Affected Supporters

Late to this so forgive my ignorance but are season ticket holders just get moved or are some missing out?
I was under the impression we could take a Euro type allocation and still have a full amount of season ticket holders attend, not the case?
They're getting the option to keep their seat without OF games with a price reduction and priority to buy any available OF tickets or they can apply for a seat transfer.

it isn't just them though is it. It's Sky and plenty of our own support too that want to see a return to a sizeable away support.

The 800 split was a nonsense to begin, utterly laughable, pointless and going by videos was clearly a danger to our support at their ground.

It really did have to be a case of a proper split or none at all. I'm just glad there's been a common sense one taken as I thought that all league games going forward would be home fans only.
Common sense isn't any of our STHs missing out, this isnt that.
SKY should have phuck all to do with what we do or don't do regards away fans.

I think there are lots of seats dotted around the stadium that are not season tickets and the club holds them back for general sale. I know there are 2 near me, i have enquired about for my daughter and they wont let them be sold for season tickets.

I also think SKY has a say in this because the Old Firm game lost its appeal with no fans
The old firm didn’t lose his appeal because of that, it’s lost it because we got booted down the leagues, I live down south and almost all football fans have said this. Some don’t even bother watching any Scottish football now as it’s rotten. They switched off and never returned, that’s on the clubs that voted us out.
Before we were booted down the leagues I believe the old firm match and Rangers games in general were some of skys top watched games, even more than most EPL games.
We will be living with the repercussions of this now forever.

Just had this ridiculous response back from Rangers so called Customer Service team when I suggested there would be a better option than 'first come first served'.

So much for the big investment in customer service and fan liason. They don't give a flying fxxx for the people that pour in money year after year.

Graeme xxxxx (Rangers FC)

29 Mar 2024, 16:12 GMT

Hi Iain

Thanks for the email.

We appreciate your feedback but unfortunately the club have made the decision on this and there will be no alterative options available.

Kind Regards
Graeme

What a grim response.

Seen a screenshot of the email that's been sent to supporters affected. Looks like not everyone who is willing/wanting to move (option 2) to guarantee old firm games will get it. Says first come first serve. So is it fasted fingers first when renewals come round? Poor if that's the case for them.

Unless they move the family section to BR1 to replace the Union Bears
Could be an option but there is also the people moving from Copland as well who don't want the cantilever seats. Renewals should be out in a few weeks so people should know soon but with a new ticket system rolled out and all these changes I can't see everyone being happy.

The fact they are leaving it to first come first served makes me think they know its not going to be possible to move everyone. It will be some thread on here when the renewal email drops and it becomes clear what's available for those impacted.

Just had this ridiculous response back from Rangers so called Customer Service team when I suggested there would be a better option than 'first come first served'.

So much for the big investment in customer service and fan liason. They don't give a flying fxxx for the people that pour in money year after year.

Graeme xxxxx (Rangers FC)

29 Mar 2024, 16:12 GMT

Hi Iain

Thanks for the email.

We appreciate your feedback but unfortunately the club have made the decision on this and there will be no alterative options available.

Kind Regards
Graeme
Appalling treatment by the club.

What a great buzz kill this is for the affected fans.

Seen a screenshot of the email that's been sent to supporters affected. Looks like not everyone who is willing/wanting to move (option 2) to guarantee old firm games will get it. Says first come first serve. So is it fasted fingers first when renewals come round? Poor if that's the case for them.
Yes, that’s the case. I got the same email.

Maybe part of the deal is bisgrove can use his wee old firm banner again. Sell out

Common sense isn't any of our STHs missing out, this isnt that.
SKY should have phuck all to do with what we do or don't do regards away fans.
Then our club shouldn't have been so gun ho in selling so many STs - we should always keep a sizeable amount for public sale or wiggle room for today's announcement.

Like it or not Sky is the SPFLs biggest commercial investor. Also, even if they were to be replaced then said investor would no doubt want a sizeable away support in the biggest selling point of the Scottish game.

People need to realise the way you feel about the club is not the same as how the club feels about you, you are nothing more than a number, a cash cow that can be easily replaced by someone who will be happy to take your place.

Suck it up and accept it because the club have already proven they don't care about your loyalty or connections to the club, or your seat/season ticket, they will play on it to get your blue pound, but in reality you are just a replaceable seat filler.

Oh and Bisgrove is as weak as piss as a leader of our club
Post of the day

The Copeland bears have been told for a season they just rent a seat the club can do as they please
And the Broomloan bears have been told this for decades.

Rangers fans in the Broomloan were told to "suck it up", but by Christ the toys were well and truly chucked when it was announced the UBs were moving to the Copland.

Then our club shouldn't have been so gun ho in selling so many STs - we should always keep a sizeable amount for public sale or wiggle room for today's announcement.

Like it or not Sky is the SPFLs biggest commercial investor. Also, even if they were to be replaced then said investor would no doubt want a sizeable away support in the biggest selling point of the Scottish game.
The club shouldn't have been looking after it's own fans and making money?
Aye ok mate

People need to realise the way you feel about the club is not the same as how the club feels about you, you are nothing more than a number, a cash cow that can be easily replaced by someone who will be happy to take your place.

Suck it up and accept it because the club have already proven they don't care about your loyalty or connections to the club, or your seat/season ticket, they will play on it to get your blue pound, but in reality you are just a replaceable seat filler.

Hear, hear

And you’d be happy if that was the deal on YOUR season ticket?

It will be virtually impossible to let everyone relocate permanently - especially a Parent and child/children (from the Family Stand remember) - and it will be very, very difficult to relocate them for the two OF games.

That’s a shit position to be in if you and your kid are amongst those impacted.
I get to see my club I’d be fine with it after the initial annoyance.

They’ll be fine honestly it’s got to get back to some sort spectacle.

As a compromise the club could offer those affected a guaranteed ticket for the away fixture??

Not when it leads to consequences like this and people flinging their toys out of the pram, no! definitely not.
Imagine being upset at supporting the club financially only for them to phuck you over. Not only that but the cheek to still hold out the begging bowl for the other games.
If you think that's acceptable then fair enough I don't and I'm not affected by this situation.

Sad truth of the matter TBH.

Doesn’t make it any less sickening for the attendees/customers.

Today’s announcement won’t affect me personally, but it’s still disgusting.

The statement released by the club states that alternative seating has been identified for those affected.
I take it the emails/info sent out by the club to affected fans doesn't state that?

Grow up , posted on the other thread. This is a result and keeps them out of the Broomloan.
If this had gone to an independent/ arbitrary decision we could have lost out.
Errr... Liverpool allocation was 2636 tickets which is the model we'll be using.

That lot will have the corner and 25% of the stand, so will not be "kept out of the Broomloan" at all.

image.png

The statement released by the club states that alternative seating has been identified for those affected.
I take it the emails/info sent out by the club to affected fans doesn't state that?
Option 2
You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Not sure how to take this last part. The question is is there enough seats to accommodate everyone or is it the case that those who do not get served first will lose 5heir season ticket.

See post #91 for the email sent out. It says seats will be on a first come, first served basis.

That would be a great idea, see how all the self loathing fans like them apples. Unreal tye amount of people who want their own fans displaced or removed to allow that filth into the ground. Mind boggling
We must be needing seats renewed as they will surely destroy most of them when we pump them.

Imagine being upset at supporting the club financially only for them to phuck you over. Not only that but the cheek to still hold out the begging bowl for the other games.
If you think that's acceptable then fair enough I don't and I'm not affected by this situation.
If those taking up season tickets in that area of the ground thought they were going to get OF tickets every season then how naive can they be? They had to know this was coming at some point. It’s ridiculous to suggest the club were going to do anything different really. It’s unfortunate for those missing out, nothing more. The club haven’t fucked anyone over.

Those who received an email today to say there's a chance we might be locked out of future Old Firms will feel betrayed by the club.

We are just as loyal as any other season ticket holder. We pay our money the same as any other season ticket holder. We get behind the team the same as any other season ticket holder.

But today we have been let down by the board.

Not one Rangers supporter should be locked out of Ibrox to accommodate a tramp but today that's what we've been told.

Id like to think that if one single supporter misses out that the Rangers support as a whole would get behind them and voice their displeasure.

A lot won't show any sympathy as it doesn't affect them but a lot of good Bears have been let down today.
Broomloan has always been that way. The atmosphere is dire. I used to have a broomloan season ticket when they had the full stand. Dry your eyes!

This doesn't affect me yet but has serious potential to when I get moved out of my seat in the Govan Front. Given we'll be the last to be moved, we might have nothing left to move to but a seat with no old firm games. I'll be giving it up if that comes to pass.

If those taking up season tickets in that area of the ground thought they were going to get OF tickets every season then how naive can they be? They had to know this was coming at some point. It’s ridiculous to suggest the club were going to do anything different really. It’s unfortunate for those missing out, nothing more. The club haven’t fucked anyone over.
I feel the club could have waited until the stadium capacity was increased enough to accommodate any ST holder being moved including keeping families together.

The timing is very bad and we should not have capitulated to pressure and should have waited until we were in a position to prioritise our own fans before that lot.

They had the option of 800 seats and refused them to get exactly what they have achieved. Stage 1 of getting the whole Broomloan back. I'm personally unaffected but feel for those that are.

Why are they naive? Not long ago the soundbite was the club would not move from the 800.
If this was known then why didn't the club make it public? Answer is it wasn't known and they have taken the fans for mugs...again

The fact that those who attended the meeting, for those ST holders who were being moved in the Copland to accommodate the UB, couldn't be given assurances that this was, to enable more tickets for them says enough.. the board have have lied pure and simple. Btw I agree that, we should have away fans at these games, for the atmosphere and world wide audience, BUT the board have went about it the wrong way by lying. I don't have the answer but, lying to your own fans definitely isn't the way.

This doesn't affect me yet but has serious potential to when I get moved out of my seat in the Govan Front. Given we'll be the last to be moved, we might have nothing left to move to but a seat with no old firm games. I'll be giving it up if that comes to pass.
I thought seats in the Govan weren't affected unless I've missed something?

I’m in BF4 and absolutely gutted to lose the seats my son and I have been in for years but the euro allocation seems the logical one as we’ve always been able to shuffle people around to manage that.

What will make this “right or wrong” will be how the seat moves are done - if they factor in the move of the UB out of BF1 and the CF3 folks moving around then I think they can keep twos and threes etc together. If it’s literally just a scramble for available seats I reckon it’s going to be a disaster.
Spot on, Rangers need to be as proactive on this as they were with the UB to Copland discussion. 'First come first served is utterly meaningless'; would have been better to just tell the truth and say 'we have no idea how we'll handle it but wanted to get an email out'.

Back