Anyone been to see Alicone Milan

Both beautiful and utterly shite.

Miles away from the pitch with a basically horizontal view.

Can't deny it has charm though.

We are somewhat spoiled in that Ibrox is such an iconic traditional stadium, but is also so practical.

Must admit, I do like a quirky or unique stadium though. Braga's certainly fits the bill.

That's fantastic. But equally, as above, probably a bit shit to watch a game in.

Every original/unique stadium should be preserved and celebrated, lest the generic boot of UEFA/FIFA stamps them out to be replaced with a generic four sided box designed by one of their 'preferred suppliers' to a rigid specification.

That's fantastic. But equally, as above, probably a bit shit to watch a game in.

Every original/unique stadium should be preserved and celebrated, lest the generic boot of UEFA/FIFA stamps them out to be replaced with a generic four sided box designed by one of their 'preferred suppliers' to a rigid specification.

Like Hampden. I'm not a fan of it.

Although that stadium looks superb.

Hampden looks like a stadium in Aleppo compared to that.

Lovely sporting arena, utterly useless as a football ground. Would be shite for the fans.

Beautiful history though, I’ve obviously never been but it’s great that it’s still in reasonable condition and still used to hold sporting events. Theses old stadiums need to be preserved, especially one like this.

Thanks for this. I remember when I was a wee boy watching the first leg from Ibrox which was broadcast live on tv - which in1957 was a very rare event. It was played on a very foggy and freezing November night and you can imagine what it was like watching it on an old black & white telly.
Great memories. Bet everyone was still glued to the telly though despite the picture quality.

Back