Albania V Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will beat Israel and make the playoffs against the other group C winners.

Serbia are the best of all the group C teams imo

This is by far the best route for Scotland to qualify.

So if we beat Israel we play Serbia over two legs to qualify for Euro 2020 ? Seems too good to be true

Anybody actually know how this uefa league works so if scotland beat israel on tues and top the group what happens next ??
Think Scotland will go into semi final play offs of some sort but confused about the promotion and relegation issues

If Scotland avoid defeat to Israel on Tuesday, they will have two legged playoff against one of their other sides from section C. If they come through that they will have a one off match against another section C side, the winner of which qualifies for Euro 2020.

I haven’t Googled this to confirm but I’m pretty sure this is the case if anyone wants to check.

The other “section C” sides are those on a par with Scotland in the Nations League group stage.

Scotland do not have to beat higher calibre sides like England and Spain in order to get to Euro 2020 via the Nations League.

Tonight’s result cancels out the defeat to Israel and very much puts Scotland back in the driving seat.

Think Scotland will go into semi final play offs of some sort but confused about the promotion and relegation issues

It's not really that confusing. If you top your group, you're promoted to the tier above. If you're bottom, you're relegated to the tier below.

Steven Fletcher has looked good almost in all the games he had started or come on a sub for Wednesday in the championship this season, he is hardworking and looks good to be fair, he would maybe score some goals to if Wednesday had an actual midfield and were allowed to play attacking football instead of defending all game due to the clueless manager and his obsession with defending.

Fletcher has looked one of the better Wednesday players recently but then again thats not that hard to do at the moment.

If Scotland avoid defeat to Israel on Tuesday, they will have two legged playoff against one of their other sides from section C. If they come through that they will have a one off match against another section C side, the winner of which qualifies for Euro 2020.

I haven’t Googled this to confirm but I’m pretty sure this is the case if anyone wants to check.

The other “section C” sides are those on a par with Scotland in the Nations League group stage.

Scotland do not have to beat higher calibre sides like England and Spain in order to get to Euro 2020 via the Nations League.

Tonight’s result cancels out the defeat to Israel and very much puts Scotland back in the driving seat.[/QUOTE
I’m sure Haley McQueen said we need to beat Israel to qualify as the head to head

So, what happens next?
Scotland beat Israel, then what? (genuine question)

We play Serbia and if we beat them we are through. I’ve no idea why but a poster above has confirmed .

You wonder if we do qualify that way what’s the point in playing in our euro qualifying group games ?

So if we beat Israel we play Serbia over two legs to qualify for Euro 2020 ? Seems too good to be true
No mate i never said we play Serbia, there are 4 mini groups in Group C and they are the best team out of the 4. The others look like Finland and either Norway or Hungary along with our group and Serbia.

We play a semi against one of the other 3 Group c winnera over 2 legs, then a final if the teams haven't qualified for the Euros via the normal qualification route.

These games will happen after the normal euro qualifying campaign.

If either of those teams qualify through the normal route then their place goes to the next placed team.

Its not that straight forward but thats the gist of it.

Last edited:

Tonight’s result cancels out the defeat to Israel and very much puts Scotland back in the driving seat.
Scotland need to beat Israel, Israel sit top as they beat us.

No mate i never said we play Serbia, there are 4 mini groups in Group C and they are the best team out of the 4. The others look like Finland and either Norway or Hungary along with our group and Serbia.

We play a semi against one of the other 3 Group c winnera over 2 legs, then a final if the teams haven't qualified for the Euros via the normal qualification route.

These games will happen after the normal euro qualifying campaign.

It’s too complicated .

If we win through that way do we withdraw from our normal qualifying group ?

It’s too complicated .

No we still have our normal qualifying group, once thats over and finished and if we haven't qualified then we will play this semi if we win the group.

Yeah Scotland have to beat Israel. That gets them promoted to B next nation's league. But the playoffs are after Euro qualifiers. It depends who qualifies first.

Honestly half of Europe makes the Euros, Scotland should qualify. England, Wales and the 2 Irelands made it last time and Scotland had Germany and a hard qualifying group. I think anyone counting on Scotland not making it may be disappointed.

I found myself cheering all of Scotland's goals. I think I was more invested in our Rugby v South Africa to be honest. The only game I played well. If it wasn't for Shagger and Eros (lol) I probably wouldn't have watched Sky Sports at all.

Watched N.Ireland destroy Israel recently, fancy Scotland with their tails up to put a few past them - any early odds?

Scotland looked good tonight, but until he tired, Grezda was the outstanding player on the pitch. Think he will get better and better and become an important player for us.

Mate Albania look like a pub team, Gredza aside.

The ground was like a 3rd div team, and the pub team were down to 10 men. It was not international level in any way.
To put it in context
Italy could only put 1 past them
Spain 2. They finished 3rd in their 6 team group behind those 2
They beat Turkey and Romania away recently and Israel at home..
they’re not that bad

Mate Albania look like a pub team, Gredza aside.

The ground was like a 3rd div team, and the pub team were down to 10 men. It was not international level in any way.
It was very much an international game, caps were handed out, 3 points were won, 4 goals scored away from home, we won, convincingly, clean sheet for the goalie, get over it.

Obviously we'll be judging him on his Rangers performances.

But it was pretty clear Grezda was much sharper than he was last time Albania played (against Jordan and Isreal).

Hard for him to be good tonight given how Albania played mind you.

I found myself cheering all of Scotland's goals. I think I was more invested in our Rugby v South Africa to be honest. The only game I played well. If it wasn't for Shagger and Eros (lol) I probably wouldn't have watched Sky Sports at all.
Eh??

You blootered?

Good luck to them. I haven’t followed the national side since the mid 80s but they are the country of my birth so I never wish them ill. It’s not just Scotland but international football in general I find a pain in the backside. They really should limit them to the summer months. Four times since the league kicked off we’ve had it disrupted for Internationsls. Add in the winter break and it’s been a stop, start, stop, start League Championship. It’s very difficult to get any run of form going with all these interruptions

If I read things right only those in League A can win it. That renders the rest of the competition meaningless. They’re currently trying to talk up Tuesdays game, but it’s bollocks. Even if they win and top the group they still need to qualify for the European championships if they’re to go up to league B. If that happens they still can’t win it and need to win their group in two years time plus qualify for Euro 2022 to get into League A and finally have a crack at winning the thing. Miraculous as that would be. For countries like Scotland it just seems pointless as they will no doubt end up staying where they are

Scotland don't need to qualify for euros to get to group b. All we need to do is top our group (beat israel on tuesday) and that gets us promoted to group b, as well as into the playoffs for an extra qualification chance for the euros.

:D:D:D:D

It’s too complicated .

It's not that complicated. The Nations League play-offs are played after normal qualification. Therefore if we top our Nations League group but don't qualify for the Euros through the normal qualifiers, we'll participate in the Nations League play-offs for a place in the Euros.

It also means finishing 3rd in the normal qualifiers doesn't get you into a Euros play-off, only the top two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back