Alnwick to Shrewsbury?

I'd take Carson from Motherwell. He was probably the best keeper in the league last season and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to play for us.

Mate is a Motherwell season ticket holder and gets snippets of ITK stuff. Carson would have jumped at the chance to join us but is almost certainly going to be signing for Cardiff City. Motherwell have already brought in his replacement. Fee expected to be reported as circa £400k - but that may include add-ons, not sure on that yet.

Good keeper and worth far more than £250k

I like Foderingham as well but feel he represents a better cash in for now. Championship clubs would give us £2-3M I think and we can go with McGregor no. 1, Alnwick no. 2 and proceed to loan out Robbie McCrorie to a better calibre of team than last year and see if he can progress even further with a view of being our no. 1
I also think he is a good keeper and if going would expect a bigger fee.

I would have rathered Alnwick as our no2 as I think Wes would be worth more to move on.

I also think Alnwick is better than Shrewsbury and worth more than 250k but hey ho.

JAK ALNWICK is set to stay at Rangers after Shrewsbury were priced out of a move for the keeper.

Reports claimed the stopper was headed on his way out of Ibrox in favour a return to English football with the League One club

But SunSport understands that while Shrewsbury enquired about Alnwick’s availability, his wages and potential transfer fee ultimately proved too costly.

Alnwick joined Rangers on a three-and-a-half-year deal in January last year to provide competition to Wes Foderingham.

But the 24-year-old has found his opportunities to impress limited, making just 11 appearances in all competitions so far.

And with Allan McGregor returning to Ibrox this summer, Alnwick is likely to find himself further down the pecking order.

Wouldn't have wanted to let him go for 250k - but don't know all the reasons behind it.

At this point my trust is with MA and SG.

I wasn't particularly a fan of Alnwick, but I feel that when he came in for a run of games at the end of the season just ended he acquitted himself pretty well.

As many others have said, the sensible thing here is to sell Foderingham and hang onto Alnwick - if he's prepared to stay - because it should net us more cash.

Where do so many bears get the idea that
we are going to get big bucks for Fod? :cool:
No better than Alnwick,and look how much we are getting for him.:)

Seeing the latest posts we're not getting anything for Alnwick - because he's not going.;)

On your other point, it is, put simply, the FF way. We have an abundance of 'shite' players we 'need' to get rid of - but they're all worth a fortune, despite being 'shite'.:confused: Examples that spring to mind include Foderingham, Tavernier, Windass, Morelos.

Collective madness I call it.

If anyone heard the Bett on it podcast, on heart and hand about Allan McGregor there's a short story that tells you exactly why Wes should be the one hunted.

Weak mindedness will not win titles. Even having someone like him in the squad runs the risk of spreading it throughout the squad, although hopefully a man like Gerrard will offset that as there will inevitably be some dross left in the squad after the window
Interested in this but can't find a Bett on It for McGregor.

Good keeper and worth far more than £250k

I like Foderingham as well but feel he represents a better cash in for now. Championship clubs would give us £2-3M I think and we can go with McGregor no. 1, Alnwick no. 2 and proceed to loan out Robbie McCrorie to a better calibre of team than last year and see if he can progress even further with a view of being our no. 1
Patch that get McCrorie in as Greegsy’s understudy, best way for the young lad to learn from a man who’s won trophies with Rangers and played at the highest level in Europe.

As others alluded to, my preferred result would've been mcregor and jak fighting for no1, although I think we all know who would win that. Sell fod. But, its very possible jak is not keen on playing another season as 2nd choice so wants to play. Fair play to him I say.

I still think we should cash in on fod and pickup an experienced free transfer type goalie, if jak does go.

I think Wes is a much better keeper that Alnwick, but I still think they will both move in the summer. Wes won't stay as back up and should command a decent fee.

Good to see the club not accepting any old offer coming in. Alnwick has looked a capable goalkeeper when he’s played. Would try get a decent fee.

Foderingham makes the saves he's expected to make but nothing beyond that. He's a decent keeper and I like the big fella but we need better.

Foderingham makes the saves he's expected to make but nothing beyond that. He's a decent keeper and I like the big fella but we need better.

He rarely makes a top drawer save, long range efforts sail past him, he doesn't pull off blinders, there is no presence, his awareness and reading of the game is poor - takes an eternity to release the ball, he's suspect at high, crossed balls and he does not command his area. He makes the most basic of saves.

McCrorie needs experience if he is going to develop So loaning him is the best move. Would be happy if Alnwick stays as would rather cash in on Foderingham.

Doesn't sound like a guy who's about to leave.

f1fed451-7545-4efd-b9bd-f5cae4fadc88.png

He's our back up keeper that has played a handful of games. Where did you think he would be going?

See I think best way for him to learn is to get him out playing 40 games plus next season with the responsibility of a number 1 jersey

Which is ironically how mcgregor learned

I'd take Carson from Motherwell. He was probably the best keeper in the league last season and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to play for us.

He’s a great keeper we should buy him and loan back to Motherwell until we need him

Fod is average at best. Nowhere near Rangers standard. McGregor will add 10 points to our season with his saves, assuming he’s as good as he was.

That's the bit that worries me, I've not seen much of him at all recently so don't know how his ability has dropped with age (if it has at all), hopefully not much

He’s a great keeper we should buy him and loan back to Motherwell until we need him

See my earlier post - he is, most probably, signing for Cardiff City. At least, that is the widely held view amongst the Motherwell ITK's. Dunno if they are any better than our's or not right enough.;)

Last edited:
I have never known a Rangers keeper that gets beaten with so many long distance shots as Foderingham does . Dont want to see him between the sticks for us again .Never rated him from the moment he signed .

Back