Another €5 million in the Kitty

We get €5m guaranteed,. Did we not get about €3.5 for Europa League qualification last season, so not really that big a difference ? The match v PSV will bring in more than our play off tie last year.

If we invest now and the new player(s) do not add anything in 7 days time , is it then a firesale to bring our costs back into ljne with the budget we have?
Logically if we say brought in a new keeper, we sell McLaughlin and I reckon even at 34 we could get £1m in for him to offset. Likewise if it was a forward sell Sakala or Roofe.

If we invest now and the new player(s) do not add anything in 7 days time , is it then a firesale to bring our costs back into ljne with the budget we have?

We don't have to go mental and spend £20m or anything but one player around the £3-4m mark isn't really going to put us in financial peril if we don't qualify.

The reward of strengthening now far outweighs the risk for me. Champions league income will see the club bring in potentially up to £40m on top of what we've already made that money is an absolute game changer.

We get €5m guaranteed,. Did we not get about €3.5 for Europa League qualification last season, so not really that big a difference ? The match v PSV will bring in more than our play off tie last year.
It’s €4.1m for getting to EL group stage.

So add on the €5m we guaranteed tonight.

So it’s €9m guaranteed.

But hopefully we go into the CL and don’t get any of those payments.

We have good keepers which is fine. However, now we have money we should be looking to upgrade the position.

Still a potential £30-40m to be made from winning this play-off round and now even in the worst case scenario it's a £5m parachute payment, £1-2m in gate money/TV and top seeding in the Europa league group which pretty much means guaranteed European football into next year.

Win the play off and the club is in the strongest position it's been in financially maybe ever. That's why we need to strengthen rather than risk losing out on that massive cash reward.
It doesn't matter, the deadline for registering for the playoff round is 2400 CET 11/8/22. Unless we pull something out of the bag in the next 2 days and register a signing by 1am on 12/8/22 , it will be the same squad we used vs USG.

For the group stage the deadline is 2400 2/9/22 so 0100 on 2/9/22 here.

QEeeYOk.png

Its in UEFA documents.

Eliminated clubs in qualifiers receive 10% of TV pool for that country. We did not get this last year as you need a club in group stages to be eligible.

We get 650k euros if we get beat as well as the 5 million plus gate money.

Huge win tonight. Huge.

Does that ten percent come straight out of that lots share?

I still think we are weak in central defence.

Helander out, Souttar still settling, Davies just arrived and Sands not natural in that position imo.

Actually think we are weaker for releasing Balogun. He defended well but have you an attacking threat at set pieces as well.

Corners and set pieces arent being defended well enough. Livi and USG had free headers.

Does that ten percent come straight out of that lots share?

Not really as the 10% is guaranteed for whatever round of qualifiers a team goes out in so their max was always 90%.

Beat PSV though and the 10% becomes 45% so 35% straight out of their pocket into ours.

@nelster I am interested in where you got the 6.5m estimate for the Scotland TV share?

You can see the squad properly start to come together now. Some of the link ups were outstanding.

Using the aquired prize money on one more proper creative goalscoring midfielder going right in the starting 11 ahead of the likes of Arfield would be very very desirable.

Oh and please someone fucking pay off the club statisticians and put someone on the fuckin back post for corners B-D

Not really as the 10% is guaranteed for whatever round of qualifiers a team goes out in so their max was always 90%.

Beat PSV though and the 10% becomes 45% so 35% straight out of their pocket into ours.

@nelster I am interested in where you got the 6.5m estimate for the Scotland TV share?
Total english pool looks 65 million euro from previous season pdf. Scotland gets 10%. UEFA equivalence as its joint UK contract

Tillman has barely played 10 senior games & was genuinely blowing around the 60 minute mark.

Aribo had 3 seasons with Charlton under his belt, daft comparison.
Senior games? He's been playing for a 4th tier Bayern side for 3 seasons prior, clearly he's going to be a key player, key players play. He'll play 40+ if injury free. He's already had 5 apps already for us so atleast another 35 isn't feasible?

He was blowing out his arse because he was covering every blade of grass, yet still got the winning goal and Gio didn't take him off because he knows he can handle it.

Senior games? He's been playing for a 4th tier Bayern side for 3 seasons prior, clearly he's going to be a key player, key players play. He'll play 40+ if injury free. He's already had 5 apps already for us so atleast another 35 isn't feasible?

He was blowing out his arse because he was covering every blade of grass, yet still got the winning goal and Gio didn't take him off because he knows he can handle it.

Your definition of “playing” & mine are clearly quite different.

It’s a huge jump to go from barely playing to being the man & playing 40+ games. I would like another quality midfielder who can go forward.

Still need to shift Roofe & Sakala if they aren't going to be involved. Katic too.

I think ppl need to remember the wage bill will still be quite high.
Agree Roofe just can’t keep fit it’s disappointing because fully fit along side Alfie that would be the key to winning the league this year. We move the 3 of them on along with Simpson leaving that take 60- 70k week of the wage bill, lot of cash

So it’s €9m guaranteed.

Is this definitely the case? I assumed the 5 million was instead of the 3.5.

So it’s €9m guaranteed.

With our gates, the commercial revenue, and the possibility of going deep into the competition etc, the EL may not be the best possible scenario, but won't do us any harm either when we figure in the money contained in your post.

With our gates, the commercial revenue, and the possibility of going deep into the competition etc, the EL may not be the best possible scenario, but won't do us any harm either when we figure in the money contained in your post.
Good thing about getting to the CL is that we take 50% of celtic tv money off them.

I’d like to see us sign a quality goalkeeper. McLaughlin as No.2 and loan out McCrorie for the season with a view to him being No.2 next season onwards.
Don’t disagree with the sentiment but I reckon McCrorie will be off at the end of this season. He will be about 25 by that point and needs games.

Very excited about Tillman. I feel he has the potential to be an upgrade on Aribo, though totally different styles.

Your definition of “playing” & mine are clearly quite different.

It’s a huge jump to go from barely playing to being the man & playing 40+ games. I would like another quality midfielder who can go forward.
He played 33 games 2 seasons ago for Bayern II and 23 last season then add in apps and being with Bayern main team it was around 30. He's been training and developing at one of the best teams in the World. He is absolutely ready to come to Rangers and put in a whack of matches.

Hes played 2 matches for us? I don't know what nonsense site you've used for his apps he's played more than 2 matches ffs

Injury free he hits 40 games.

He

He played 33 games 2 seasons ago for Bayern II and 23 last season then add in apps and being with Bayern main team it was around 30. He's been training and developing at one of the best teams in the World. He is absolutely ready to come to Rangers and put in a whack of matches.

Hes played 2 matches for us? I don't know what nonsense site you've used for his apps he's played more than 2 matches ffs

The site tracks league games, cup games & European games separately. You’d know that if you bothered to look at the image.

He’s played 2 league games.

Absolutely, it’s quite clear to me he is here to be one of our main men.

It’s a long season so there will be times when he drops out for his own good but he will definitely be a first 11 pick for any important games.

Plus another circa 2 million from the gate money
I’m sure someone on here picked up from the accounts that the costs for actually hosting a home game are pretty high to the tune of a million pounds or so on a European night. Still a fair few quid brought in but not quite as much as you would expect

I’m sure someone on here picked up from the accounts that the costs for actually hosting a home game are pretty high to the tune of a million pounds or so on a European night. Still a fair few quid brought in but not quite as much as you would expect

20% VAT to come off too.

Back