Affected Supporters

You’re an embarrassment

Surprised you manage to even leave the house in the morning with how paranoid you are
Rodgers is already making noises today about a return to ‘how it used to be’.

"The aim at Celtic was never to change it, so if we can get back to what it was before it was changed then that would be absolutely great news for everyone.“

I don’t think it will happen, but let’s not pretend it isn’t their ultimate goal.

There's no perfect answer with a stadium that holds fewer fans than we could sell tickets to for certain matches but can't always fill for other games especially if we're not playing well. People who can't afford STs were essentially 'locked out' of old firm games for most of the 90s & 2000s. Not fair? People who have STs but only turn up to certain games. Not fair? Etc, etc.

It was only a matter of time before some form of agreement was in place for away fans for the fixture ongoing.
Totally agree that anyone missing out deserves the first refusal on tickets for the game at their place.
I’d love it if that happened, all these rockets bumping their gums about going to the knew camp would meltdown.

Just had this ridiculous response back from Rangers so called Customer Service team when I suggested there would be a better option than 'first come first served'.

So much for the big investment in customer service and fan liason. They don't give a flying fxxx for the people that pour in money year after year.

Graeme xxxxx (Rangers FC)

29 Mar 2024, 16:12 GMT

Hi Iain

Thanks for the email.

We appreciate your feedback but unfortunately the club have made the decision on this and there will be no alterative options available.

Kind Regards
Graeme

They’ll keep the one they have minus old firm tickets
And you’d be happy if that was the deal on YOUR season ticket?

It will be virtually impossible to let everyone relocate permanently - especially a Parent and child/children (from the Family Stand remember) - and it will be very, very difficult to relocate them for the two OF games.

That’s a shit position to be in if you and your kid are amongst those impacted.

We could at least guarantee the seat movers one old firm game each. There should be enough tickets in other areas to guarantee BR4 5 and BF4 and 5 one game each and then any left still goes to them but fastest finger first. I realise I'm screwed here as no way I'm getting three season tickets together in another area of the ground permanently but there must be something the club can do to get people like myself seats for at least one of the games.

Any bear who misses out at Ibrox for them should be guaranteed a piggery ticket, only fair. I am not affected by this.
Those affected aren’t even guaranteed another seat at Ibrox for the OF games, so I doubt if they will get a guaranteed ticket for the piggery.

Do you know the league stepped in?
I'd say it's a combination of the league and sky wanting fans at the Grounds as much as anything there was always going to be a compromise we have prob went to far.

This isn't so much about the fans it's about away tickets as well all the other clubs are cutting away allocations so it's about mygers as well it behind unwanted if there is no chance of tickets.

The other clubs are unaffected at the moment but I imagine that they will be pushed into giving tickets at some point as well

We could at least guarantee the seat movers one old firm game each. There should be enough tickets in other areas to guarantee BR4 5 and BF4 and 5 one game each and then any left still goes to them but fastest finger first. I realise I'm screwed here as no way I'm getting three season tickets together in another area of the ground permanently but there must be something the club can do to get people like myself seats for at least one of the games.
The problem will be with BR5 being the family section there will be high percentage of people wanting seats together. If we sell out season tickets like previous years there won't be thousands of seats together to move to. Unless there is a big drop in renewals I think a lot are going to be disappointed.

Just had this ridiculous response back from Rangers so called Customer Service team when I suggested there would be a better option than 'first come first served'.

So much for the big investment in customer service and fan liason. They don't give a flying fxxx for the people that pour in money year after year.

Graeme xxxxx (Rangers FC)

29 Mar 2024, 16:12 GMT

Hi Iain

Thanks for the email.

We appreciate your feedback but unfortunately the club have made the decision on this and there will be no alterative options available.

Kind Regards
Graeme
I was just about going to do the same thing but thought that this would be the stock answer.

We get far more than 5% at every away ground apart from the piggery (lately) and Tynecastle.
Going forward that isn't going to be the case. Hibs and Aberdeen cutting allocations.
This is a huge misstep by the board.
From they won't get more than 800 to oh here's 3 times that amount and it will grow. Already you have Rodgers starting the narrative.
Bending over for folk that hate you...this board are the epitome of being cucks

I was just about going to do the same thing but thought that this would be the stock answer.
I've also sent a note to SLO on Twitter suggesting this issue needed more engagement. It is not the same as the UB > Copland issue; but not far off it in terms of numbers affected I suspect. And that got a huge amount of consultation and dialogue.

Will this lead to Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts also requesting a 5% allocation, what is so different about Celtic ?

Once again we have backed down and been played like a fiddle.

Edit - Apparently derby games have different rulings.
It stands to reason that the two biggest clubs in the country have the biggest allocations at each other’s grounds.

Going forward that isn't going to be the case. Hibs and Aberdeen cutting allocations.
This is a huge misstep by the board.
From they won't get more than 800 to oh here's 3 times that amount and it will grow. Already you have Rodgers starting the narrative.
Bending over for folk that hate you...this board are the epitome of being cucks
I genuinely don't know what kind of projection of power you thought we were giving off when we cut the initial allocation because it just made us look like weak gimps to anyone on the outside looking in.

Hibs, Aberdeen etc cutting our allocations to appease the nutters in their support is just as sad as our club appeasing our support when crying about them getting the Broomloan.

We could have at the time tried to negotiate a better allocation at the piggery on the basis that the percentage and placement was unfair but we went full nuclear and now the SPFL has stepped in with their rule book.

I genuinely don't know what kind of projection of power you thought we were giving off when we cut the initial allocation because it just made us look like weak gimps to anyone on the outside looking in.

Hibs, Aberdeen etc cutting our allocations to appease the nutters in their support is just as sad as our club appeasing our support when crying about them getting the Broomloan.

We could have at the time tried to negotiate a better allocation at the piggery on the basis that the percentage and placement was unfair but we went full nuclear and now the SPFL has stepped in with their rule book.
There is no SPFL rulebook. If there were where was it when we went to the piggery?

And the Oscar goes to. Most Rangers fans cannot go to an Old Firm match anyway. Having a season ticket gives you more access than most.

All the my Gers gold punters who think they are the only people who support the team personally I think they are as self entitled as the goon platoon from across the city the difference being them scum bastards would run rings round them as this allocation decision has proven
Having copped a ban recently for allegedly voicing some strong opinions, I'm keeping my inner thoughts on this to myself Bud.
I just thought the suggestion of first dibs for those inconvenienced was decent.

I was happy the club took the decision they did to reduce the yahoo allocation to the corner same as every other away support in Scotland.

I’m more frustrated we have back tracked on it now though and it does ‘appear’ on the face of it we are the ones who have relented.

Granted pressure would have been applied by spl and sky, as well as the yahoo.

There is no SPFL rulebook. If there were where was it when we went to the piggery?
Seeing as we instigated the split to well below 5% to begin with I don't think we can shout J'accuse when Celtic binned it altogether.

This is the compromise we are having to make due to our own actions.

Just my tuppence worth but when they had the full Broomloan stand, season Tkt’s were sold with the proviso that they did not include Celtic games but those season Tkt’s still sold out and I don’t remember any arguments. Probably find that will be the case when renewals come out for that stand.
Or am I wrong?????
Not taking sides here one way or another. Just sayin
We bought ours in BF4 last season in Championship.
Family stand Old Firm was excluded but BF you were given the choice.
We chose to include and we’re moved either to the corner or club deck but always got a seat as that’s what we paid for.

Who in their right mind would want to be kettled in for two hours before a game sit in a restricted view seat then kept in the shittip for an hour after the game finishes because some scumbag has their seat
Here's my issue. Why doesn't his happen at Ibrox. Home fans are inconvenienced by the mentally challenged barrier,the scum should be in well before the ko and kept in until Rangers fans disperse.
Also Rangers should be demanding that the scum stewards keep their hands off our players

I think there are lots of seats dotted around the stadium that are not season tickets and the club holds them back for general sale. I know there are 2 near me, i have enquired about for my daughter and they wont let them be sold for season tickets.

I also think SKY has a say in this because the Old Firm game lost its appeal with no fans

Seeing as we instigated the split to well below 5% to begin with I don't think we can shout J'accuse when Celtic binned it altogether.

We offered 800, they refused them. They didn't even off mer us tickets. What did spfl do? Phuck all. Now because the scum want more we have this 5% rule from nowhere.

I don’t think 5% was mentioned in the rules.

‘A reasonable allocation’ if my memory serves me right.

Obviously ‘a reasonable allocation’ can be relative depending on viewpoint.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
It's a disgraceful decision,
Up there with one of the worst we've my made,

I back you 100% even though I don't sit in that section,
If it inconveniences one fan it does it to all of us,

I can't believe we've let them back in,
A support that there own club has banned,
We live to regret this decision unfortunately

We offered 800, they refused them. They didn't even off mer us tickets. What did spfl do? Phuck all. Now because the scum want more we have this 5% rule from nowhere.
it isn't just them though is it. It's Sky and plenty of our own support too that want to see a return to a sizeable away support.

The 800 split was a nonsense to begin, utterly laughable, pointless and going by videos was clearly a danger to our support at their ground.

It really did have to be a case of a proper split or none at all. I'm just glad there's been a common sense one taken as I thought that all league games going forward would be home fans only.

Seemingly there's not enough spare seats to accommodate everyone but what I don't get is why is that the case when extra cantilever seating is being installed?
Let's wait and see. BR is supposed to be the family stand and a lot of folk don't allow their kids to attend OF games so not everyone will want a move. Some might even welcome the reduction in ST costs

The problem will be with BR5 being the family section there will be high percentage of people wanting seats together. If we sell out season tickets like previous years there won't be thousands of seats together to move to. Unless there is a big drop in renewals I think a lot are going to be disappointed.
Unless they move the family section to BR1 to replace the Union Bears

I’m in BF4 and absolutely gutted to lose the seats my son and I have been in for years but the euro allocation seems the logical one as we’ve always been able to shuffle people around to manage that.

What will make this “right or wrong” will be how the seat moves are done - if they factor in the move of the UB out of BF1 and the CF3 folks moving around then I think they can keep twos and threes etc together. If it’s literally just a scramble for available seats I reckon it’s going to be a disaster.

Late to this so forgive my ignorance but are season ticket holders just get moved or are some missing out?
I was under the impression we could take a Euro type allocation and still have a full amount of season ticket holders attend, not the case?

Back