott the catering.

Back